The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Doctor is such a joke

Takes no skill whatsoever...

Lets play doctor. Oh cant see any survivor? Dont worry lets make them scream because we dont want survivors who try to hide from killers. Still cant find them? Oh heres a decoy you can see so you know exactly where they are hiding form the other side of the map. And also lets make there skillchecks randomly appear on the screen.

Meanwhile Wraith has stealth.. thats it.

Doctor is for people who need trainingwheels to play games.

Comments

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    so you think doc is op?
  • m3dicookie
    m3dicookie Member Posts: 74

i really don't like that first scream i think it should build up and then you scream but thats just me it makes it so ez for him. when the other killers have to look for survivors.

• Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

Doc isn't OP. Git gud does apply to OP

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    none of the killers require skill.  nurse is muscle memory.  the rest simply require some intellect and decent reflexes.
  • Shipthebread

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    none of the killers require skill.  nurse is muscle memory.  the rest simply require some intellect and decent reflexes.

So this game has no skill?

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    edited June 2018
    1. Lockers
    2. Dodge the shock, the base range is abyssal
    3. Get to madness one while he is chasing somebody else. It takes much longer to reach madness two then it does to reach madness one.
    4. Seeing the decoys is an add on.
    5. Git Gud
  • EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316

@EpicFailTryHard said:j

nope.  only exaggerated egos.
  • Shipthebread

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    Shipthebread said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:j

nope.  only exaggerated egos.

Muscle memory and reflexes are not skills?

• MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163
    I hate that’s anti stealth, but there’s worst killers.
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

Doctor is actually super easy to win against and honestly, if you have trouble against him.

Play as him.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@weirdkid5 said:
    Doctor is actually super easy to win against and honestly, if you have trouble against him.

Play as him.

Realistically only a few maps are simply brutal against him, especially 15-20 ranks, really good docs/bad groups. One good doc kept 4 of solo players off 3 gens on swamp for 15+ mins.

• Tanadris
    Tanadris Member Posts: 59

A common thing I do is initiate Madness Tier 1 as soon as possible, so I can navigate the map without being randomly found due to the first scream.

Also, don't leave three gens right next to each other. If the doctor is sitting on three gens waiting for game to reach 1 gen, then try to get your team to pull him away, or try to stealth them as best you can. Properly placing gens for Killer to have LONG patrols is essential for zoning Killers, like Trapper, Doctor, Hag, and soon to be Clown.

3rd option is to bring key; avoid the last gen problem, especially if you see the Doctor abusing a 3 gen placement.

Good luck.

• powerbats

@Tanadris said:
    A common thing I do is initiate Madness Tier 1 as soon as possible, so I can navigate the map without being randomly found due to the first scream.

Also, don't leave three gens right next to each other. If the doctor is sitting on three gens waiting for game to reach 1 gen, then try to get your team to pull him away, or try to stealth them as best you can. Properly placing gens for Killer to have LONG patrols is essential for zoning Killers, like Trapper, Doctor, Hag, and soon to be Clown.

3rd option is to bring key; avoid the last gen problem, especially if you see the Doctor abusing a 3 gen placement.

Good luck.

Swamp and they were all middle area of map and he knew what eh was doing since we could never get them started, took us close to 20 to finally get 1 of the 3 done because he patrolled so well and with extended terror radius you'd get interrupted.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

i really don't like that first scream i think it should build up and then you scream but thats just me it makes it so ez for him. when the other killers have to look for survivors.

That scream does in fact build up, we just don't see it, as the Status Effect is only shown from Madness I forwards.
  • powerbats

@DocOctober said:
    m3dicookie said:

That scream does in fact build up, we just don't see it, as the Status Effect is only shown from Madness I forwards.

While you might not see it, the survivor still pops up into full view of the doctor. This is especially aggravating when he's chasing someone else 40 yards away and you jump up in scream so he knows where 2 of you are or more. Get him on Gideons and be above/below him and get screwed.

• Goldmund
    Goldmund Member Posts: 14

Just go to the opposite way he shocks and you will avoid him.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

33% - HE'S OP
    33% - HE'S UP
    33% - HE'S MEDIOCRE

THIS COMMUNITY IS FUQED

• DocOctober
    edited June 2018

@powerbats said:

@DocOctober said:
    m3dicookie said:

While you might not see it, the survivor still pops up into full view of the doctor. This is especially aggravating when he's chasing someone else 40 yards away and you jump up in scream so he knows where 2 of you are or more. Get him on Gideons and be above/below him and get screwed.

Sorry, but you completely and thoroughly misunderstood my comment. You're speaking of Auras, I was speaking of the Status Effect in the Status HUD, the little symbol that shows Survivors in what Madness Tier they are.

I said that like with higher Madness Tiers, the initial scream also builds up and doesn't just randomly happen. Meaning that there's an invisible meter going from Madness 0 to Madness I, but we only start seeing that meter (or Status Effect) from Madness I onwards.

• powerbats

@DocOctober said:

@powerbats said:

@DocOctober said:
    m3dicookie said:

Sorry, but you completely and thoroughly misunderstood my comment. You're speaking of Auras, I was speaking of the Status Effect in the Status HUD, the little symbol that shows Survivors in what Madness Tier they are.

I said that like with higher Madness Tiers, the initial scream also builds up and doesn't just randomly happen. Meaning that there's an invisible meter going from Madness 0 to Madness I, but we only start seeing that meter (or Status Effect) from Madness I onwards.

Ah thanks for clarifying that then. But you've gotta admit that it sucks when he's chasing one person and you stand up in scream in full view of him lol.

• DocOctober

@powerbats said:

@DocOctober said:

@powerbats said:

@DocOctober said:
    m3dicookie said:

Ah thanks for clarifying that then. But you've gotta admit that it sucks when he's chasing one person and you stand up in scream in full view of him lol.

No, I don't. If he's chasing someone else, it doesn't matter that he sees your Aura, he's already occupied with someone.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@weirdkid5 said:

Play as him.

This. If you have issues to play against a killer, play this specific killer to understand their mechanics and limits. OP doesn't have any excuse anymore since you can now unlock DLC killers with playtime (and who didn't buy this DLC for cute Feng anyways?)

• Zombiella
    Zombiella Member Posts: 53

@Techn0 said:
    1. Lockers
    3. Get to madness one while he is chasing somebody else. It takes much longer to reach madness two then it does to reach madness one.
    5. Git Gud

Basically, this^
    I think the Dr is incredibly annoying to go against. I have a problem with the sensory overload.
    Even when I play as him (which I do to farm pts or for dailies), I'm annoyed at all of the constant audio interruptions.
    I wish tier 1 wasn't instant because I feel like this actually hurts the Doc more than it helps.
    I wish you didn't scream while you're down on the ground (free Deerstalker).
    I wish you didn't constantly hear static as a survivor---God, that is annoying.
    I don't really think it's necessary to have the skill checks pop up somewhere else AND shake around. Most Docs use Distressing+Unnerving and usually have Hex: Ruin or Overcharge, so I do think that's overkill.

But, honestly, he's not OP. I actually think he's under Nurse, Billy and Huntress, and maybe Myers, Idk. He's just REALLLLY annoying.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Shadoureon said:
    Takes no skill whatsoever...

Lets play doctor. Oh cant see any survivor? Dont worry lets make them scream because we dont want survivors who try to hide from killers. Still cant find them? Oh heres a decoy you can see so you know exactly where they are hiding form the other side of the map. And also lets make there skillchecks randomly appear on the screen.

Meanwhile Wraith has stealth.. thats it.

Doctor is for people who need trainingwheels to play games.

Play doc exclusively till you reach rank 1
    If you can look me in my eyes and tell me then that it takes no skill, then we can talk again :wink:

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Doctor is fine.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

Doctor is fine. x2

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259

Doctor is fine. x3
    I don't even own him, I played against him.
    He is good, but he is not a "joke".
    as legends used to say,

git gud.

• HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212

@Techn0 said:
    1. Lockers
    5. Git Gud

You said everything. Like every other Killer, you'll need to learn how to play against the Killer.
    Sure when the Doc finds you, chase you, juke him. He has no one shot. Billy, Cannibal, Huntress, even the Clown. Thats one of his weaknesses (no i don't run NOED).

Against the the Doc can be annoying, but wehen you know how to play against him, you can make his chase against you annoying 😉