The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Creative Nerf to Decisive Strike

gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,533
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Nerf the stun duration of Decisive Strike to 3 seconds like Head On.

And introduce a new Survivor perk that increases all Killer stuns by 1 second. Call it something like Salt in the Wound.

So Decisive Strike has the Power Struggle problem, where it’s only optimal as part of a combo. So you can’t stack it with as many of other meta perks.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• RexIsGod
    RexIsGod Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2

No. Remove DS... and remove NOED. Both are crutch perks. Remove them both. Solved.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Oh yeah, because the survivor complaints outweigh the killer whining.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

A perk that increases Pallet Stuns from 2 to 3 seconds is pretty decent on its own. It’s like reverse Enduring

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Well Power Struggle is never optimal even if you devote your entire build to it. Most killers aren't stupid enough to run into a palette while carrying a survivor.

I ran Flipflop/PowerStruggle/BoilOver/Unbreakable for ten games straight just to test it out. I think I only got it to work maybe twice in those ten games. It's a terrible build to use, I'd only do it for fun.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

No I just usually think you are one sided with your arguments such as people on both sides not complaining about a change like this if it was made (that doesn't mean everyone it means that people from both will complain)

People from both sides complain about everything anyway its closed minded to think that only one side would complain about this, and not both

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    edited December 2020

No...not one sided.

Just don't touch DS, and that's it. I learned to deal with it, my buddies learn how to deal with it, everyone learns how to deal with it. I'm just on the other side of the spectrum, I have my own thoughts about it. I don't post "here's why ds is bad kekw upvote me" because I learned to deal with it. It's a Meta perk for a reason and it has its own counters.

I also believe NOED is fine, even though I dislike it when it's used against me, it's perfectly fine.

So if that makes me "one sided" lol because of ONE perk that I defend, then so be it.

I just find it hilarious how some of you killers can't comprehend that we're not on the same wavelength, that we're all alike.

We're not.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

The nerf DS needs is that using DS should also use up Unbreakable, and using Unbreakable should use up DS.

New Status Effect: Deterred (I'm sure someone can come up with a better name). DS and Unbreakable are only available when you are not deterred. You become Deterred after using one or another.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

The issue isn't its stun, it's the duration that it's active for.

Literally if DS activated for 30 seconds, but went down 2x slower in a chase or on the ground it would be so much better as it wouldn't be abusable and would reward good, long chases.

Along with that buff BT so the effect activates when you are unhooked, not when you unhook someone else, and change it so stealth killers and freddy can't camp as well as they can.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Wait so your build yielded a second health state for 2 out of 10 games thats great. Imagine if you get an swf to bait the killer away long enough to enable it more consistently. That seems nasty.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465
    edited December 2020

no no no, thats not the one sided part

the one sided part is not mentioning or not thinking that people from both sides will complain

remember some survivors and killers will complain about everything all the time 24/7 until they get their way, and even then they will complain more to try and keep it

• ACasualDoorMatt
    ACasualDoorMatt Member Posts: 21

My idea of a rework would be:

Using whatever is at hand, you stab at your aggressor in an ultimate attempt to escape.

After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike will be active.

Press the Secondary Action to begin a difficult Skill Check to instantly escape the Killer's grasp and stun them for 3/4/5 seconds once per Trial.

• Succeeding or failing the Skill Check will disable Decisive Strike.
    • Successfully stunning the Killer will result in you becoming the Obsession.

Increases the odds of being the obsession.

"There's nothing to be scared of." - Laurie Strode

To make it easier to understand, rather than always triggering when picked up after being unhooked, you get to choose when you want to use it at the cost of only being able to use it once every game.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

Nice idea. The game could be balance without perk, but dbd is not an ideal game... Devs balance it with perks you need to buy. However I also suggest sometimes to addirittura broken/incapacitated status effect after use ds, that can be a good idea.

• Dreadnight
    Dreadnight Member Posts: 125

My ideal changes for DS:

• DS only trigger for 60s after being the victim of an unsafe unhook
    • DS can trigger more than one per trial
    • DS dont need skill check

(With this changes, the unsafe unhook timer should be 15s. Survivors stop with BT, DS, bodyblock combo, and they will try to play safer)

My ideal changes for BT:

• Remove the Terror Radius condition

(This perk should work against every killer that camp regardless of their terror radius)

• You're aware that this is how DS used to work, right? Minus the fact that you had to have been unhooked, this is exactly how old DS worked and honestly that version is worse than what we currently have, this included. The fact there is no time limit means a survivor can save DS for whenever they want to use it, including during the end game where they can just stun the killer as a "######### you" and escape. This is a terrible rework.

• Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 207

No, just deactivate it during EGC or if survivor touches a gen/heals/etc.

I've had games where the killer camps my first hook, eats DS and tunnels me down again. 3 second stun is not discouraging enough, sometimes even 5 seconds isn't.

• ACasualDoorMatt
    ACasualDoorMatt Member Posts: 21

True, looking back on the idea I can see how flawed it is. Also, I intended to make it so you can choose when to use it as I thought it'd make for some more interesting plays. And about the old DS, I didn't play back when the old DS was a thing so this was more or less just a similar idea. Of course, I can see this being worse than DS because this idea was intended as a nerf/rework.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Idr when but a few weeks ago or maybe a month, DS only stunned for 3s on certain killers and it was terrible. I saw people getting downed so fast after DS that I wondered what was going on. It wasn't until I used DS and could barely move before I was struck down again that I realized something was up lol

On topic, the proposed changes are too narrowing. There are many scenarios where you could tap a gen or hop into a locker during a tunnel but these actions don't signify that the tunnel has ended. I'm all in favor of narrowing the scope of DS but it needs to accomplish the often-stated goal: effective at anti-tunnel. People always discuss this perk from the perspective of The Killer, asking how can I make it fairer for them? how can it be less oppressive? how can it reduce or eliminate the potential for abuse? The balance changes are always in favor of making an already powerful, effective, and easy to do task even easier.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

I really don't think DS is as OP as people are making it out to be. What people need to remember is that it was never meant to be an anti-tunnel perk; it's a second chance perk. The devs confirmed this on one of their streams. If you see someone jump into a locker, you can just turn to another survivor, or take the DS, get it out of the way, and then chase them down. On average, you'll be DSed once a game, and it isn't as game-changing as it is frustrating, on average.

• hello_hru
    hello_hru Member Posts: 44

Easy fix - nerf DS activation time from 60 seconds to 20 seconds, and then if the survivor is downed during that 20 seconds then add an additional 40 seconds to that timer. This would ensure the perk's original purpose of combating tunnelling would still be served while countering survivors threatening DS by jumping in a locker and get rid of the incredibly unfair feeling of getting DS'd by a survivor who you haven't seen for almost a full minute who's been off doing gens and stuff and just happened to get downed and picked up mere seconds before their timer runs out. Keep the stun duration as it is, just make that change to the timer and it should be fine imo.