New combo has appeared

CLB198
CLB198 Member Posts: 315

Ruin/undying may be gone but devour hope/undying is going to be so much worse

Now instead of a 1/2 drain on gens for a full game we have a guaranteed 32 second instadown and mori

With hex thrill of the hunt this goes up to 41 to 57 seconds with notifications on activation

"Out of the fryer into the flames"

Comments

• CLB198
    CLB198 Member Posts: 315

On a side note this will be most useful on Wraith, nurse, hag, Freddy, spirit, and deathslinger.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

People will probably run Undying, HEX: Devour Hope, Pop Goes The Weasel and BBQ.

Match will be pre-undying slowdown meta (minus Corrupt) until you hit 3 stacks then you get your devour-hope progress AND your pop goes the weasel gen regression more quickly via instadowns unless people stop pumping out gens to get the totems out of the way which again functions as a slowdown.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

If it is not an indoor map, both totens will probably be gone before you can get the exposed status effect, and then you will play a game with 2 perks

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

As strong as it is totems are usually easy to deal with it's just the effect on the main gameplay that was the issue for most I'd assume but to me the threat of this is kind of thrilling honestly

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406
    edited January 2021

I think you are overestimating this combo. Sure you can have success with it, but undying/devour is not better than thrill/devour and how many do run it?

The triple combo with undying/devour/thrill could be interesting, but you need 3 hooks for it to work. Obviously it will work against bad teams and you get a nice mori to end the match, but bc of the 3 hooks i think its weaker than old ruin/undying against good teams and bad killer cant use it well.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Don't worry. If enough survivors find that combo annoying, the devs will remove the transfer of stacks.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Corrupt, PGTW, Undying and Devour Hope will likely be the new "meta."

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179

Is to early to be sure of new meta. For some killer like huntress undying/ruin is good. Nurse and spirit with devour/undying in papers sound strong