Dead by Daylight - Premium

Lyonic
Lyonic Member Posts: 224
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I think the time has come for DBD to launch a subscription based service. This would allow them to generate extra income and help keep the game strong financially.

What do you get?

Instant access to premium Rift

Ability to save 3 loadouts on characters (eg Genrush build. loop build, troll build)

Access to "try" 1 cosmetic set, for 1 month - A try before you buy as it were.

Access to "Premium" queue - this means people who support the game will get a preference when the ready up. People who pay go the front.

Monthly loot chest - This will contain goodies like consumables, skins, shards, perks etc.

I am sure there are other cool features we could have, can you help with ideas?

This would be awesome!

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

Is this like your job or something to pitch awful anti-consumer ideas for a game that already has microtransactions?

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608

Why would you give them such a terrible idea?

• rats00
    rats00 Member Posts: 194

Only after a massive restructuring of the monetization scheme with serious thought to supporter benefits based on money spent prior to the restructuring.

As much as people dismiss this out of hand there is ways it can be implemented that would benefit everyone, just not the way op describes in anyway.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
  • Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

Pretty sure this would be tier 4 Satanism

• NomiNomad

You do realize mobile games are some of the most anti-consumer pieces of media to exist, right? DbD does not need to be like that. DbD Mobile can get away with it, because it's a free game. Normal DbD isn't. Giving cosmetics for free to premium users? Yeah, whatever.

But locking things like better matchmaking and perks behind it would be the worst decision they could ever make. It would considerably split the playerbase, and locking new characters from "lite" players is one of the most greedy, selfish things I can think of? Oh, you're someone that wants to grind for characters? ######### you, work twice as hard. Also, you can't buy them for a month. Just be richer 4head!

A change like the ones you listed would make this game worse, not better. It would not only be Pay 2 Win but basically Pay 2 Play unless you want ######### matchmaking. This would make BHVR on Bethesda, EA, or Hi-Rez levels of greedy. #########, I've never been more glad the Dev's don't look to General Discussions for ideas.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

no

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

Maybe they make the game better with all the money get from rift event and outfits. If you want to give them more money, go ahead and do that, because this company has proven they don't deserve an extra dime from what they already soak out of people. Many problems exsist for years. Balance is busted. They don't response to racism, sexism or homophonic reports. They do not care about you.

Don't think for a second if they charged you more for the same thing that they would give anything back.

Most things mentioned by OP should already be in the game.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

This is not free mobile game, it would be insulting put this elitist crap in a full priced game

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    edited December 2020

The game doesn't need it. It is doing perfectly fine. There are plenty of players and the game is already benefiting greatly from overpriced micro transactions. They don't need most people to even buy those. The micro transaction model relies on just a small percentage of players buying a massive amount. The average player buying a few outfits here and there is just icing on top.

The game is easily going to last another year, two or three perhaps. What the game needs is a sequel that isn't limited like this game engine is. And the better graphics that come with a sequel of course. Riding a emaciated horse till its heeled over and dies isn't good.

• NomiNomad

I value the playerbase and community more. If they put any thing like this through, it would split the playerbase. And I've been playing this game for three years, so no - I'm not new.

Imagine your somebody who has bought every chapter, grinded out all the perks on every character. You've spent well over $100 on this game.

Well guess what, your now locked out of the things YOU bought! Congrats, go ######### yourself! Pay us more money!

I honestly think this game would die if they made it like this. You aren't thinking about the community, what really matters. There is no community without the game, sure, but there's also no game without the community.

Besides, it doesn't matter. BHVR has stated multiple times they don't want to add anything that would split the playerbase, as this idea would. And yes, it would.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954
    edited December 2020

Nice bait, but I do actually think that DbD base game should be F2P, with all the DLC, outfits, and most recently the Rift Pass, it already feels like one. I'm sure they could make money like TF2 or CS:GO does.

Post edited by GreyBigfoot on
  • Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

Ok so you pay for the game. $10 (when on sale).

You then pay for the DLC, which even on the most generous of sales is over $40. (the Christmas 2020 sale)

You pay another $10+ per rift pass. (6-7 outfits and charms nobody will ever see)

Almost the entirety of the skins that are released are available in odd amounts of 'Auric cells' (1 way currency you pay for but cannot exchange back into cash) These cosmetics are released every few days constantly.

The game developers release broken and bug-filled DLCs abd straightup nerf DLC perks (like Ash) mere weeks after release. The game is increasingly full of cheaters with an in-game report system which doesn't seem to work.

Matchmaking is a complete farce, communication from the Developers is almost non-existant and they don't seem to comprehend the game from the perspective of the players, merely looking at the statistics. Bloodwebs remain full of useless crap and become more & more convoluted as more perks, characters and worthless offerings/addons are added into the game yet bloodpoint gains have remained the same for years.

They have an estimated revenue of around $100 million dollars while charging people through the nose on almost every way they can nickle and dime you on a game that you paid for.

Yet here you are offering even more ways for them to take money from us. Do you hate the consumers of this game?

• shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298

We truly live in the darkest timeline for gaming.

• Lyonic
    Lyonic Member Posts: 224

Exactly! It's about keeping the game going as long as possible. Don't MAKE the devs abandon the game you love to work on other more fruitful endeavors! This gives players a chance to support the game and get some nice bits to make the game more interesting.

Still looking for more ideas so keep them coming guys! Lets make this great!

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

The game wouldn't do better financial if nobody plays it due to terrible monetization systems, next thing you are going to tell us is they should put advertising ingame at the bottom of the screen 24/7 as a banner ad

• Dimek
    Dimek Member Posts: 286

sorry but this idea is bad, like really bad

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited December 2020

It's posts like these that I'm glad BHVR doesn't take feedback from the forums because holy ######### if they actually did this...

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

absolutely DISGUSTING you would suggest the ability to save build slots for paid subscription. HOLY #########!

This idea is too greedy.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,938

I think I can safely say that many of these things would never be put in the game.

Access to the queue is for everyone who's purchased the game, it shouldn't be - you paid more so you will get priority.

Also a saved loadout is something I'd like for default for everyone...again, people have purchased the game, they have the same entitlements to things as anyone else does.

Premium rift - we do have that currently anyway, the free pass and the paid pass - purely optional, purely cosmetic, not a "pay to win" type of thing at all.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

This is a terrible idea, it's so anti-consumer. The game doesn't need help staying strong financially, they have plenty of ways to earn income. The only people this idea would appeal to are top management at BHVR wanting to pad their pockets or people with plenty of disposable income (probably because their parents pay for everything).

They don't need more methods of earning money. They need better resource management of the income they already earn to go towards game health. They've added $15 cosmetics and premium rift, they've found ways to increase income yet they're pushing out unfinished products that are more bug ridden than before. Increasing methods of income has not helped DBD.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Haha this has to be a joke. Nobody likes anti-consumer crap like this. You’re locking behind saved loadouts and faster matchmaking behind a paywall and adding in loot boxes. We’re not Activision or 2K here, this crap won’t fly with us.

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410

This is the worst idea i have ever seen. You make this suggestion to 'help' the game and the devs but by doing this ironically going to make the game die and devs not have enough money?

There are multiple flaws in this:

1. People buy the game and already have to pay for MOST of the chapters and cosmetics. You now want them to pay for quicker queue times, and whatever the other things were? ######### off.
    2. This will make the game basically pay to win and it will be unfair for those who do not have enough money.
    3. Nobody wants to play a game where they have to keep buying ######### and spending money just to get a quicker queue time and #########.
    4. People will get fed up if devs actually do this and stop playing the game.
    5. WHAT THE ######### WERE YOU THINKING WHEN SUGGESTING THIS TO ME IN THE GAME? SO GREEDY AND DO YOU REALISE HOW THIS WILL KILL THE GAME!?

(apologies on number 5, this suggestion makes me angry).

• Boomer_Zoomer
    Boomer_Zoomer Member Posts: 29

I like how few people got the joke. Yeah, the Tomes are grinding work, but I'm still gonna tier them up all the way.