The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ruin Undying isn't boring

TwistedJoke65
TwistedJoke65 Member Posts: 316
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

For reference I am a killer main, rank 1 yada yada, but recently I've been playing survivor a lot more (cause killer is hard and stressful af) and I actually enjoy going against ruin undying killers. The main reason I never really played surv was cause all you had to do was hold a button and sit. With ruin undying I actually have something else to do.

And it only works if the killer is good. If the killer spends all his time chasing or tunneling one person they aren't getting any use out of R/U cause they have no pressure. So when I lose to that, I know it was just cause the killer knew what they were doing.

Survivors have been asking for another objective for years and we finally got one. Now y'all complain.

Yeesh

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Much preferred corrupt pop as it wasn’t luck based whether the killer won or not

• TwistedJoke65
    TwistedJoke65 Member Posts: 316

I'm just pointing out something that I learned. I rarely use r/u cause I don't have undying on all killers. I'm not trying to change your minds I'm just trying to point something out to them. It's up to them to realize tho

• MrGrizzly
    MrGrizzly Member Posts: 143

Ah yes, now with ruin undying I have to hold M1 alot more, because my totem luck sucks, even if I try to locate both totems, my teammate always cleanses before I find the second one, and my location is revealed..

You can like it or not, it's not fun for me and will never be until a change. But I'd rather have r/u as survivor than have a full survivor team with ds/ub.

Because you CAN counter it, but ds/ub? You slug or you eat the DS, what's better is situational.

• Ruin and undying can be brutal; but It's the fact it makes them easy to defend not the "undying" part that proves to be problematic. Since you can push them off it and cleansing resets; so breaking a ton of totems can be extremely difficult and overwhelming; especially if the killer has a lot of mobility like a Billy or someone, then not only is it difficult it's probably an instant down.

However I feel undying is also really needed in the meta, I mean new ruin was great but it was pure luck if it survived longer than 60 seconds, undying makes it actually a solid viable play.

Honestly I think they should swap Thrill of the Hunt's and Undying's effects, it would give a big buff to thrill of the hunt, and a slight nerf to undying while keeping its primary purpose in tact.

Also, it's not like you have to break EVERY totem, in a lot of games I find undying and ruin are both gone by around 3 totems usually, as it's a 50/50 chance you'll get undying first try, and then after that if you are in a SWF it's not even a 50/50 next time.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    edited January 2021

Yea it isn't boring if you're in a swf. Not fun in solo q when 90% of the matches have it. Hopefully you also don't think DS/Unbreakable is boring?

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Survivors can counter Ruin/Undying if they too replace their precious perk slot for an anti totem build.

The real reason survivors complain is because they refuse to give up a perk slot for something they consider “unfun”

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

Yes, survs ask for another objective instead of gens, not added to gens. Killers are overpowered, the only possibility survs have to escape is finish gens as soon as possible. A 20 min match is 4k 100% of times. And now they added a new objective and let killers see you’re aura when doing it, with a 75% kill rate before it.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2021

I don't think the problem is that they don't want to do the totems, it's that if they try and do the totem an angry chainsaw man comes running screaming at them the second they do- because their aura is revealed as soon as they so much as start approaching it.

The result is they just try and rush gens super hard to plow through it, putting even less effort into totems than they normally might have.

• "The only possibility survivors have to win is to win the game" is basically what you just said.

So I mean, sure, you're 100% right about that! They do have to complete their entire primary objective to win the game! Fun side note, the only way as killer can kill everyone is if they kill everyone!

• Trashmaster
    Trashmaster Member Posts: 357

Hex perks in general are boring as hell, and in the case of ruin people often just hop from gen to gen until they happen to run into a hex totem. Basically it adds nothing but a minor annoyance for good survivors, and a reason not to do anything useful for bad survivors

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Not a boring combo.

Unfortunate as it becomes 2 early empty perk slots for killers when survivors actually play smart at the start of the match.

• Babatom
    Babatom Member Posts: 23

When survivors ask for another objective they don't mean one that requires voice coms to be provided with any information about how close to finishing it they are. As someone who doesn't play in 4 stacks, Ruin Undying is horrible to go against. 4 survivors separately checking all the hidden crooks in an entire map with no knowledge of where others have destroyed totems or how many are left isn't just boring but miserable.

Also as someone who doesn't use second chance perks because I've listened to killers explain how horrible they are, it's sad to see how the tone suddenly changes when second, third and sometimes fourth chance Ruin is added to their toolkit.

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231

What's also fun is running chaser perks as a killer and still getting all my stacks and a 2k minimum. :) Stressful role btw.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

If the killer is pressuring totems, they aren't pressuring gens. You guys keep using this logic and it's broken because of that fact alone.

I haven't seen literally one time where I've lost to a ruin/undying killer BECAUSE they had ruin/undying. It's always mine or a team mate's own screw up. Survivors don't get to whine about boring meta builds that killers use when they've been using the same busted meta builds, which are boring for killers, for the last almost 5 years.

• Trashmaster

If the killer is pressuring totems they're likely pressuring gens as well, thanks to the fact that 3/5 totems are right next to generators. One of the worst changes to the game ever in my opinion

• JimbusCrimbus
    edited January 2021

There's only one killer. It's impossible to be pressuring every gen and every totem at the same time. Stop trying to come up with excuses why you're losing to ruin/undying killers. The problem is your inability to adapt. Not the build. Get better.

• Trashmaster

It seems that you don't understand the very basics of playing killer. Pressuring all generators is literally a waste of time, even mobile killers should be focusing on the generators that matter.

The generator in the corner of the map with nothing but survivor friendly map tiles nearby is better left alone, unless a key is in the game it's basically a trap.

However the generator with an another generator or a hex totem (possibly both) nearby is quite valuable and should be at least watched whenever possible.

• JimbusCrimbus

I've been playing killer since 2016 when first down Mori's were a thing and legitimate infinites existed. Don't question my knowledge of playing killer. It's far higher than yours; and no, it's not possible to pressure every gen at the same time aside from hard slugging or a 3 gen.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,254

It is boring playing as solo against Freddy, Spirit, Nurse and Hill Billy. Against everyone else, it makes the game more enjoyable since the killer doesn't feel like they're trying super hard.

• Trashmaster

Oh yes, the amazing argument of "haha I have big brain with knowledge"

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

That argument only works if you're going against SWF. Not everyone is in SWF.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I mean do you find holding m1 fun? Nobody else does, and that's all you're doing to counter Ruin+Undying. How are survivor complaints about this perk combo not justified? It's literally just running around a map holding M1, you don't even have skillchecks on totems. If you have Detective's hunch/ a map etc you're running up to a small pink aura then holding M1, what part of that is fun to you?

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Survivors haven't been asking for another objective.

Killers have been asking for another objective for survivors.

Also if you never did totems, opened chests, etc. before Ruin Undying that's on you. It's hilarious that you're suddenly finding it more entertaining all because of a broken perk Killers have. People have been cleansing totems for years before Undying. The main difference now is the killer can see them doing it and kick their ass.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

It's not boring, it's just deeply frustrating because the effect is so punishing for very little effort on the killers side and there's no right way to deal with it.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

How is Ruin+Undying luck based though? The effect may be too strong, but it only works if the killer is pressuring gens.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

There’s nothing wrong with breaking totems. It’s been in the game forever, Ruin/Undying is just an excuse for survivors to not replace perk slots, just like noed.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Boring is subjective. I find it extremely boring when playing killer, that's why I don't use it anymore.

As survivor, I don't care too much, except for the aura reading. That has to go.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Totem spawns can be bad or good. Does undying spawn next to survivors or in the corner of the map? Does ruin spawn 4 times extra? Corrupt pop was much more consistent bar the very occasional bad corrupt spawn

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981
    edited January 2021

Ruin and undying are the perfect fix for extreme gen speed. It gives a side objective and reduces gen speed without making the survivor hold M1 on a gen forever. If I were a dev, I would make this combo base kit already and balance the game around it.

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 324

Ruin/ undying is fine for me, it's high risk high reward but only if the killer plays it correctly. Loads of players seem to think you slap on ruin/ undying and you will win regardless of how you play, those perks aren't that strong you know...

As killer you need to pressure gens consistently and keep an eye on your totems. That aura reveal only lasts 6 seconds and when you have your back to them you will miss it completely. Yes, I do other things as killer not only camp the middle of the map waiting for aura reveals. Also there is no way to know which totem actually is undying until ruin gets cleansed and relocates. You'll have to defend both totems to prevent undying going first all while pressuring the gens to actually get any value. And crap spawns might mean the totems are on opposit ends of the map which makes them undefendable.

Ruin/ undying isn't consistent which makes it fun, as killer you need to work for it. As survivor I love a good challenge, when my team gets stomped I know the killer did a great job at playing his cards right. It's a good feeling winning the ruin/ undying tug a war for both sides.

A little tip for killers; slap on thanatophobia with 4 survivors injured totem cleansing gets slowed by 20%, you're welcome.

• Halbix
    Halbix Member Posts: 42

People call it boring because they're salty

• CJCA915
    CJCA915 Member Posts: 56

I personally find Ruin and Undying boring and annoying and I don't even use it as a killer.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

The only reason I do the totems exclusively now in solo is not at all because these perks are good but because everyone is running around like a chicken with their head cut off if ruin is up. OK ruin is gone we can settle done now? Panic by daylight for this past month I swear.

• DuckDust
    DuckDust Member Posts: 16

I could tell you that running DS and unbreakable is fine and that it can be countered by not tunnelling and slugging but does that make it fun to you?