Whats your thoughts on the upcoming UI changes?

Raz_
Raz_ Member Posts: 296
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

looks kinda like a mobile game... but im glad they add atleast a UI scale option since it would take a lot from the screen

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

The new information it presents is great. The placement choices are strange, and I would prefer that everything stays in the lower-third so that you can scan it easily. I dunno why they decided to move everything.

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360

I love the addition of the hook stages, but as most people feel I agree the placements are all over the place when everything looks better when it’s more together.

Honestly it would be way better if they keep it the way it already is but just add the hook stages next to the person’s portrait, and replace the portraits with the adept icons. Have it flash red if they’re injured, have it be solid red if they’re dying, and just replace with a hook icon if they’re hooked, then have the skulls if they’re dead.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

Adept Icons would def look better than the coloured ones. Lets see what happens

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

The extra info is nice.

The spaced out layout is atrocious.

The injured icons are hard to see.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

There are a lot of posts on this already. Most of us hate the new UI. Yes it looks straight out of a mobile game, it looks messy and all over the place. I also dislike the character portraits-- don't get me wrong, I like that they're adding character portraits but the ones they've shown are too colorful and look out of place. Hopefully they're just placeholders.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

More information is great. I often have troubles remembering who i hooked before.

The layout is a bit all over the place but people will get used to it in like a day. Overal love it

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Would be nice if we could unlock it and place the UI elements where we want them.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Awful. It looks horrendous, and the placement of everything is really bad compared to the current UI. It is way too bland and way less stylized.

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

It feels uninspired, and too spread out. I don't want to have to look in 4 separate places to get critical info for the match. The new UI feels like something from a mobile game.

The old UI is better because it sticks to the gritty style DBD is known for. While keeping all important info conveniently in the bottom left.

• LeleLP
    LeleLP Member Posts: 153

I don't mind it tbh. then again I'm just tired of the old one.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Sarah mentioned in the Dev Tapes that since they’re going to be adding more features in the future, the Ui layout had to be changed to accommodate them all as they arrive in-game.

I personally don’t want a entire border around my screen filled (cluttered) with icons and animations.

Not my style.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

I don't like it cluttering the screen by scattering information all over the place. It reminds me of when I was a kid just trying to fill the edge of a poster for a project to make it look like I did more than was actually there not realizing it just looks disorganized. Putting information all over the screen also takes away from any immersive feelings in the game, especially when the visuals look so out of place. I don't like that it is creating blind spots in the FOV, even if you change the size there will still be a blind spot where the information is sitting. I'm worried that it is also going to increase triggers for fps drops on console and low end pcs. I also feel like choices they have made completely ignore the colorblind community that has been very vocal asking for accessibility options - rather than take that community into consideration to avoid adding features that will further put them at a disadvantage they are replacing current features they can use with ones they cannot.

The current UI having all information neatly at the bottom not only looks better but works better for checking on information quickly while in a match. Being at the bottom it also avoids blocking anything in your FOV.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,175

Hate it. The only good thing about it is seeing which character is which player.

Besides that, everything is awful. Why is # of gens in the middle of my screen at the top? Why is the character list UI a drop down vertical list over horizontal? I see what they were going for but like so many things, the devs change what isn't needed or asked for.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

Keep everything in the bottom and give survivors an individual hook counter. A general hook counter tells us nothing.

• katapad
    katapad Member Posts: 55

I'm fine with the majority of the changes, but moving the survivors from the bottom left to the top left is gonna be a royal pain in the ass. Gens at the top is fine - it's in line with a lot of games with objectives. Would I rather have it at the bottom? Probably.

Survivors should be able to see each other's hooks - the killer should not. All that does is encourage a killer to tunnel more.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

Looks like a mobile game ui, not looking forward to it tbh hopefuly there will be a option to use new and old, I feel the writing and pictures just take up space that’s not needed, showing how many gens in the middle of the screen is distracting it’s fine being at the bottom left

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,522

Ugly, and pointless with no more information than I have now.

Killers don't get to see who has been hooked, that info is only for Survivors.

• AgentPug
    AgentPug Member Posts: 37

I find the current one very visually pleasing and I don't like how cluttered the new one looks. I really hope that we're able to select which UI we want to use that way everyone can use the one they prefer.

• The UI was designed off the assumption we have 4 eyes that can all focus on different things at once.

This confirms my theory that BHVR are actually aliens.

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598

I really don't like it

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458

badly done, and they were super exited about it but it's just too much, i feel bad for "her" she seems so proud of it but it's just bad

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

There’s just no way this was done by a professional UI designer. Looks like it was done by someone who just got into UI design, so many beginner mistakes.

• HiddenNugget
    HiddenNugget Member Posts: 32

I really like it, but I can also see why others dislike it. I think the devs should add the new features to the existing UI to save people getting frustrated with things being kind of everywhere.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Lol i thought these numbers were the amount of hookstates but it's just part of the name.

Nvm hate the new HUD

• herrik666
    herrik666 Member Posts: 191
    edited January 2021

The portraits is what I like the less, they don't match very well with the other UI elements. Everything else though, I think I can get used to eventually.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458

i didn't want to say that but yea clearly fresh out of school or something

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

The hud is really bad. They should have just kept old layout and added lallies at ppls names

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

But if the killer is memorizing the different hooks people are on and is gonna tunnel anyway, then what's the difference? It's just a quality of life update for killers is all.