To all the brain-dead autopiloting survivors

What is your rationale for saving someone off of the hook immediately after they get hooked? You do realize you have like 20 seconds before they even hit phase 2, right? What could possibly be your rationale behind getting someone off the hook so quickly that the killer doesn't even have enough time to go somewhere else, and instead they just come back around to get the easy sacrifice on the person you just "saved".

I'm amazed at the level of play this just continues to happen in its like some innate lemming mentality to just immediately act without thinking of 3+ variables. It is a free game though, so not exactly sure what to expect. Anyway feel free to provide useless input like "git gud" but I'd really like to hear one of these minion's thought processes.

Comments

• nssBoB
    nssBoB Member Posts: 15

so they can shout "TUNNELER!!!!! SDF/gDFQWDqd" in end chat? I always make a point when i get stupidly unhooked and redowned because of it to stay until the game is over and my fellow survivors start insulting the killer to say: hey morons not his fault you unhooked me like bunch of lemmings.

• ofchickens
    ofchickens Member Posts: 2

I think most people just do it to get bloodpoints / emblem points for the unhook, and maybe they have a daily quest to unhook 4 ppl.

Behavior has tried to reduce this by giving more points for a "safe" unhook and that Deliverance perk encourages "safe" unhooks as well. But sadly some ppl just want points.

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544

If i remember correctly the person who performed the unsafe unhook action loses bloodpoints and gets a lower emblem result if the person who was hooked gets downed or hit immediately after getting unhooked.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

They're just farming for bloodpoints. IMO, it needs to be changed so that you ONLY get bloodpoints for unhooking if it's a safe rescue. Otherwise people are just going to keep farming hooked survivors, no matter how many bonus points they could get for safe rescues. (Also it's not a free game? It's $20? I'm not sure what you're talking about there. It was only free to download for one weekend on steam.)

• Sel
    Sel Member Posts: 92

Eh, usually it's just people who wanna farm their fellow survivors, but sometimes if you do it all sneaky like, crouching behind the killer as they hook etc, then it can work pretty well as killers I go against don't seem to notice it too often. Not really my thing though, not all that efficient at sneaking directly behind a killer and whatnot.

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    I've messaged these players many times already and the response is always "oops sorry lol"

I'm starting to become convinced that they do it so the killer using BBQ, will ignore their SWF buddy a few feet away.

I usually play solo or in a duo with my brother and we try to help everyone. We even go out of our way to let the killer hit us to try to deter the killer from tunneling.

######### like this is exactly why I like killers more than survivors. Especially when killers notice that ######### and kill the ######### doing it to his teamates.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Points.

Lack of understanding that they can wait, do gens, and pressure the killer to leave. If they've even left some gens for that.

It doesn't matter how much health, 2nd hook isn2nd hook, or sacrifice. 

Extreme altruism. 

Maybe revenge, or to screw someone over. I doubt names get remembered that long, though.
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    *reads title* oh hey, that’s me!
  • Oblitiry
    *reads title* oh hey, that’s me!
    Wanna have a contest? XD
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    20? A Hook stage takes 60 seconds.
  • ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403

As a person who tends to get farmed by potato teammates, this is the most frustrating thing. When you play killer, please keep in mind that most survivors are not going to be okay with being unhooked right away, especially without BT. Getting tunneled is so frustrating in those instances, because the person who should really be punished (the unhooker) usually gets away with it. I know it's not the killers fault that someone got farmed, but it's not the unhooked person's fault, either. I just wish more killers would go after the savior instead.

When I play killer, I will usually down the hooked person again to make sure the farmer doesn't get their safe unhook points/emblem. Then I'll leave them on the ground to get picked up while I hunt down the unhooker. It's so frustrating to be in the position of the person getting unhooked, I try to keep that in mind as often as possible.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    When I see someone do that, I'll usually down the unhooked prrson but chase down the unhooker. Buys me a bit of extra time as they have to heal their friend but doesn't ruin it for the farmed survivor. Generally tunnel the farmer after that too
  • TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Some people think Borrowed Time is way more powerful than it actually is.
    Some people also really want WGLF stacks.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited October 2018

@2BadWaluigiTime said:
    What is your rationale for saving someone off of the hook immediately after they get hooked? You do realize you have like 20 seconds before they even hit phase 2, right? What could possibly be your rationale behind getting someone off the hook so quickly

Because if they don't another survivor are going to get the free "altruism" point.

Like I've been saying since the game as been release, if you didn't give large amount of point for an unhook only swf people would try to help their survive with friend buddy but if you give point for unhook people will tard rush to the hook to get the point.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

@2BadWaluigiTime said:
    You do realize you have like 20 seconds before they even hit phase 2, right?

When did they change it to 20 seconds?

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    I do it so they get salty and post about it in the forums.

Must be working.
  • jwentzel987
    jwentzel987 Member Posts: 150
    It's about as useful as the fucktards who think it's a brilliant idea to immediately heal a survivor after unhooking them when the killer is right there. 
  • MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

@2BadWaluigiTime said:
    What is your rationale for saving someone off of the hook immediately after they get hooked? You do realize you have like 20 seconds before they even hit phase 2, right? What could possibly be your rationale behind getting someone off the hook so quickly that the killer doesn't even have enough time to go somewhere else, and instead they just come back around to get the easy sacrifice on the person you just "saved".

I'm amazed at the level of play this just continues to happen in its like some innate lemming mentality to just immediately act without thinking of 3+ variables. It is a free game though, so not exactly sure what to expect. Anyway feel free to provide useless input like "git gud" but I'd really like to hear one of these minion's thought processes.

They probably get exited because they have Borrowed Time so they try getting it to actually work. If they don't have borrowed time, its usually in a SWF group and the survivor tells his friends, "Watch this" and you end up dying.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Oblitiry said:
    I've messaged these players many times already and the response is always "oops sorry lol"

I'm starting to become convinced that they do it so the killer using BBQ, will ignore their SWF buddy a few feet away.

I usually play solo or in a duo with my brother and we try to help everyone. We even go out of our way to let the killer hit us to try to deter the killer from tunneling.

### like this is exactly why I like killers more than survivors. Especially when killers notice that ######### and kill the [BAD WORD] doing it to his teamates.

Pretty sure he meant PS+ kind of free

• Oblitiry
    @Milo said:

@Oblitiry said:

######### like this is exactly why I like killers more than survivors. Especially when killers notice that ######### and kill the [BAD WORD] doing it to his teamates.

Wrong topic?
  • Milo
    Oblitiry said:
    @Milo said:

@Oblitiry said:

######### like this is exactly why I like killers more than survivors. Especially when killers notice that ######### and kill the [BAD WORD] doing it to his teamates.

Wrong topic?
    Idk why i pinned you sorry
    It was for @ACEvHEARTS
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    It's about as useful as the fucktards who think it's a brilliant idea to immediately heal a survivor after unhooking them when the killer is right there. 
    When I am LF camping, this is amazing! 

And I camp HARD!!!
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Just hold the run key. It'll deny the healing, letting you escape.
  • HuN7r3sS
    HuN7r3sS Member Posts: 211
    This is why my piggy runs Make Your Choice, punish the thirtsy altruism!
  • jwentzel987
    jwentzel987 Member Posts: 150
    Peasant said:
    Just hold the run key. It'll deny the healing, letting you escape.
    O I know. It's just plain moronic that they even try it
  • ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403
    Milo said:
    Oblitiry said:
    @Milo said:

Wrong topic?
    It was for @ACEvHEARTS
    I don’t think your response was meant for me either. 
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@nssBoB said:
    so they can shout "TUNNELER!!!!! SDF/gDFQWDqd" in end chat? I always make a point when i get stupidly unhooked and redowned because of it to stay until the game is over and my fellow survivors start insulting the killer to say: hey morons not his fault you unhooked me like bunch of lemmings.

Excuse me sir but if someone tossed me onto a meat hook I'd be pretty upset with them already, but if they had the audacity to do it a second time well let me tell you they are getting a piece of my mind!

I consider myself a man of culture and of civilized discussion but to you I offer only fisticuffs!

• Milo
    edited October 2018

@ACEvHEARTS said:
    Milo said:

Oblitiry said:

@Milo said:

Wrong topic?

It was for @ACEvHEARTS

I don’t think your response was meant for me either. 

Oh Jesus Christ im autopiloting rn.... @Fibijean it was for him ...