Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Long List of Problems With Current Gen Consoles

There are many problems that plague current gen consoles (Xbox One, PS4, Switch), that seem to never get acknowledged by the devs. I was hoping people can reply and contribute the issues they find annoying so that we can add them to a long list in hopes the devs will read it. I know they've known about the frame rate issues with status affects, since at least the Chains Of Hate chapter, as they mentioned it in a dev stream, but it's been 10 months and no change.

THESE MAY OCCUR ON OTHER PLATFORMS, THESE ARE JUST THE ONES I KNOW ABOUT ON CURRENT GEN CONSOLES

• Lery's, Midwich, and Badham Maps causing bad Frame Rate
  • Status Effects (Especially Sloppy) Casuing awful frame rate, freezing up
  • Dead Hard causing a complete freeze up for both killer and survivor
  • Having to restart the game after playing a few matches due to bad frame rate
  • Demogorgon & Pyramid Head causing frames drops
  • Random ping spikes (not due to internet, as many report this on xbox, unsure of PS4)
  • SWF bugs where you need to all restart the game
  • Laggy menu after a few matches
  • Bloodlust causing a freeze up, same as dead hard

*Please respond with your known issues and I'll add them to the list.

Comments

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

*last gen*

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

Yep, these'll take about a year for the devs to fix.

Or they'll just flat out ignore them, it's anyone's guess at this point.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited January 2021

We've tried this before and we always get the same result: nothing happens. The devs say they know about these issues but nothing ever happens, even with that gigantic 30-page thread we had a few months ago. Now that the current gen consoles have released and fixed the issues all by themselves, BHVR has one less incentive to fix last gen because they can just tell everyone to upgrade (even though both consoles are incredibly hard to get).

Also the only issue I don't remember having on PS4 before I upgraded is Badham having frame issues. Everything else I remember, which is incredibly disappointing but not very surprising. Something I'm surprised to not see is frame drops when playing Doctor or when a Survivor tries a 360. Does that mean they actually fixed those issues? They've been around for a long time.

• X_Scott
    X_Scott Member Posts: 137

I'm on Switch and sometimes when another survivor gets hooked, my character does the animation for getting hooked. It's amazing to watch. I'll be running, then I'll be flying, then hooked, then running again. I kinda like it though.