Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Practical use for reducing TR during chase?

Zeus
Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

Is there any practical uses for reducing TR while in chase that anyone have figured out yet? Or is furtive and beast of prey still obsolete? I know beast of prey hides red glow but does reducing TR during chase have any use?

Comments

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

The only reason you'd want no TR during a chase, is to surprise another survivor working on a gen mid-chase, or if the one you are chasing manages to get some distance, and mistakenly thinks you dropped the chase, so you can ambush him when he stops to selfcare or something.

Other than that there's no benefit to losing the TR during chase.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

You are very optimistic thinking that the devs have planned over 2 years in advance.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

They’ve already said in the past that they have a HUGE pool of yet to be released perks.

Perks we are only seeing released recently have probably been formulated many many many months ago. Perhaps longer.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I will sit and work on a gen while watch you run around a loop.

• JasonS
    JasonS Member Posts: 100
    edited January 2021

In addition to what's been said above about ambushing other survivors by switching targets, it can sometimes mess with the survivor you are currently chasing because they use the intensity of the TR to judge distance. Shrinking your TR during chase makes that more difficult. I think people don't understand how having a small TR in chase really screws up your sense of how close the killer is.

With that said, Furtive Chase is a bad perk. A perk that does nothing at the start of the game... and then requires you to constantly switch up who you are hooking which is detrimental... to build up power over the course of the game while generators are popping all around you.... you do all this work to build up a perk that provides a benefit that is kind of useful but not super impactful.... why?

When you compare it to other similar perks that build up power over the course of the game, Devour Hope, Huntress's Lullaby, STBFL, Dying Light... hell even Fire Up and Remember Me, its just pathetic. Its a huge amount of work for a minimal payoff.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I haven't found a use for a smaller radius "during" a chase. If Furtive Chase was reversed I could see it being pretty useful but how it is right now. I don't know why they put it in here.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

You'd be surprised at how many survivors won't!

Sincerely, Bond-using Survivor Main.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

Before it got changed moving to live from ptb, I'm All Ears gave you aura reading for survivors who fast vaulted outside your TR. So we already know they thought about perks that trigger outside your terror radius.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

The only benefit for reducing your TR or going undetectable in chase is if you're consistently switching targets to catch survivors off-guard or transfer bloodlust. Needless to say both are inconsistent.

I just wish they changed the Beast of Prey from the undetectable status on killer to oblivious on the survivor and made it activate with the start of the chase. That way, the perk would be impactful and could be used by killers who don't know how to moonwalk yet.

• TheClownIsKing

I remember.

It’s another reason why I suspect future perks.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

The value in Furtive Chase is more for the switching of obsessions.

I guess if you are a killer with an already smaller TR (Myers, Hag, Slinger) then it would benefit you. It's almost like a reverse M&A.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

This, exactly this. However, compare furtive chase to devour hope.

Devour hope: 3 hooks for exposed - 5 hooks for a mori. Lose all tokens if hex is broken

Furtive chase:4 obsession hooks for a reductions of 16 meters. and you lose all tokens if the obsession dies.

Hex Devour is easier to pull off with 5 stacks compared to Furtive Chases 4 stacks and the reward is way better, and you can lose the affect of both perks. Whoever is on the design team that thought that Furtive Chase was balanced needs to reevaluate how they come to the conclusions of what is and isn't balanced.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited January 2021

instead of reducing your terror radius which is nearly a useless effect besides that situation the perk should give reward you after focusing on whoever is the obsession. Like instead after you get a certain amount of tokens say 4 or 5 whoever is the obsession is exposed but to make it more fair they only become exposed after being the obsession for 60 seconds and of course once your obsession dies you lose all tokens.

Also furtive chase was made many updates ago, if a perk with great synergy was planned for it then it would have been released by now.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

For rotation

• TheClownIsKing

I mean there is some control the killer has in keeping the Obsession alive if keeping a perk active is imperative.

Slugging is a thing.

Mans unlike Hexes, which when they’re gone they’re gone, it’s possible to have a new Obsession after one is dead, reactivating any deactivated Obsession perks.

I will agree though that Devour offers a greater reward for less work.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,197
    edited January 2021

Old freddy had this thing where he could read your aura if you were not in TR and he had an add-on called Red paint brush that reduced his 24 TR to something really small. If you had this perk at 4 stacks, he would be able read your aura across walls like pre-nerfed old freddy.

I'm pretty sure intention of this perk is to progressively become a stealth killer in the late game like ghost face himself but whoever balances these killer perks probably did not like the perk idea and gutted it to only work in a chase making entire perk almost worthless, even put a second negative that tokens disappear after Obsession is killed. Ironically, all they would need to do to make this useful is just make it reduce TR all the time and remove all tokens disappear after Obsession death like STBFL.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

No. That's why the effect doesn't make any sense.

You could think of some extremely niche scenarios but 99% of the time the answer is no.