Survivor mains please speak up

onemind
onemind Member Posts: 3,089
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

I have made this post so that way the mods will see this and hopefully show it to some dev's as much as I want to put this in feed back I want everyone to see this

Now please say what you think about the past changes and updates

What things you think are busted and ideas to refreshed them

And please everyone is entitled to an opinion so dont start riots or insults but you also can't be silent

(Dont worry killer mains I will be making s thread for you too same title with killer mains)

(And if a mod or dev dose see this please don't instantly move this to feed back ik there will be possibly useful feedback but if it gets moved to feed back many people won't see this)

Post edited by onemind on

Comments

• jrinkwater
    jrinkwater Member Posts: 314

Many have spoken lol.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

"OMFG NOED IS SO BUSTED GET RID OF ITTT111111!!!!"

"You now know how to complain about Killers, you're welcome." - JoCat.

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352

I suck at the game so my opinion is redundant. I'll just stick to unfunny spirit jokes

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

Things I think we need moving forward:

NOED rework

DS rework

The key rework if that's even still happening

Reworks of certain broken add-ons for killers, eg. Iridescent Head, Scalped Top Knot, Pinky Finger etc.

And lastly what I can think of, Demogorgon and Plague desperately need help after they're done addressing Clown, Wraith, Freddy etc.

Sorry, some of these points were Killer oriented.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

It's fine the point if this is to say your thoughts from the prospective of someone who prefers survivor

• Brhoom
    Brhoom Member Posts: 241

-Undying reading ability was pure bullcrap. Also being heavily rng based ment it could be cleansed in 1 minute or it would be the last totem. It simply wasn't fair.

-The buff to open handed is great for solo palyers

-Seocnd wind buff is AMAZING! It is slowly taking over ds for me as a late anti-tunneling perk (doesn't work for early hard tunneling) and the faster healing will only make it better.

-Fixated and diversion are meh perks and their buffs will not change that for me.

DS and keys are gonna be nerfed soon, but I hope DS becomes a stronger anti-tunnleing perks against disgusting killers that go for the 3vs1 "strat"

Keys I'm not sure how would they nerf it without making them useless, hopefully they find a way of making them viable but not op.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

-Undying: thank god. It was time they made Undying useful for stacking hexes. I was tired of running around cleansing every single totem in the match bc I play SQ. I was tired of using Detective's Hunch every match bc of this Hex alone. I was tired of watching mediocre killers 4k just bc this perk bought them enough time to blow up every single resource on the map. I am still tired of reading unreasonable and unempathetic players in this forum defending this perk.

-Clown: disappointed. I was hoping they gave him tools for map control instead.

-HUD: it's a breath of fresh air.

-Other perks: Overwhelmed. I love to see that lesser-used perks are being brought more in line in terms of viability. This helps experimentation and off-meta builds.

• HeckaYeah
    HeckaYeah Member Posts: 187

We need a bigger buffer for camping and direct tunneling off hooks. Yes, I admit that sometimes, occasionally, there is a necessity of that there is no other way around it BUT when you play 15 games and 9 of those games are tunneled off hook directly or camping until second phase then insta-rehook happens it gets to be too much. The simple "they don't get as many points" doesn't cut it! There needs to be like, a three second hit buff or something because it's honestly one of the biggest turnoffs of the game.

That, and other survivors using you as bait. Very unsavory. If you can't out run I will unhook, we survive better as a team (duh). There's no need to body block me against the killer, drop a pallet on me (a nother survivor!) Or pin me up somewhere where I CLEARLY can't get out of when the killer is coming out way. That can't be address necessarily but it should be noted that it's a jerk move lol

• Melvin
    Melvin Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2021

I play both killer and survivor fairly evenly for a few thousand hours but I have to admit I’m a little concerned about the open handed buff. If I understand the update correctly, open handed now gives kindred 32m of killer aura reading? I am in favor of open handed being buffed but I think that range is kind of crazy.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,149

HUD: I like the more identifiable parts of it like being able to see which character is which player, but I hate that its at the top of the screen, vertical instead of horizontal. But we'll see.

Undying: No complaints. It'll still be used and its still good. People are just crying b/c they relied on it. A lot of killer mains mad that they didn't address UB and DS but I barely even run them in the first place. I get around playing w/o them just fine, and Im a red rank survivor going back and forth between 1 & 2. I also see a lot more killers going towards NoED which I'm 100% okay with since I deal with it regularly enough anyways its not a problem.

Clown: I think its actually a good change, better control and new strategies. I will be interested to see what people do with him.

MMR system: Cool, lets see.

Rewards for ranks : Big letdown. Getting to rank1 survivor/killer already takes a ton of time, you're already raking in tons of BP, and their reward is...more BP? Would rather have exclusive charms, outfits, be rewarded with shards, someone also mentioned like the top 1000 get some auric cells. All way more pleasing rewards than BP. And our ranks reset to 20 now so the reward is just bleh IMO.

Graphics overhaul of Gideon and Asylum: Lookin niiiice.

New animations: Meh, not much to say. Don't have issues with the current one so didn't really think this was needed but we'll see.

Overall I think its going to be a good update.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Playing in this undying meta has created some new tryhard sweat lords on both sides of the playing field the whole update will be blowing the kneecaps out of killers except Nerf to mend which is only buffing doctor and that is very unnecessary when ds and unbreakable are still giving a upwards to 4 minutes of invincibility to survivors. Why concern yourself with the mend timer at all?

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

Working MMR or a working ranking system.

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 566

Decreasing the time Second Wind heals you won't make the perk good, have the perk simply activate after you've been unhooked. Pair the perk with Dead Hard and boom, kinda ok build that's good if you're not being camped.

Iron Maiden shouldn't expose survivors, it should reveal their auras. If you're gonna make a perk that punishes people for hiding it should make it more difficult for them to hide, not encourage them to do it even harder for 30 seconds.

Afterpiece Antidote shouldn't work on survivors, but this doesn't really matter too much because The Clown will still be faster than the survivor if they both use the gas. Just doesn't seem right having a killer power that's also a survivor power.

• Chappy01
    Chappy01 Member Posts: 57
    edited January 2021

i DO want DS to be reworked so it's not mandatory on almost every build. i would like a base mechanic that makes it harder (but still possible) to tunnel and then make DS do something else.

• Rhoska
    Rhoska Member Posts: 273

I 50/50 Survivor/Killer.

Purely from the inherent difference in intensity of focus/attention/low allowance for mistakes etc quotient when playing Killer, I have zero concerns about Killers being "over buffed". The frustration Killer side, on meta-stacked Survivors, especially in SWF on voice comms, is leaps and bounds above that of what Survivors experience if a Killer runs meta-stacked perks.

Also, Survivors, as being 4 that share the same goal, whereas the Killer has to achieve it alone, just is no comparison at all.

--------------------------

Thus my only concern regarding balance and the positive experience of the game for both Survivors and Killers, is solely on as equal and "fair" matchmaking as is possible.

If the matchmaking works, the rewards/frustrations/difficulty will also be largely equal, on both sides.