Killer Lobbies Broken? Can't do event

Options
SasukeKun
SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

I've been trying to do my Killer event tasks but cannot because it takes about 20 minutes or LONGER to find survivors with like over 20k playing. Is this a bug?

Comments

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

Same thing for me. I played killer just fine this weekend, but now it takes forever to get a match, so completing the event will be very hard.

• Soul_Consumption
    Soul_Consumption Member Posts: 68
    Options

I don't think it's a bug. It's just way easier to gather serum vials on survivor, and now that most people are done everyone else is switching to killer, which sadly for us killers means that lobbies will remain empty for a bit longer than we'd like. Also, rank plays a part in it. I'm rank 3 and it takes about 20-30 mins for me to have any prey show.

Happy Hunting...or waiting.

• MonsieurGary
    MonsieurGary Member Posts: 31
    Options

Same here, might be a combination with broken lobbies AND rank, though I hear that even people who are in rank 15-20 are having bad killer lobbies

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    Options

@Soul_Consumption said:
    I don't think it's a bug. It's just way easier to gather serum vials on survivor, and now that most people are done everyone else is switching to killer, which sadly for us killers means that lobbies will remain empty for a bit longer than we'd like. Also, rank plays a part in it. I'm rank 3 and it takes about 20-30 mins for me to have any prey show.

me too

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

Same here. I am basically cut off from half the event.
    I won't get the 6 parts because of that.

• greenzebra64
    greenzebra64 Member Posts: 65
    Options

I can't play killer without waiting a really long time. I'm at rank 6 killer in California and I can't get a lobby. Does anyone know what time of day I should play killer for the lowest queue times?

• greenzebra64
    greenzebra64 Member Posts: 65
    Options

I think the main problem is that killers are earning a lot more points for the event than survivors. In general, they need to let survivors earn more points.

• Wolf74
    Options

@greenzebra64 said:
    I can't play killer without waiting a really long time. I'm at rank 6 killer in California and I can't get a lobby. Does anyone know what time of day I should play killer for the lowest queue times?

Doesn't matter. It is NOT about the number of players actually playing. The lobby/matchmaking for killer is broken.
    I am playing from Germany and I can't find any lobbies either.
    10-20 min waiting time.
    A lot of survivor mains try to sell this issue as "not enough survivor playing", but that is just a strawman argument, it is a technical issue.

• chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355
    Options
    11 vials left. Thinking about going friendly so I can easy farm... Playing 1 game or 2 per hour to not get a vial is more than frustating. 

This matchmaking thing is so sad, Alexa, nerf Freddy.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

At rank 15-20 lobbies are either very quick or are 5-15 minutes and when it was 10-15 it wasn't that bad in fact it was super quick. I think most of the people thought survivor would be harder based upon summer BBQ being harder for survivors.

During that event killers got their tokens super easy so this time people all went survivor side but event hen killer still had it easy. So now there's this huge population imbalance of too many killers.

• Wolf74
    edited October 2018
    Options

@powerbats said:
    So now there's this huge population imbalance of too many killers.

Can we please stop spreading that urban myth?
    There are technical issues that need to get fixed.

IF this would just be the unbalance in player playing one side, it would fix itself, because all the killer mains switched to play survivor, because we do not get any lobbies!

• powerbats
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

IF this would just be the unbalance in player playing one side, it would fix itself, because all the killer mains switched to play survivor, because we do not get any lobbies!

It's not an urban myth since if it was just technical issues it'd already have been fixed. so instead of perpetuating the urban myth that's it only a technical issue perhaps we should acknowledge that it's also a population imbalance issue.

• Vinas
    Vinas Member Posts: 3
    Options

@powerbats said:
    At rank 15-20 lobbies are either very quick or are 5-15 minutes and when it was 10-15 it wasn't that bad in fact it was super quick. I think most of the people thought survivor would be harder based upon summer BBQ being harder for survivors.

During that event killers got their tokens super easy so this time people all went survivor side but event hen killer still had it easy. So now there's this huge population imbalance of too many killers.

Rank 6 and lower ques are 20min + and if u lobby gets bugged u need to wait that again. Dont like derankin myself but how this ######### show has been organized just dont think i have any other choise.

• Mediva
    Mediva Member Posts: 124
    Options

Deranking doesnt matter. My rank is 13 as killer and i have the same waiting time

• Vinas
    Vinas Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Mediva said:
    Deranking doesnt matter. My rank is 13 as killer and i have the same waiting time

well it takes like 8h with these ques to derank my self but just dont care, high rank survivors dont do evnet anymore cuz in survivor side u get vials in oneday

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    Options

@powerbats said:

It's not an urban myth since if it was just technical issues it'd already have been fixed.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, that was nervous.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@SasukeKun said:
    I've been trying to do my Killer event tasks but cannot because it takes about 20 minutes or LONGER to find survivors with like over 20k playing. Is this a bug?

Switching both sides in a 1vs4 naturally leads to 16 times longer queue times, thats easy math.
    Then additionally there is the fact that survivors can farm vials faster than killer, so they have finished earlier.

What about all the posts " killer sided event, kilelrs have it so easy this event". Not relevant anymore? :lol:

• Master
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

You cant play a normal game anymore, the only players that are playing currently are those farming for the event.
    And ofc, switching the sides in a 1:4 game leads to higher queue times (16 times longer), that should not be hard to understand.

Its funny though how every "main" played their prefered role first, maxed it out and now wants to play the other side.

• Wolf74
    Options

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

You cant play a normal game anymore, the only players that are playing currently are those farming for the event.
    And ofc, switching the sides in a 1:4 game leads to higher queue times (16 times longer), that should not be hard to understand.

Its funny though how every "main" played their prefered role first, maxed it out and now wants to play the other side.

Can you read?? Like serious. I am a killer main and I have not maxed out my killer vials, because I CAN'T FIND LOBBIES!

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,367
    Options

@Patricia said:
    Hello everyone!
    We are aware of the lobbies issue, our team is discussing on how to improve the situation.
    At the moment I don't have any information, will keep you posted as soon as I have more info.
    Thank you for your patience.

Thank you so much for posting this. Just letting us know that you are aware and working on it goes a long way.

• Wolf74
    Options

So there IS a technical issue.^^

• Master
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Can you read?? Like serious. I am a killer main and I have not maxed out my killer vials, because I CAN'T FIND LOBBIES!

Should have done your vials while survivors were farming theirs. bad luck if you had no time in the beginning of the event^^

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,367
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

Or they just mean they forgot to allow survivors to collect from plants for blood points even after their 30 vials which caused the killer influx.

• Wolf74
    Options

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Should have done your vials while survivors were farming theirs. bad luck if you had no time in the beginning of the event^^

This is from the start of the event you ...

• Master
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Ah yeah somehow I managed to complete mine really fast.... must have been a queue hack I guess

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Ah yeah somehow I managed to complete mine really fast.... must have been a queue hack I guess

Early bird catches the worm. Unfortunately I chose to do my survivor vials first to help my struggling friends. Now i regularly have queue times of 20 mins for killer. : (

• Master
    Options

@Zarathos said:

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Early bird catches the worm. Unfortunately I chose to do my survivor vials first to help my struggling friends. Now i regularly have queue times of 20 mins for killer. : (

Didnt you just claim that this was an issue "from teh start of the event"?

Well....

• Wolf74
    Options

@Master said:

@Zarathos said:

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Didnt you just claim that this was an issue "from teh start of the event"?

Well....

That was me, brainiac.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    Options

@SasukeKun said:

what rank are you, because ranks can increase how long you are in a queue/lobby

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

@Soul_Consumption said:

It's more difficult and more time consuming, lol.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    It's really bad tonight. More so than usual. Hoping they just allow us to use more survivor vials. At this rate I'd rather get 20 more survivor vials than 10 killer.
  • MuseMagician
    MuseMagician Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2018
    Options

The only part that is going to be hard for the dev team is TwitchCon is this weekend. So it could be delayed into next week or Never before we hear anything back.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Patricia said:
    Hello everyone!
    We are aware of the lobbies issue, our team is discussing on how to improve the situation.
    At the moment I don't have any information, will keep you posted as soon as I have more info.

Are you aware of event progress being LITERALLY being impossible? Regardless of lobby times, lots of payers on os4 have their vial stock full, and can’t progress. Wanted to make sure you know

• powerbats
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

So where again did they say there was a technical issue? Oh wait they never did, they said that did they. You'd think with the quote being quite clear you wouldn't post something so blatantly untrue.

@Patricia said:
    Hello everyone!

There it is in plain lettering and nowhere does it say technical issues, this is why people tend to dismiss you so easily.

• Wolf74
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Wolf74 said:

So where again did they say there was a technical issue? Oh wait they never did, they said that did they. You'd think with the quote being quite clear you wouldn't post something so blatantly untrue.

@Patricia said:
    Hello everyone!

There it is in plain lettering and nowhere does it say technical issues, this is why people tend to dismiss you so easily.

IF it would be just the distribution, this would affect survivor also.
    And the problem would ease up when all the people that can't play killer, switch to survivor, which they already do, but it doesn't change anything.
    And most important, bugged lobbies are a pretty common bug in this game and happening basically 2/3 of all patches.

• powerbats
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

And the problem would ease up when all the people that can't play killer, switch to survivor, which they already do, but it doesn't change anything.
    And most important, bugged lobbies are a pretty common bug in this game and happening basically 2/3 of all patches.

While bugged lobbies are a thing, it wasn't this bad until everyone got their survivor side done and now that vials are obtainable on either side the issues fixed. Now lobbies pop almost instantaneously for both sides. I've even run into people on both sides who're jsut now starting to play the game and the event.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options
    powerbats said:

@Wolf74 said:

While bugged lobbies are a thing, it wasn't this bad until everyone got their survivor side done and now that vials are obtainable on either side the issues fixed. Now lobbies pop almost instantaneously for both sides. I've even run into people on both sides who're jsut now starting to play the game and the event.

Praise the entity!