Psa for all noed haters:

Options

Detectives hunch is in the shrine. Get it.

Comments

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

ok

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,395
    Options

Yeah im just sayin for the people who say its hard to find the totem.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Can you convince people to switch out adren, dh, bt, ds for hunch?

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

People hate NOED because it rewards killers with things they shouldnt deserve. Like okay "do bones", but at the same time there are unreachable totems or some totems that are so well hidden you can spend 5+ minutes just looking for them.

• BC_Jack
    BC_Jack Member Posts: 29
    Options

I agree with your opinion. However, i see it as a strategic option for some people who do not have the experience and skill to decide the game before the last generator is completed.

A change for NOED is, in my opinion, appropriate. You could remove the additional speed or make it a no Hex totem but limit the exposed effect to 2 minutes.

I never use it as a main killer, but I understand that the perk is important for many other players, but not really well balanced for today's game.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,870
    Options

I've been constantly running DH just for Ruin+Undying. This meta right now is very unkind to other hexes, besides the occasional H:HG. That combination is so strong that it is a loss bringing other hexes along just to avoid losing Ruin respawn points.

Also, many survivors are bringing maps as well as Detective's Hunch. On the one recent game a killer brought NOED, i knew the 2 remaining totems so it was not difficult to get rid of it. The whole perk was resumed to 1 exposed effect.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

I had this deathslinger who chased me the last 4 gens and got me at the end only because of noed, he was playing really poorly but he felt good nodding and facecamping me while my solo q teammates were waiting in the gates instead of looking for the goddamn hex totem and save me. I couldn't even do bones myself, carried my teammates while they did the last 4 gens and the killer gets rewarded anyways.

• getuy45u4iu
    getuy45u4iu Member Posts: 93
    Options

Agree. Many survivors also escape undeserved and think that they are good players.

NOED is a good perk, especially given that new killer players can be matched with much more experienced survivors and all gens can be done in 5 minutes. With NOED there's at least a chance for an inexperienced or unlucky killer player to turn things around.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
  • GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,657
    Options
    • Uncleansable totem of Coldwind Farm
    • Just Do Bones
  • Metalhead
    Metalhead Member Posts: 34
    Options

The issue with NOED has never been that it has no counter. The problem is that it goes way overboard on the benefits to the killer for what it takes to counter it.

It takes approximately 14~15 seconds to cleanse a totem. There are 5 on a map. The counter to this is to spend 75ish seconds doing nothing but cleansing totems. That's the equivalent of 1 1/4 generators worth of time just cleansing.

Now add in the time to search for the totems on top of that...

Now add in the time that it will take you to escape a chase if the killer spots you while you are looking...

Now add in any wasted time you spent cleansing if the killer finds you mid cleanse...

Even if we are being generous and saying it takes only 10 seconds to go between totems and you dont get chased/interrupted at all, we have now added the equivalent of over two minutes worth of time to the match to counter a perk that you may or may not even know is in play. No other single perk in the game has that kind of power.

Then factor in that it reduces the killers necessary effort by half if the survivors don't cleanse all totems and that if NOED procs it becomes a matter of rng, not skill on how long it lasts.

Should a perk exists that boosts a killer at the most crucial moment? Sure. Adrenaline exists so why not have a killer equivalent. But it's not NOED in it's current form. It needs a rework.

If the boosts stay the same then the NOED totem should be lit and cleansable right from the beginning of the match like any other totem.

One alternative is to remove it from being a hex altogether and make it a perk that you earn stacks on.

NOED; for each different survivor you hook during the match you earn a token up to 2/3/4 tokens. When all generators are repaired, each token gained grants you a 3% speed increase and your basic attack ignores endurance effects (borrowed time, mettle of man, soul guard etc.)

Also whenever a hatch is opened during a match it will immediately shut if it comes within your terror radius.

Something like this would be a bit closer to being a strong boost for killers imo that isn't so obviously a lazy concept such as insta downs only because survivors didn't play a 7gen+ game.

It reflects a combination of strong closing mechanics while being viable for every single killer even ones with natural instadown abilities.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited January 2021
    Options

@EvilJoshy

Can you convince people to switch out Camping, Tunneling and Slugging?

Oh wait, they're always there. Nvm I thought they were slottable perks.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,257
    edited January 2021
    Options

well I think survivors with second chance perks didn't deserve the escapes they get because they weren't skilled enough at the game to use their first chance well enough

does that mean they should suddenly all be changed

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

The last gen's done, someone's on the way to the exit gate, i'm healthy and I can tank at least one bit, I can keep the killer busy for just a minuoh NOED, darn. Outplayed.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,494
    edited January 2021
    Options

The subject of this post was about NOED specifically, not problematic survivor perks with the same issues.

Me thinking there's a problem with NOED doesn't imply I don't think there are problematic survivor perks, because there are and much more of them. Many survivor perks are unhealthy design and need to be changed. That just isn't the topic of this conversation.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,257
    Options

I just don't like the one sided arguments of this thing sucks because X while the exact same thing can be said about the same of the other sides,

I know its whataboutism but in the sake of game BALANCE it is always a discussion of whataboutism because nothing ever gets balanced properly unless both sides are addressed

• JayDoesGames
    JayDoesGames Member Posts: 264
    Options
  • sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

I used to take the hits for my teammates. Then i stopped. You want to know why? Today i had a game, 1 gen left, all players alive, the killer is hunting one injured and on dead hook. I take the hit, and lure the killer away to the other side of the map, so the last gen can be done. Since all pallets are gone already, and i was forced to take that hit, i cant outrun or juke him, so i go down and get hooked. The killer runs away, is nowhere near the hook, the other 3 survivors just open the gate and leave, leaving me on a hook for helping them. I hate it to play selfish, but a lot of times when i dont, i get really angry because such thinks happen in solo queue time and again. So yes, i wont do it the next couple of games, until i get a game with decent survivors and feel bad for not helping them.

• HR_Helios
    HR_Helios Member Posts: 189
    Options

I've seen a lot of comp teams adding one person with detectives hunch to find ruin undying quicker. It's becoming part of the comp meta but in pubs I still wouldn't run it

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    edited January 2021
    Options

You don't "earn" the escape until you've passed through the gates or jumped in the hatch.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
    Options

And because survs can play against better killers too, they deserve a perk to move 4% faster at egc and you need 3 hits to put them in dying state

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

It is no different than any other effect that creates Exposed. Except it only works at the end of the game.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

actually thats what dead hard, adrenaline and hope for. And while they only work once of for a short time, the killer can do nothing to prevent them, unlike survivors and noed. Also, dead hard works the whole game, not just at egc.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

I just want a little totem counter next to the gen counter 😔

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877
    Options

NOED simply needs tweaking. Statistically it’s balanced, but the issue is more with how the Perk feels and not how effective it is.

Solo Survivors are expected to scour the map to cleanse 5 totems (or find their remains) or else face the wrath of NOED. A Solo Survivor could cleanse 4 totems and still be end up being downed because their team-mates didn’t get the “cleanse bones” memo. And there’s nothing more painful than seeing you team go down one-by-one trying to desperately save you with no plan.

Killers are expected to play with 3 Perks until late-game. Once the last generator is down, the moment they have been waiting for could be taken quickly away with the totem being cleansed a few seconds later. And there’s nothing worse than encountering a SWF team that ensure you NOED never sees the light of day.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

Yeah the group that I play with are always running small game since ruin and undying is all too common now.

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877
    Options

Ordinarily? Don’t you have access to statistics around the Perk?

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

@Almo

Earning usually means you did something... via an action.

Imagine if survivors were to capitalize on x amount of hooks the killer got in order to get the effect of a perk to proc.

"When the killer has hooked all survivors the survivors now get adrenaline"

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444
    Options

You can count to 5 cant you, thats how I do it with det hunch and easy cleanse them all and get rid of 1-2perks, I once cleased 4 hex totems one was undying but all done before 2nd gen, around 2 and a half minutes, honestly totems need to be hidden cause I can find them easily even without the perk already know the most common spawns :/

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,447
    Options

The hatch needs to be found, offerings to make it spawn somewhere aside. Plus the killer can close it.

Yeah I'm surprised they still haven't fixed that one, I'm guessing that coldwind is getting the next rework

• rats00
    rats00 Member Posts: 194
    Options

That's literally soul guard. You can fully recover from the dying state if the killer has a hex on you. The killer having a hex isn't something you did.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

I don't know about you but I'm not on comms with all my teammates so I can't just automatically know every time a totem gets cleansed, with a totem counter you'd know if someone else has already done them all so you don't have to look for 5 broken totems to know for sure (and it would bridge the gap between swf and solos because swf can already communicate about how many totems have been broken, but solos can't)

• rats00
    Options

I use small game to clear totems and I only play solo que. It's nowhere near the task people make it out to be. I don't even hunt them, I usually find 3-4 of them just by looking for gens or helping teammates.

As well detectives hunch or maps essentially make totems a non issue.

• Johnny_XMan
    edited January 2021
    Options

@rats00

And I am not justifying that either. It is a weird/lazy design choice.

I am not here to discuss whataboutisms, there are plenty of those. I am talking about the notion that "You as a killer earn NoEd's passive effect bonuses" because you did.... what exactly? Oh that's right. You didn't. You simply slotted a perk, that activates upon the survivor-objective being completed.

• JimPickens666
    JimPickens666 Member Posts: 326
    Options

You're assuming that's because survivors will leave and not try to sabo and bodyblock

• rats00
    Options

"Imagine if survivors were to capitalize on x amount of hooks the killer got in order to get the effect of a perk to proc."

I was answering you. I don't need to imagine, it exists. Don't try and brush off your error by accusing me of "whataboutism".

It was also explained anyways. They sacrificed a perk for 2/3 of a match for more power at the end. Survivors were either to lazy or were to pressured to clear totems which is either capitalizing on opponet failure or outright earned. As well if a killer gets more than one kill with noed thats really more the survivor who took that risks fault.

You get hit opening the gate? Maybe don't just stand still till you can feel the killers breath on your back. Don't 99% doors and run off to make noises for no other reason than to antagonize the killer. Don't butt dance to mock the killer at the gate, leave.

Seriously from this thread people act like noed just wins games against the most powerful survivors. It really does require the survivors to get cocky to work.

I take the killer seriously no matter how bad they are at chasing. I leave when I can if a safe unhook isn't going to be possible. I don't walk by totems, especially when the killer is far away, and clear them. I bring small game every few matches to help me learn positions.

Noed is rarely an issue for me.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2021
    Options

8 stacks of STBFL and NOED is probably the funniest thing on the planet against altruistic survivors.

I've been on both ends of the NOED stick and it's usually ****Ing hilarious I find. I've run to my death so many times KNOWING I should just leave haha. I've watched us leave the gate, and then give the killer a 4k- 100% our fault and it's the most face palm thing ever but I know it's just that, our fault.

However, despite what Almo said, they are wrong in that it's always 100% survivors fault in getting one kill. They seem to think that all survivors will FIND every totem. Some are stupid well hidden, and on newer maps or after the devs have moved them around, it can be hard if you haven't played for so long you remember almost every totem spawn. You have a time limit usually, be it person on hood or EGC to find that totem at the end too once it's lit, and even before that, where if you spend all the time needed trying to find that totem EVERYONE will lose anyways from nothing else being done.

IF you take NOED, it will quite often get you at least one kill in which that perk did all the work for you, no you did not earn it beyond just equipping that perk and playing with 3 perks all game- but it lasts about as long as say, corrupt intervention does or a bit less usually; or other "timed" or one off perks; we don't call using those perks only taking 3 perks- we call it a good perk slot use. We have balanced them for being too strong in that window of time even before.

I think it's fair/balanced myself however, but I don't use it because it still feels like an unearned kill to me. I don't want a perk doing my job for me, I want to feel I did it. I don't begrudge others for it; but I certainly feel that way myself.

This discussion has been closed.