Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

False Lunges

Hey Ya'll - I have been getting a ton of false lunges. M1 at a survivor, survivor appears in range, killer swipes to register a hit, then survivor teleports ahead and killer hits air. Nurse was unplayable. I just got done with a Hillbilly match and the same thing was happening but Hillbilly recovers from it better than Nurse.

Have yall been seeing this lately?

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yes actually, though not so drastic as what you seem to be meaning. I've been getting survivors that clearly should have been hit but that the weapon magically passes through. Not often, and definitely not comparable to Plague, but one every few trials I'll be like "hmm. That was SUPPOSED to happen, but happen it did not." And then most of the time I just hit them anyway because it rarely happens in loops.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

I guess this is hit validation screwing killers out of hits, but my internet is good. I just checked fast.com and its over 180 Mbs. What is going on today?

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

If we're talking about lunges being cut short and the game suddenly deciding that you've both hit and not hit the survivor, that happens to me regularly.

If not, the only teleporting I usually see is when I hit a survivor through a pallet, I get yeeted back several meters back from where I should be after the survivor teleports a little forward as the hit connects.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

As the popular experience tells, the worse a connection you have as the killer - the better. If you turn on VPN, connect via Wi-Fi and somehow overload your bandwidth to increase your ping, you will land hits from several meters away, especially after vaulting animations. That's just how the netcode and specifically hit validation of DbD currently works. So no surprise here that a good connection makes it harder to hit in this game.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

stop wifing, everyone

• The_Bootie_Gorgon

One of the reasons I left COD was because of all the WIFI

gamers.

• MasterGrit
    MasterGrit Member Posts: 331

Server hit validation value baby

lul

• Steel_Eyed

I think it may be something else. I checked my mouse on a test website and my left click is not having any issues.

On the other note, I am noticing that M1s are not registering even on the blood webs. That it actually cancels the perk, offering, addon that I've been picking. I think DBD is having an issue registering clicks.

• JasonS
    JasonS Member Posts: 100

Connection quality has NOTHING to do with connection speed. You could run the amount of data this game needs to send to play online with a dial up modem.

It has more to do with ping, number of dropped packets and jitter, among other things that are difficult to measure.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon

WIFI, STOP IT

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2021

I've never had this happen to me yet tbh, I don't think so anyways. I've had laggy dead hards though.

Does someone have a clip of this? I would like to see it.

• Steel_Eyed

I'm just m1ing now at start of matches. It's super bugged out and false lunging even if noones there.