The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Regarding bloodpoint offerings.

One thing has always stood out to me regarding the bloodpoint offerings and that has to do with the rarity of them when compared to others. For instance, a rare killer offering like the 'Ardent Wreaths' grant 100% more bloodpoints in a single category while the survivor pudding is a lower rarity but grants 100% more bloodpoints in all categories, or as another example the hollow shell grants 25% more bloodpoints in each category which in a way can tie up or be better than the Ardent Wreaths. Survivors have the same general idea with their bloodpoint offerings as well, just different names obviously.

My question here is, why are the survivor pudding, hollow shell, escape cake and sealed envelope all uncommon offerings when both the survivor pudding and escape cake offerings are better than the hollow shell and sealed envelope offerings and why are they of a lower rarity than the rare bloodpoint offerings as well? These are clearly the superior bloodpoint offerings but they're of a lower rarity, is there a specific reason for this?

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

They got implemented as special items for the game first anniversary. They were supposed to go, overall, but people liked them and they decided to let them to stay, basically.
    The rare offerings are older and an artefact of the old meta, the new "uncommon" ones are more recent and most likely a bonus for people to farm faster now.
    They didn't increase/lower rarities because they judged the BP gain to be sufficient for now I presume.

• Absolute_Zero
    Absolute_Zero Member Posts: 56

The bloody party streamers used to be common (brown) at their release. i miss those times, 4+ streamers per bloodweb were nice :'(