The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I think that voice chat should be put into Dead by Daylight.

Grum_P
Grum_P Member Posts: 79
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

If proximity chat was put into Dead by Daylight I think that it would 1. Help survivors become more coordinated 2. Help killers locate survivors easier 3. Sort've nerf SWF. Currently one of the reasons that SWF is so annoying to go against is they know where you are at every waking moment and have discord calls so they can communicate without you knowing about it. By giving them a way to communicate that can also help you locate them it makes it harder for them to speak without being found and knowing about their plan. So if you play a stealth killer you can learn if they have spine chill because they might exclaim that they do, hear their plans about Wich gens they're going to work on, or help find out if there is anyone around if they start screaming.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Grum_P
    Grum_P Member Posts: 79

So I see that this is not a popular opinion.

• tactic
    tactic Member Posts: 356

Only enable it if I can scream while chasing a survivor with my saw as bubba

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,730

So this in-game chat idea would replace the other means of communication? How would the devs enforce this? I don't know about the other platforms, but on Xbox the party chats are entirely separate from any game being played. Heck we can and often are playing different games in the same party. And I believe Microsoft mandated any game they accept cannot interfere with the party chats in any way.

How do you propose this idea be implemented?

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

of course this and /or kindred base kit although some perks may need to be adjusted knock out and stuff that causes blindness comes to mind

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

As a killer listening to the rats that poison you obviously not, if they implemented voice chat to dbd, the game will be hated and I am sure that the killers and survivors of the network will get hurt and bad fame will come, the same as in f13, they coordinate you, stun you, tease you in the end, etc. It would be the same if it happened in dbd.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

No thanks.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

not good idea at all.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    edited December 2020

So I've posted about VOIP multiple times and I'll do it here again because it's something that the game NEEDS in order to help balance it out. VOIP should be available to only survivors, make it feel the same as if you were in discord. If discord was a better alternative to voip then less people would choose to use it. To those who complain about squeekers I'll address that. You would know before a match even starts what kind of teammates you have when you're in the lobby, just like in F13. You should be able to quick mute them throughout the entire match if someone is being obnoxious prior to match start. Survivors should also have the ability to turn voip off entirely if they choose to. Next, if someone is being obnoxious during a match you should be able to click on their portraits at the bottom of the screen and disable their mic.

So there, no reason to not have VOIP. Now the developers can finally balance the game as if every team was swf. And to those who are in europe where there are multi language barriers I'll say this... again, you would know if your team can speak English before the match even starts so you can back out if you choose to, otherwise just mute them.

There is zero excuse not to add mics to the game. The pros outweigh the cons.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

Killers will disagree since they hate any advantage survivors get. Let them have solo survivors so they can’t whine and call every group a SWF at this point.

• Felnex
    Felnex Member Posts: 334

It would be good for the game overall.

• I don't think voice comms should be added, that would throw off the whole balance of the game. However, I think SWF should be eliminated altogether, I think it's unhealthy for the game overall and I think the gameplay would be much more the way the developers intended it. Originally the game didn't support groups of friends being able to talk, and it should go back to survivors having to wonder what their allies are doing at the opposite end of the map, unsure of who should go for the save, or stay on gems, keeps them on their toes, LIKE THEY SHOULD BE!!

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

As killer you will often meet survivors that bully you verbally or beg you to not kill them because they have some hard challenge. That would break the game in my opinion.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

I don't mind it they put it in as long as I have the option to mute it out.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

How about enabling global voice chat that the killer cannot hear under any circumstances, that'd be far better.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

No. Look, this is a game where so many people are having a competition about who can be the biggest douchecanoe. voicechat would be a disaster, no matter what.

You already have a lot of brats that will be scummy for the sake of it, imagine them being able to talk to others.

So, no.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

No thanks.

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410

I think its a good idea as long as in the TAB Menu or Options you can either mute all vc communications or mute certain individuals who decide to be toxic and scream in their mic or whatever.

• kaijudane
    kaijudane Member Posts: 139

I'm right there with you. The whole premise of the game was to see if 4 strangers could work together and escape with limited communication. It's bad enough SWF teams gain unearned information in a match. I certainly wouldn't want to listen to them doing it.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183

God no, postgame chat is already bad enough.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Please.. just no.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    edited December 2020

Ventrilo and Teamspeaks have been around for many years prior to discord so if the intention was to have limited communication in a team centric game against other players then it would be a very flawed design. They surely knew people would be on com apps. They themselves have already created an official discord and allowed SWF. It's time to just go the extra step and add comms to the game so we can finally have some meaningful balance.

If you don't like it, just turn it off. You shouldn't be forced into it if you don't want to use it. I don't even care if it's off by default. But there are those of us who want to see the game played fairly.

Post edited by Mozzie on
  • Thanotos_Omega
    Thanotos_Omega Member Posts: 100

They won't do it because of the expense of moderating it, you can't trust an algorithm to listen to audio sent in by a person and get it right, that's 100s of thousands of dollars a year more to hire them, also if someone doesn't want to use it they will be pushed out so non verbal people or those who don't speak the same language will face discrimination from players, not to mention the issues for women in such spaces,

• horrortale_sans
    horrortale_sans Member Posts: 651

the suvivers will just yall win in a chase

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

If they put voice chat in thia game. Killers arent gping to want to play on that side of the game anymore.

Its hard enough when you get a swf group in your lobby with comms.

And you think we want more swf group using comms?

We nwed less swf groups using comms. Less.

• ACasualDoorMatt
    ACasualDoorMatt Member Posts: 21

The problem with this is that there's no point in having it if the killer can hear. Sure, this opens up for more communication options than pointing forward and signalling to follow but this seems more of a benefit to the killer. Anyone who uses it is easily found. Another problem is that this opens a whole new world of toxicity. The end-game chat can already be toxic enough, but the voice chat would take the cake. Imagine the amount of survivors and killers yelling at eachother. "######### you, DS-using chimp!", "Eat #########, baby killer!".