Gameplay critique

I was hoping that someone could critique my gameplay I think it would make me a better player overall and getting some tips from better players would help my gameplay

Comments

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613

using noed such a noob survivor reeeeee nerf noed

• f4ipl4y
    f4ipl4y Member Posts: 12

I have noed on my survivor perks but dont tell anyone ;)

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

While waiting for my next game I watched some of the first vid. My comments:

• You were running around all over the place from the start. Only do that if you are going to efficiently do gens. You wasted some time running around the boat instead of going straight up to gen.
    • Right after you start working on the gen you stop and go to open a chest. If you're not running Plunderer (and you aren't) don't waste time like this. Either finish the gen or go for chests (and don't go for chests if you're not Plundering). Commit and don't dilly dally.
    • The chase was great but the trapper was a bit of a newb. Immediately after the chase you waste more time ducking in the tall grass instead of getting on a gen.

My 2 minutes are up took me 2 minutes to find a game. Now I'm off.

• Shirokinukatsukami

Ok I just died. Now I can comment on the rest of the vid. Hold on....

• Shirokinukatsukami
    edited January 2021

Some more things:

• I'm curious. Why do you always look down? I am never looking down I need to keep my eyes peeled for the killer all the time. Oh I get it you're looking for traps.
    • After bill got hooked you did good watching Trapper, leaving when he got close, then hiding and going back to the gen. That was perfect.
    • After that you go to the boat gen but after tapping it you leave. Were you just setting it up for Technician? Seems like a waste. He was chasing someone else at that time so you should have continued on the gen. I get that you could hear the TR but the boat is a pretty safe place to be.

Over all I think you were playing too conservatively. And I got another game. Seems my queue is about 4 minutes. See you later.

• Shirokinukatsukami

Ok I just escaped. Now to watch the rest of the vid...

• Shirokinukatsukami

Ok watching the next part...

• I think you're generally not aggressive enough doing gens. There were lots of points there where I think you wasted time standing around instead of doing a gen.
    • You lose your cool too quickly when stealthing. At the shack I would have hid behind the doorway and not run off. If he hits me so be it. Also it's trapper expect a trap at the god palette. If he sees me and hits me then that's when I run off.

Other than that I think you did good. I think the main issue is a reluctance to commit to doing gens. You guys also lost that because your team couldnt get you off the hook fast enough, but it happens.

• f4ipl4y

Thanks for the feedback really I appreciate it and thank you :)

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 360

Your doing well on most looping, keep playing without exhaustion perks so you dont rely on them later on.

Alot of the mistakes are coming down to teammate misplays. like why did the meb throw god pallet. meb things i guess.

I find more enjoyment out of getting better at running the killer than escaping, just make sure your constantly doing something and not stealthing. It's kinda boring for both sides.

If your running the killer your buying your team time, if your hiding your wasting time doing nothing.

• Shirokinukatsukami

For the record I am stealth survivor. I mainly play stealth at Rank 1-4, and I don't use exhaustion perks. But I waste less time in a match than you did in that one. If you stealth pick your moments when you sneak around. For the most part you should still be running around everywhere except at the very start where that's a big risk as you haven't figured out where the killer is yet. If you know you're safe commit to a gen, even if you are taking a stealth strategy.

Still there are times when I ran for a gen first thing in the match even with a stealth loadout. Depends on where I spawn really.

• f4ipl4y

Ok, I have been trying to but some time for my teammates most of the time it works which I think is good, I dont like stealth that much but I think I should get into it more so I can do both.

• f4ipl4y

Thank you, my intention is usually but Time for the team so they can get some gens done and Iam happy it shows :)

• Shirokinukatsukami

Nah, don't be like me. Stealth is a hard road and not very rewarding. I just stealth because I love the hide and seek aspect of this game. I even stealth as killer.

You're already pretty good at looping (better than me frankly) just keep working on that. Teammates are always going to be an issue in Solo Q. You can try running "Solo SWF" builds if you think it's really bad. The SWF build I run is: Kindred, Aftercare, Blood Pact, and one free slot for whatever you want (I usually run Iron Will). This is a great build that improves your team efficiency by leaps and bounds.

• f4ipl4y

Ok alright I thought that the more I can do the better but I guess Ill leave that job for someone else

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436
    edited January 2021

Hours and Rank? If you want to get better at looping, I would recommend holding shift for the entire game.

Overall, I think you played well, although would like to see a bit more footage in chases.

• You seem to understand basic looping mechanics well, and know the basics behind running generic tiles. However, I would challenge you to start looking a little more at looping from a macro sense. For example, at the ship, you waste the two resources really quickly and don't use any of the windows there. The ship is a really strong tile, and probably one of the only safe tiles on the swamp, you should conserve those pallets - even taking a hit early game because you have a medkit.
    • Following up on the first point, know your strong tiles - you should always be trying to lead the killer to a strong tile, rather than going to the first loop you see. This requires more map knowledge and experience, but you will get there eventually. For example, at 9:53, you make a bad 360, take a hit and waste distance by running into a semi-deadzone. If trapper was good there, he could just trap the loop from the outside and you would be dead.
    • While there wasn't much of an opportunity for this except for at ~10:00 where you run into the killer, what differentiates a good and bad looper is knowing when to walk / wait at a loop. If you have enough distance, there is no reason for you to be running where you lose LOS or vaulting when you don't have to.
    • Hold W more often - if you have enough distance, run to the next loop
    • You strafe a bit inefficiently by holding A or D for a little too long - causing you to zig zag. Practice looking forward and then quickly backwards while running in a completely straight line. Will help you in the long run. I have a habit of spamming D when I run which is inefficient pathing, but I don't hold the strafe keys for as long as you do

Disclaimer: I'm trash at DBD

• f4ipl4y

I have 220 hours and my rank is 12, I thank you for your feedback and try to make use of the tips you give :)

• Paragrid
    Paragrid Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2021

Well, I do not say that I am one of the best players in this game, and that I am the smartest person around, however why do you actually look down for the biggest part of the game?! I mean, that is not good. After I finished watching the second video, honestly I started to think that you are actually having fun, and just wait for some other stupid answers. You seem to be a good player, that is why I do not understand some of those really stupid mistakes. I am right now playing a lot of poker on https://clubvip777.com/web/empire777/ , and I am always playing with a guy, that is actually the best poker player that I know. And he is doing one thing before every single game. He loses almost all of his money, and after that, he just destroys you, so he is having fun, just like you.

Post edited by Paragrid on