10 Second Game

I just experienced the shortest game of DBD in my life.
I had just harvested one Putrid-Thingy and i heard The Shape (Michael Myers) reaching his tier one ability. I see another coming running with The Shape in tow, she takes a hit but moves on. I run in as a distraction and he goes for me. Great, i was ready to take the hit and run away.
But he just straight up catches and murders me on the spot. Not downing me, just Stab And Kill animation and i'm out.
Is he supposed to be able to do that?
It seemed a bit weird and OP imo.
He was only at the first Tier of Evil Within and he didn't have any of associated insta-kill Perks on, and the Exposed effect hadn't triggered yet.

Comments

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@Stinky said:
    I had just harvested one Putrid-Thingy and i heard The Shape (Michael Myers) reaching his tier one ability. I see another coming running with The Shape in tow, she takes a hit but moves on. I run in as a distraction and he goes for me. Great, i was ready to take the hit and run away.
    But he just straight up catches and murders me on the spot. Not downing me, just Stab And Kill animation and i'm out.
    He was only at the first Tier of Evil Within and he didn't have any of associated insta-kill Perks on, and the Exposed effect hadn't triggered yet.

There is an add-on that allows him to kill survivors without downing them, but that's only at Tier III Evil Within.

The timing doesn't make sense though. There is no normal way to get EWIII so quickly, unless all 4 survivors are together when he's stalking, and his other add-on was one where it feeds evil faster.

• Stinky
    Stinky Member Posts: 45

Exactly. It seemed pretty out of place that early in the game.
    Could it be a bug?

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@Stinky said:
    Exactly. It seemed pretty out of place that early in the game.
    Could it be a bug?

Yeah, it's either a bug or a cheat. Both Tombstone add-ons greatly increase how long it takes to get to EW III.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Stinky said:

You probably say ten seconds but it wasn't ten seconds if someone let him stalk and the time frame is under a minute yeah it is absolutely possible with a tombstone piece. I don't  believe it was literally ten seconds. But this is possible, it's called tombstone or tombstone piece.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Stinky said:

You got a video?

There is no way to mori after 10 seconds, that would have been a cheater then

• jus_Ignant
    jus_Ignant Member Posts: 124
    edited October 2018

I've never been able to complete a kill in 10 seconds but I have gotten to EW3 extremely fast while using Judiths Tombstone.

It can happen really quickly if oblivious survivors just let you stalk them. Think it takes 2 fully stalked survivors and a little of a 3rd.

Also if he was Tier 3 the other survivor wouldn't have been able to move on after being hit.
    So unless he hit them, and stalked you some more to get to EW 3, somethings off.

Been awhile (few months) though so the #s might be off since after a couple minutes I close my killer lobby and play survivor instead.

• chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355

Did he have his EW3? With tombstone addon he can execute you. Otherwise, he was just hacking. Anyway you may be wrong with those 10s gameplay... Do you have a video as a proof?

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    I'm positive 10 seconds is an exaggeration. But without screenshots I'm thinking it went something like this: you hear EW 2 killer has an add on that increases stalking speed. You don't know what happened during the chase, he probably stalked the victim a good bit. He runs to you, you take a hit, and he stalks you a bit more to 99%. He catches up and boom.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

The fact that you harvested a plant and moved around the map means it was longer then 10 seconds. Maybe it was 45 seconds to a minute? I bet 100% that what happened was he walked over. Found 3 survivors all eating the same plant. Held down M2. They didn't care. They just wanted to fight over the flower. And he fed off of them extremely hard till he was almost T3. You came around the corner he pressed M2 and instant killed you.

• Stinky
    Stinky Member Posts: 45
    edited October 2018

Thanks for the input. 10 seconds was a exaggeration. The timespan would be "the time it takes to harvest one Putrid spore plant from start to end". He didn't use Judith's Tombstone, i checked and I know I didn't get hit.
    Edit: I sadly don't have video of it, i'm not in the habit of rercording my sessions. I'm not that PO'd about it, just thought it was weird and felt out of place.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

It's fine. There was no foul play, just a survivor with limited experience against a Myers.

So now you know, MM has very versatile play styles and this is a reason you should never mess with a MM at the exit gate.

• Samwise
    Samwise Member Posts: 36

@CoolAKn said:

@Stinky said:

There is an add-on that allows him to kill survivors without downing them, but that's only at Tier III Evil Within.

The timing doesn't make sense though. There is no normal way to get EWIII so quickly, unless all 4 survivors are together when he's stalking, and his other add-on was one where it feeds evil faster.

Even if all 4 survivors are together he no longer gets bonus stalk for more then one survivor that was nerfed quite a while back.