The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Last Survivor on the Hook SHOULD NOT Die Immediately

scumrrado
scumrrado Member Posts: 61
edited September 2018 in General Discussions

I played a game yesterday against the Nurse. My friend was hooked, right in front of the hatch. The killer camped her until she died, making me the last survivor. I was hiding in a locker right behind the hook near the hatch.

The moment the Nurse left the hatch, I darted for it. Unfortunately, she came back and caught me. I had never been hooked or even damaged the entire round. I helped light 4/5 generators. But I get hooked and die instantly because I'm the last survivor...

I understand that it's a team based game, but at that point the killer already has a huge advantage. I should at the very least be able to make attempts to get off the hook. Every other survivor had that option. Why not the last survivor? All the luck perks and offerings in the world are just thrown away.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

The last survivor dies instantly on the hook because otherwise they would hold the game hostage for another 2 minutes. Nobody wants that and i see no benefit in not skiping the hook phase. In my entire playtime the hatch has never been exactly at the position where you kobe and it has to be for your scenario.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

So you want the killer to look at you dying for 120 seconds, just because you feel like you shouldn't have died?

You actually should instantly die when being the last survivor.
    And that without going through all the stages which serves no reason anyway.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@scumrrado said:
    I played a game yesterday against the Nurse. My friend was hooked, right in front of the hatch. The killer camped her until she died, making me the last survivor. I was hiding in a locker right behind the hook near the hatch.

The moment the Nurse left the hatch, I darted for it. Unfortunately, she came back and caught me. I had never been hooked or even damaged the entire round. I helped light 4/5 generators. But I get hooked and die instantly because I'm the last survivor...

I understand that it's a team based game, but at that point the killer already has a huge advantage. I should at the very least be able to make attempts to get off the hook. Every other survivor had that option. Why not the last survivor? All the luck perks and offerings in the world are just thrown away.

its not team based considering we dont have coms in game since really its any survivor for themselves without BP why would we save people from hooks if at least 2 gens were done

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@mcNuggets said:
    So you want the killer to look at you dying for 120 seconds, just because you feel like you shouldn't have died?

i dont mind dying instantly as the last survivor if it allowed you to try and escape off the hook and if you didn't you would just die instantly and just give you all the points for struggle but it takes the point away from struggle

• mcNuggets

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@mcNuggets said:

i dont mind dying instantly as the last survivor if it allowed you to try and escape off the hook and if you didn't you would just die instantly and just give you all the points for struggle but it takes the point away from struggle

Even if you get off the hook, the killer just smacks you down another time, you don't deserve to live as last survivor on hook anyways.
    You and your team lost. The end.

• OXY
    OXY Member Posts: 68

@ThirdSealOPplzNerf said:
    So you want another chance to escape? Lol no having rng to get a free escape is stupid and can screw a killer over in 1 self unhook so no get better

I don't think you're going to like the new survivor perk "Deliverance" that's coming with the next update then...

@mcNuggets said:

You realise you can attempt to unhook twice before you start struggling right?

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@mcNuggets said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@mcNuggets said:

Even if you get off the hook, the killer just smacks you down another time, you don't deserve to live as last survivor on hook anyways.

not a team 4 individual survivors.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

ok whatever guys i dont care about the chance to escape i just care about the BP for struggling i miss out on

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

It does feels bad man when you haven't been hooked until the very end. At the same time having to wait probably a full minute for you to die is a bit annoying as well on the killers end. I don't see it being the full amount because you'll have to attempt to jump off the hook sometime right? Either way, it's probably ultimately a bad idea. So...just get hooked earlier! Problem solved! lol

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Instant death should still happen but the person should also get the struggle points, perhaps basing the amount on what they contributed to the game. So that the person who hid in lockers al game and did no gens, totems, helas, unhooks etc doesn't get any or little.

• mcNuggets

No and no, you shouldnt get points for struggling if you don't even get to struggle.
    You had a whole game time to farm points, if you die, your fault.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

This is something I genuinely feel should exist as well. I think that you shouldn’t be able t9 struggle. That would definitely draw out the end of the game way too much. But you should get your three attempts if you haven’t yet been hooked.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@powerbats said:
    Instant death should still happen but the person should also get the struggle points, perhaps basing the amount on what they contributed to the game. So that the person who hid in lockers al game and did no gens, totems, helas, unhooks etc doesn't get any or little.

no the basic amount of struggle points given for a full struggle is all i want

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@mcNuggets said:
    No and no, you shouldnt get points for struggling if you don't even get to struggle.
    You had a whole game time to farm points, if you die, your fault.

Yes and yes, just because i am the last survivor doesnt mean i dont deserve struggle points if i am not on my last hook. the only way to get survival points is 1) getting off a killers shoulder 2) healing yourself (it should give survival points for Self care skillchecks not alruism, 3) give me my dang struggle points or you die.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    scumrrado said:

Please dont nerf freddy more. Hooking the last survour is literally the only way he can gurrante a kill without a survivour jumping off and freddy having to dream transition them again. 
  • Grimzy
    Grimzy Member Posts: 219

@mcNuggets said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@mcNuggets said:

They are changing it so when you unhook yourself the killer cant damage you until you get full control of your character. plus there will be a perk that gives you a unhook.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Sitting in a match for two extra minutes because a survivor wants that juicy 800 points is just ridiculous. It should stay the way it is.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    Sitting in a match for two extra minutes because a survivor wants that juicy 800 points is just ridiculous. It should stay the way it is.

I don't have an issue with the instant death per se but not getting any struggle points sucks. It should be awarded based upon their contributions to the match progress. They get a base amount say 200 then get upwards of 1k struggle points depending on contributions.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

Being forced to stand around for up to 2 minutes when the game is basically over is an absurdly stupid idea. Unhooking yourself in this situation would also be a terrible idea as being the last one left gives the Killer no reason at all to leave. Meaning you're just going to get hit immediately.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Simple solution: remove the hatch. You'll never find yourself again in a situation like this one. Guaranteed!
  • CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

@Tsulan said:
    Simple solution: remove the hatch. You'll never find yourself again in a situation like this one. Guaranteed!

Yeah great idea.. so if one or two of your teammates get destroyed or tunneled on early.. you no longer have a reason to play anymore and can DC.. I like it

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

It makes sense actually, but I'd love to see something like a bonus Xk survival points for being the survivor that lasted longer.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    powerbats said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

I don't have an issue with the instant death per se but not getting any struggle points sucks. It should be awarded based upon their contributions to the match progress. They get a base amount say 200 then get upwards of 1k struggle points depending on contributions.

That would be a better alternative.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@CornChip said:

@Tsulan said:

Yeah great idea.. so if one or two of your teammates get destroyed or tunneled on early.. you no longer have a reason to play anymore and can DC.. I like it

You are right! Handing out free undeserved escapes is so much better! I´ll never forget those guys that escaped through the hatch with 11.000 BPs they sure did a lot with those whooping 4.000 points they earned before the hatch.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@scumrrado said:

The only problem here is that even if you were to get yourself off the hook you would immediately be hit and knocked down again. It would be redundant. Now I do think you should still get the struggle points even though you don't get the chance to struggle. I mean I'd hate to (on either side) have to struggle for ages on a hook knowing i cannot escape and would hate to wait ages while they struggled knowing they cannot escape.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    scumrrado said:

It doesnt matter that's why, no borrowed time, no control, just get smacked back down. It doesn't matter. With the update amd controlling your character now maybe, but chances are super slim and only freddy can be screwed over by that.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    scumrrado said:

Thanks for the constructive responses everyone! :chuffed:

I think I need to clarify: I wasn't asking to have the same timely hook experience as everyone else. I don't think anyone wants to wait for the last survivor to slowly struggle until they die. That's a waste of time.

I was asking for the equal opportunity to do my attempts to get off the hook, using whatever luck/odds I have stacked into the match. If the last survivor was not hooked for the entire match, regardless of if their teammates escaped or died, they should have the chance to attempt to get off the hook themselves. If they fail those attempts, they can die instantly because struggling is useless. If they succeed, they should still have a chance to flee. Sometimes, the exit is within a few meters and escape in such a situation is totally possible. It just doesn't seem fair that all other survivors can attempt to escape the hook on their own except for the final survivor, who according to the rules of horror should have the best odds of living! ;)

I see what you mean, interesting point. Also questionable due to autodidact being out soon.
  • SpiderTash
    SpiderTash Member Posts: 26

With Adam Francis and his Deliverance you can have a 100% unhook waiting that you never get to use. I just had a game like that, he hooked me right at the trapdoor and walked off. I should have been able to unhook and escape, that on top of missing out on the struggle points. They can make it so if you do not try and escape within a couple of seconds, you die instantly and no points. If you try and escape all the tries available and fail, you die instantly and get your full struggle points. That gives the survivor the full opportunities they should have, but keeps the game from extending too long for the killers waiting.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

All that's gonna happen is you get smacked as soon as you get yourself off the hook, put back on the hook, then struggle for a minute. It's a waste of time, just die.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

I'm not a fan of it being a thing normally, but if someone has Deliverance activated, they should be able to make use of it if they are the last survivor hooked. Otherwise, eh.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@scumrrado said:

So what? You want to hold the killer hostage for additional 2 minutes?
    Your not gonna escape anyway, ofc the nurse would wait in front of you for the kobe if that was a thing.

Killer hude advantage, mhm k bro :lol:

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354
    edited October 2018
    scumrrado said:

It doesnt matter that's why, no borrowed time, no control, just get smacked back down. It doesn't matter. With the update amd controlling your character now maybe, but chances are super slim and only freddy can be screwed over by that.
    Sound like all of the killer talking here are watching the last person on the hook die. XD
    I personally never camp or tunnel cause I don't feel like I need to do that and that it is an awful behavior that cuts out the fun and challenge of this game.

I think it wouldn't hurt to give the last survivor the same chances and points the others had. And I'd probably let them escape too if it was the same low 4% chance.

Why not, no need to always get the 4 dead on hook.
  • Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I totally agree with you @scumrrado . I was going to propose a compromise in which you die instantly once you get to phase 2 but still get to attempt escape, but I see you addressed that in your follow-up post. For all those saying that it would be boring for the killer to have to wait, the killer would only wait like 5-10 seconds longer in this scenario. Besides, when I play killer, I don't just stand there waiting for the last survivor to die. That's a waste of time. I walk off, and see if there are any generators or pallets that need breaking nearby while I wait for the animations to play out. That way, I entertain myself, plus I potentially get a few hundred extra BPs. So a) It's not true that the killer has to just stand there waiting while they die, and b) It's also not true that the person will just get instantly downed again.

However, I don't think that the last survivor should be able to struggle. It's 800 bloodpoints, which isn't that much, and certainly is not enough to make up for the killer having to wait 60 seconds while you farm points. And I don't think they should get struggle points automatically, either. It doesn't make sense to get points for something you didn't do, for starters, and making it into some kind of "last survivor" bonus doesn't make sense either - it's not like you just fly onto the hook as soon as your last teammate dies, you're hooked because you got outplayed in the endgame.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Fibijean said:
    I totally agree with you @scumrrado . I was going to propose a compromise in which you die instantly once you get to phase 2 but still get to attempt escape, but I see you addressed that in your follow-up post. For all those saying that it would be boring for the killer to have to wait, the killer would only wait like 5-10 seconds longer in this scenario. Besides, when I play killer, I don't just stand there waiting for the last survivor to die. That's a waste of time. I walk off, and see if there are any generators or pallets that need breaking nearby while I wait for the animations to play out. That way, I entertain myself, plus I potentially get a few hundred extra BPs. So a) It's not true that the killer has to just stand there waiting while they die, and b) It's also not true that the person will just get instantly downed again.

However, I don't think that the last survivor should be able to struggle. It's 800 bloodpoints, which isn't that much, and certainly is not enough to make up for the killer having to wait 60 seconds while you farm points. And I don't think they should get struggle points automatically, either. It doesn't make sense to get points for something you didn't do, for starters, and making it into some kind of "last survivor" bonus doesn't make sense either - it's not like you just fly onto the hook as soon as your last teammate dies, you're hooked because you got outplayed in the endgame.

If the Survivor doesn't attempt to get off the hook, that's an additional minute of doing nothing for the Killer. If they have the chance to struggle and do so, two minutes. All for no chance of actually escaping.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

it should give you 15 seconds to try jumping off (IF YOU NEVER HAVE BEEN HOOKED) especially if you have deliverance. As being last means you did better but you get punished for it. Either way, if you’re in struggle or just sit there, it should insta kill you.

• Fibijean

@Orion True, but what survivor wouldn't try to escape? The only reason people don't do it every time they're hooked is that they have a better chance of living if they wait for a teammate. I suppose they could just not try to escape to spite the killer, but in that case as I said, the killer doesn't have to stay and watch, they can patrol the map and try to get last-minute bloodpoints. Besides, 60 seconds isn't the end of the world. I think the survivor having the chance to escape (because why shouldn't they get the same opportunity to get that 4% that their teammates had, if they were good enough to not get hooked the entire game) is more important than the possibility of the killer being "bored". And if 60 seconds is that important to you, you can always save time by dc'ing.

Also, to address your other point - I already said that I don't think they should be able to struggle. Just have the chance to attempt an escape.

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

If you did not die straight away, you would have got camped anyway. So either way you are not getting another free escape, take your loss and move on.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Fibijean said:
    @Orion True, but what survivor wouldn't try to escape? The only reason people don't do it every time they're hooked is that they have a better chance of living if they wait for a teammate. I suppose they could just not try to escape to spite the killer, but in that case as I said, the killer doesn't have to stay and watch, they can patrol the map and try to get last-minute bloodpoints. Besides, 60 seconds isn't the end of the world. I think the survivor having the chance to escape (because why shouldn't they get the same opportunity to get that 4% that their teammates had, if they were good enough to not get hooked the entire game) is more important than the possibility of the killer being "bored". And if 60 seconds is that important to you, you can always save time by dc'ing.

Also, to address your other point - I already said that I don't think they should be able to struggle. Just have the chance to attempt an escape.

What Survivor wouldn't try to escape? Is that a serious question? Just look at how you're acting - you think the Killer should DC if the Survivor chooses to waste the Killer's time. The toxic Survivors are always looking for new ways to troll and bully Killers.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

Yeah unless the Hatch spawned literally in the exact position you would jump off from. (I've never seen that.) Then the only scenario for escaping would be-
    -Jumps off.
    -Killer hits you when your feet are on the floor, but the game decides you are invincible so he whiffs the hit. (Which regardless of the i-frames during unhooking being fair or not to prevent farming, in this situation, its bullshit, and incredibly frustrating for a killer.)
    And you yeet the hatch.

That exact situation shouldn't happen though, kobeing and deliverance are not supposed to be used in front of a killers face.

• Jack11803

@Killigma said:
    If you did not die straight away, you would have got camped anyway. So either way you are not getting another free escape, take your loss and move on.

1) killer could mess up and swing early. 2) I want the points

• Fibijean

@Orion No, I don't think the killer should DC. I'm sorry you thought that was a serious suggestion, it was actually a sarcastic means of pointing out how ridiculous complaining about having to wait a whole entire minute is. I already told you what I think - I think that they should either suck it up and be patient, or patrol the map and see if they can find something to destroy for last-minute BPs. I only said that the killer should DC if they're like you and can't possibly wait 60 seconds for the game to end. Yes, there are toxic survivors who try to troll and bully killers. I'm not one of them, by the way. But as I said, if the survivor wants to troll the killer by making them wait 60 seconds, the joke's on them because the killer can just make use of that time to get more points for themself.

I'm trying to approach this by looking at both angles, taking into account my experience playing as both killer and survivor. You were arguing that OP's idea is a bad one because killers would have to wait extra. I'm suggesting that the wait time isn't that big a deal, and on top of that it's not likely to even be a factor, because the majority of survivors care more about escaping than they do about punishing the killer, assuming the killer hasn't provoked them by being a dick all game or something.

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

@Jack11803 said:

@Killigma said:

Mess up what? Camping the hook? Regardless if he swings early, chances of you Kobing off the hook and him not insta-downing you again are very, very slim. Also, your second point, I could care less what you want, you are not entitled to free points. If the Killer hooks all three Survivors, and then downs you, regardless of your earlier contribution, he surely is more entitled to his 4k than you hopping into a hole in the ground, just because you are last alive?

• Toecutter
    Toecutter Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2018

@scumrrado said:

The killer has a huge advantage? Try playing as killer for once and try repeating that sentence! THis game is perfectly matched if you know what you are doing be it killer or survivor. People like you need to stop whining and disconnecting because you lost your flashlight ruining the game for any decent players!

• Parity
    Parity Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2018
    NO. What needs to be fixed is killers camping hooks. They either a) Need less hooks in the match or b) Punishments against killers camping hooked survivor's. Example of this would be to reveal the killers location when in a 15 meter radius of a hooked survivor if in proximity for longer then 18 seconds. If the killer leaves the proximity they must wait 5 seconds or the affects will return. If the survivor gets unhooked all effects diminish. Also reduction of points for the killer who camps hooks. Also those whom troll; example: camping hook regardless is considered griefing,  which is a reportable offense.
  • Jack11803

@Killigma said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Killigma said:

Mess up what? Camping the hook? Regardless if he swings early, chances of you Kobing off the hook and him not insta-downing you again are very, very slim. Also, your second point, I could care less what you want, you are not entitled to free points. If the Killer hooks all three Survivors, and then downs you, regardless of your earlier contribution, he surely is more entitled to his 4k than you hopping into a hole in the ground, just because you are last alive?

I didn’t know asking to be able to use my deliverance, when I was able to survive till last, AND it USED TO ACTUALLY EXIST (not some new thing I want) is far from blind entitlement

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Parity said:
    NO. What needs to be fixed is killers camping hooks. They either a) Need less hooks in the match or b) Punishments against killers camping hooked survivor's. Example of this would be to reveal the killers location when in a 15 meter radius of a hooked survivor if in proximity for longer then 18 seconds. If the killer leaves the proximity they must wait 5 seconds or the affects will return. If the survivor gets unhooked all effects diminish. Also reduction of points for the killer who camps hooks. Also those whom troll; example: camping hook regardless is considered griefing,  which is a reportable offense.
    kindred exist
    Camp is being punished by emblems points
    Don't get caught and camping isn't an offense otherwise if its reportable even a LOT of stuff survivors so should be as well

All this without your stupid buffs like free aura vision for 5 sec etc to make it easier for you.
  • Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

Even if the last survivor was not killed right away, the killer would not leave the hook, fearing the survivor would escape the hook, so it's better if they die quickly. Of course, if it's that survivors first hook, it feels bad, but that's the way it is. What annoys me the most is that there are no struggle points awarded. It would be good if the person received some bonus bp for being the last one killed on the hook, for example.