The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

FAILED TO JOIN THE GAME - COMMUNITY CASES

Comments

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Still happening

• Ashen
    Ashen Member Posts: 4
    Entità said:
    Entità said:
    I fixed that bug by setting my PS4 port to NAT1 in the Connection Settings. On the Net there are many tutorials about the correct procedure, which depends on the provider.

Hmm. I have a wired connection. I still don't have NAT type 1.
    I use the LAN connection, my friend a wireless: both we have set NAT1 port.

Go to Connection Settings of your PS4 and follow che custom procedure: choose wired o wireless, select PPPoE, insert the proper username and password (they depend on your provider), then set 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as primary and secondary DNS, then select "Manual" and digit 1500 (optic fiber) or 1492 (ADSL2+) in the MTU form and lastly set "No proxy": when you verify your connection, you'll see if NAT type has changed or not.

@not_Queen I read (and used succesfully) this procedure in an Italian forum about PS4, but I hope it will fix the bug everywhere.
    Does this work for Wi-Fi?
    Changing my settings to NAT1 did NOT resolve the issue for me.
  • Ursocapitalistaa
    Ursocapitalistaa Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2018
    I AM F*CKING TIRED OF THIS BUG FIX THIS ######### 
  • Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

Player ID: https://imgur.com/a/6UaObxI

Time: since 2.2.2 release date 24/7
    I can try to join the whole day as a survivor i get stuck in the loading screen after clicking "join lobby". The game tries to connect me with a lobby and during the loading screen the red laoding entity spikes appear and in the middle are the 3 loading points and then the game cant connect me and i get stuck in an infinite loading screen and have to close the game with the task manager.
    As a killer i can open a lobby but no one else can connect with me. Same with kyf and swf. I dont know the exact words but sometimes, for a very short moment, where the three loading points appear is writting something like "failed to join lobby"

I would appreciate your efforts very much.

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

Player ID: https://imgur.com/a/6UaObxI

Time: since 2.2.2 release date 24/7
    I can try to join the whole day as a survivor i get stuck in the loading screen after clicking "join lobby". The game tries to connect me with a lobby and during the loading screen the red laoding entity spikes appear and in the middle are the 3 loading points and then the game cant connect me and i get stuck in an infinite loading screen and have to close the game with the task manager.
    As a killer i can open a lobby but no one else can connect with me. Same with kyf and swf. I dont know the exact words but sometimes, for a very short moment, where the three loading points appear is writting something like "failed to join lobby"

I would appreciate your efforts very much.

• hum
    hum Member Posts: 2

Player ID b8b572b0-a026-11e7-8614-21c435d16bf1
    Exact time 21th October 5:00(Japan Time)
    Exact times you tried to join a game again 21th October 5:00(Japan Time)

I couldn’t join the lobby again

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    I have a suggestion for some event rules you can add to the patch for the event lock out the mori and devour hope if you want to farm for vial's then instead of chasing and killing everyone just meet's up does a certain time on a flower each if they go over the killer can remove them and let them shake off at the end when the flowers are done the killer can get six hooks on event hooks if 5 flowers was used and everyone can then leave happy and with a safety pip if not then just have a good game and lastly can the bp bonus please stay for the event so survivors that have there viles can help others get theres
  • Luckystrike2778
    Luckystrike2778 Member Posts: 63

It would be nice to jump right in match after you finish one on PS4 without restarting the damn app, testing internet conn then jumping back to game or wasting 1-3 minutes of our lives waiting to be able to que up again.. Especially while an event is going on that is only x amount of days and some people work 40+ hrs a week and over half the players are toxic lil twats. End rant

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    edited October 2018

Player ID: 8d78e9f0-a55e-11e7-8bb0-2f76053e297a

Exact time the game client started to fail to join games : Unsure, noticed after the spirit update, not before.

The exact times you tried to join a game again: This question is confusing. If you mean how many "times" have I tried to log in since the issue first occurred? To numerous to count.

Or if you are referring to the "wait period" between leaving a match and being able to join another/do other things? That time is aprox: 1:30 mins - 3:30 mins

Extra info:

• I have no Auric cells, and have never bought any as of yet.

• After extensively testing the "glitch", I have discovered if you manage to "finish" a match in less than 3 minutes....the glitch does not occur for me. (This is of course, never the norm for matches in general.)

• Sometimes, the "Character information" tab is accessible while the glitch is still occurring, while other times...it is not.

• I have bought the spirit with iridescent shards. But not Adam yet.

I hope the information within will aid in solving this problem.

Post edited by ceridwen309 on
  • apparatustime
    apparatustime Member Posts: 8
    This literally happens to me everyday after every match. Can never join a match right afterwards until a stupid circle disappears after 3mins. Been like this ever since ANOTHER patch. 
  • apparatustime
    apparatustime Member Posts: 8

It would be nice to jump right in match after you finish one on PS4 without restarting the damn app, testing internet conn then jumping back to game or wasting 1-3 minutes of our lives waiting to be able to que up again.. Especially while an event is going on that is only x amount of days and some people work 40+ hrs a week and over half the players are toxic lil twats. End rant

That's how it was but devs cant stop tinkering with the game. Whatever happened to the saying "if it's not broken dont fix it?"
  • bibus96
    bibus96 Member Posts: 1

hey
    same problem happening to me since the shrine update on ps4. I can't rejoin immediately after I finished a game. It's really annoying to play like this...
    player-id: e763f916-a31f-41c5-a2cf-ea5b531dab32

• Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    This problem keeps occurring

f49320b0-5519-11e7-809a-d76cc46839a3

This problem has been persisting ever since the clown came out. I can't lie it's become a serious irritation. I know you're trying to work to deal with the problem so I'm going to just let you handle business and do what you do best
  • Spectre
    Spectre Member Posts: 13
    CLOUD ID: 443fe81-8f08-4faa-980e-1e2065024947
    -Within the last two weeks
    -Last night

-My issue is a bit different than most others'. First I'm unable to use the SWF button, when I click, it will just spin and then stop..so I'm unable to invite anyone. Two, I can't join my friends' games for the most part. I'll accept the invite, it will take me to the loading screen and just stay there, causing me to have to restart. If I can get in a friends game, I'm immediately kicked out as soon as we find a match. I haven't tried KYF but I've tried solo and that's all I'm able to play. This is very frustrating and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've tried to rebuild my database. Nothing works. And I haven't seen anyone else with this specific issue. 
  • CheeKiller95
    CheeKiller95 Member Posts: 15
  • Hathres
    Hathres Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2018
    For God's sake solve this bug I can't stand playing this anymore and have to wait 3 minutes. I played 2 matches today and by Miracle did not appear this white ball of hell check this video all here is with the problem of the video guy analyze and please solve spent my whole vacation from work trying to play without this bug and has no fix in relation To that

NOTE: WHEN DAILY IS COMPLETED THIS BUG BACK AGAIN

Vídeo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=pLmIRrnqWPM
    Post edited by Hathres on
  • infamouschimp
    infamouschimp Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2018

Player Cloud ID: 442ac170-77b8-11e7-88b7-f514f2639a3e

Had the issue for a few weeks now (Survivor and Killer).

*****However, I've now had several games which have lasted under 2 minutes and each time the bug isn't present.*****

Thought this information could prove useful to the devs.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    I think this got fixed for me. I played 4 games without any loading circle. The time it got fixed was about 2 hours ago before this post. I hope it's permanently fixed. I will update tomorrow. 
  • Hathres
    Hathres Member Posts: 3
    Yeeeeeeeesssss Fixed from me Tooooo love this game and never brigh this bug AGAIN pls. And conglulations for devs
  • Khalednazari
    I hope everyone's issue got fixed. Kindly update everyone. 
  • ZenithIV
    ZenithIV Member Posts: 4

This bug got fixed for me FINALLY AFTER AGES

• Khalednazari
    ZenithIV said:

Glad to know. Would love it if more people come forward with the good news, so we can offically declare that it got fixed for all. 
  • rebelhunter316
    rebelhunter316 Member Posts: 102
    ZenithIV said:

Glad to know. Would love it if more people come forward with the good news, so we can offically declare that it got fixed for all. 
    I have not played yet I will confirm this.
  • rebelhunter316
    I hope everyone's issue got fixed. Kindly update everyone. 
    I'll let you know when I play.
  • dennispell
    dennispell Member Posts: 5
    It got fixed for me too!
  • PacGuzi
    PacGuzi Member Posts: 7
    The issue has been fixed for me too!
  • Perico
    Perico Member Posts: 5
    Fixed here!
  • NTYourMom
    NTYourMom Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2018

@Khalednazari said:
    I think this got fixed for me. I played 4 games without any loading circle. The time it got fixed was about 2 hours ago before this post. I hope it's permanently fixed. I will update tomorrow. 

Guys, who say that it is fixed, are you playing on pc? because I still face this issue on pc even if I restarted the modem and my pc several times, so if anyone if you guys playing on pc tell me please what did you do to fix it

• rebelhunter316
    Confirm that has been fixed for me on PS4.
  • Khalednazari
    edited October 2018
    NTYourMom said:

Guys, who say that it is fixed, are you playing on pc? because I still face this issue on pc even if I restarted the modem and my pc several times, so if anyone if you guys playing on pc tell me please what did you do to fix it

Majority of the players have this issue on PS4. I think there's hardly anyone else other than you who have reported it for PC.
    As for the fix, the bug still existed as I was playing before 1:30 PM EST, but after that it suddenly stopped happening and I played like 8-9 games after that and the bug didn't occur again. My guess is that the devs fixed it.

But don't worry, we will raise your issue with the devs again to solve it for you too.
  • NTYourMom

@Khalednazari said:
    NTYourMom said:

Majority of the players have this issue on PS4. I think there's hardly anyone else other than you who have reported it for PC.
    As for the fix, the bug still existed as I was playing before 1:30 PM EST, but after that it suddenly stopped happening and I played like 8-9 games after that and the bug didn't occur again. My guess is that the devs fixed it.

But don't worry, we will raise your issue with the devs again to solve it for you too.

Thank you brother

• dpds
    dpds Member Posts: 52
    Gone on my ps4 too.
  • CheeKiller95
    CheeKiller95 Member Posts: 15
    @Khalednazari fixed for me too
  • NTYourMom

i tried on my ps4 there is no issue there but on my pc there is the issue i think still some pc servers face the issue

• Khalednazari
    edited October 2018
    NTYourMom said:

i tried on my ps4 there is no issue there but on my pc there is the issue i think still some pc servers face the issue

I will try to notify @not_Queen about the issue. But then again, she's leaving on a vacation. Let's see, I have messaged her, if she replies, I will atleast let her know. 
  • NTYourMom

@Khalednazari said:
    NTYourMom said:

I will try to notify @not_Queen about the issue. But then again, she's leaving on a vacation. Let's see, I have messaged her, if she replies, I will atleast let her know. 

thanks a lot and hopes this issue get fixed fast because the event is gonna end in around a week

• Khalednazari
    edited October 2018
    NTYourMom said:

thanks a lot and hopes this issue get fixed fast because the event is gonna end in around a week

I need to know some things. 

#1. Were you facing this issue on PS4 too? Did it get resolved?
    #2. If yes, kindly list your alphanumerical Player ID for both platforms, along with other asked information. If not, just list the details of your PC platform only along with other asked information. 
  • NTYourMom

I am not a ps4 player, so i dont know really if i had the problem before or no i just checked it now just to tell if i have there too so it is my internet issue or no

my player id for pc is in this screenshot : https://prnt.sc/l9sj2g

• Khalednazari
    edited October 2018
    NTYourMom said:

I am not a ps4 player, so i dont know really if i had the problem before or no i just checked it now just to tell if i have there too so it is my internet issue or no

my player id for pc is in this screenshot : https://prnt.sc/l9sj2g

Are you sure your issue is similar to this, where in a white loading icon appears to mid-right part of the screen after every game, and if you try to join a game while it's on, it says, 'Failed To Join The Game'? Attaching a screenshot for reference. 

• NTYourMom
    edited October 2018

yeah i have the same issue with error called save error 300 and the white symbol with red ones also appearing before getting the error
    check the 2 screenshots
    https://prnt.sc/l9uin0
    prntscr.com/l9ult6
    i think it the same issue because it started to happen since the spirit update but that what happen in pc

• Ghost1301
    Ghost1301 Member Posts: 5

@Khalednazari and everyone, good afternoon.

In my first comment, I said that I would take my PS4 to my brother's house to test his Internet, believe me ... It worked normally. So I told him to take his PS4 to my house and test ... It also did not work for him, that is, it's the Internet. I changed the modem and the problem disappeared. Thank you all for your attention and you can do the tests.

See you later

Comentário Original

@Khalednazari e a todos, boa tarde.

No meu primeiro comentário, falei que iria levar o meu PS4 na casa do meu irmão para testar a Internet dele, acreditem... Funcionou normal. Então falei pra ele levar o PS4 dele na minha casa e testar... Não deu certo pra ele tbm, ou seja, é a Internet. Troquei o modem e o problema sumiu. Agradeço a atenção de todos e se puderem façam os testes.

Até mais galera

• infamouschimp
    infamouschimp Member Posts: 13

It's fixed for me too. Happy days! :)

• Miquala
    Miquala Member Posts: 2

fixed for me aswell! Weren't expecting a fix upon until mid november, nice!

• Ashen
    Ashen Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2018
    Glitch fixed for me as well on ps4

Post edited by Ashen on
  • Rcsordas
    Rcsordas Member Posts: 2
    Fixed for me on ps4. Thanks guys 
  • Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Thanks for the fix, not happening anymore.

• Dwightfrfld
    Dwightfrfld Member Posts: 5
    It just stopped happening! Thanks
  • trendyfartknocker
    trendyfartknocker Member Posts: 76
    edited November 2018

player id: c2f40518-7247-490f-9a9a-8902b5f3167d
    exact time failed: 11:52AM UTC
    exact time try again: several times immediately thereafter

I play on PC. This happens to me on killer about 2-3 times per day. I join a match, and within 30 seconds, I see 4 disconnected survivors and the post game tally begins. Upon leaving and trying to create a new lobby, I get failed to join game. I am unable to click back to go back to the main menu or switch to survivor mode or visit the store. I CAN bring up the settings page, but that's about it. The only way I've found to get out of this scenario is to end task.

Edit: I tried to create a lobby again after posting this, and it worked WITHOUT using end task. Estimated time between failure and success was 2-3 minutes.

• HappyHater
    HappyHater Member Posts: 3

I've been getting cannot connect the online services error code 8014 pls help me I've been getting this error since 40-50 minutes .I've not encountered any issue before but this is happening I need help guys

• User123
    User123 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2019

Player ID: 1b5a5e7e-8346-4a45-acd4-1c459500fb5e
    Hello, i play on PC. I have the issue since i bought the game in december 22th.