Toxicity Fix

Options

If you would honor steam bans/blocks then we could simply block those that are toxic and Voila!, problem solved. No more games with that person. Survivors that don't like facecamping killers, solved. Killers that don't like toxic survivors teabagging and endless looping, solved. If you can't manage to honor steam bans/blocks, then implement your own.

Comments

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Options
    Slaymore said:

If you would honor steam bans/blocks then we could simply block those that are toxic and Voila!, problem solved. No more games with that person. Survivors that don't like facecamping killers, solved. Killers that don't like toxic survivors teabagging and endless looping, solved. If you can't manage to honor steam bans/blocks, then implement your own.

Abusable. they did it on OW guess what happened

Blocked every fairly skilled player so they just faced the unskilled one to rank up. Its to abuse in that sense. Before thinking to introduce something you MUST think "how they might abuse this?"
  • ConclaveHighOverlord
    Options

We are not talking about OW though... this game fails on the front of blocking the toxic player base by not giving an option to step out of having to play with toxic killers or survivors alike... As a killer you can opt out of playing against a previously toxic survivor but survivor side this is so much harder as you dont know who the killer is. I know people go on about hecking steam to see who your killer is... but this for me at least has failed to work sufficiently resulting in playing against toxic killers.

• Slaymore
    Slaymore Member Posts: 495
    Options

@Malakir said:
    Slaymore said:

Abusable. they did it on OW guess what happened

Blocked every fairly skilled player so they just faced the unskilled one to rank up. Its to abuse in that sense. Before thinking to introduce something you MUST think "how they might abuse this?"

Different games and the devs have only recently tried to fix the killer camping issue (we'll see if it gets abused for deranking killers or not). I have personally been harassed and steam blocked that killer - got them again. So from that point of view they should honor steam bans/blocks. There are plenty of killers and survivors with good sportsmanship to keep your games going even if you block a few.

• Malakir
    Options
    Different games but same concept
    Especially because its our nature to find easier solutions to problems, like this thread, without thinking of consequences.

In how many games when you find something abusable people actually abuse it? In every single one!! Your "its another game and devs" argument make no sense since I can make bilions of examples how people abuse the ######### out of things

Blocks few, that might be you but as said people would abuse that sht anyway. I can bring examples from Dota to metal gear saga. The same thing, I just prefered bring up an example similar! In this very game people abuse body block, windows vault, pallet loops etc that wasn't meant when they made the game in the first place but that's how people works! People abuse something if its easy to do, especially in this case: block every single good player and face only newbies. They abused it on OW as sad, what makes you think people won't abuse it here?
    Same thing for every game in history! Just look some speed run on any game
  • Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

It's dangerous the idea everybody can choose their opponent, even with the best intention ever. Some people play for fun, in a relaxed way, other people try to win or to rank with every instrument the game programming provides them with.

• Malakir
    Options
    Entità said:

It's dangerous the idea everybody can choose their opponent, even with the best intention ever. Some people play for fun, in a relaxed way, other people try to win or to rank with every instrument the game programming provides them with.

I'm surprised how you perfectly understood this but not how unrealistic is your thread in this sub forum. I genuinely don't get it
  • Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

@Malakir Are you talking about the thread about the last survivor's immediate sacrifice? I don't consider an abuse the idea that the last survivor, hooked in the first phase, could try a desperate escape, unhooking themselves like every survivor can do during the trial: if, in real life, you knew to be alone in a tremendous danger, wouldn't you try literally every option to survive? It's inside the role of the survivor this reaction, isn't it? But we are out of topic here.

• Malakir
    Options
    Entità said:

@Malakir Are you talking about the thread about the last survivor's immediate sacrifice? I don't consider an abuse the idea that the last survivor, hooked in the first phase, could try a desperate escape, unhooking themselves like every survivor can do during the trial: if, in real life, you knew to be alone in a tremendous danger, wouldn't you try literally every option to survive? It's inside the role of the survivor this reaction, isn't it? But we are out of topic here.

Y read the answer there. I didn't mean is abuse but stupid at the same way
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@Slaymore said:

lol

Killer killed me? Block.
    Killer was better than me? Block.
    Killer used a killer I don't like? Block.
    Killer used a perk I don't like? Block.
    Killer camped? Block.
    Killer did not camp, but I thought he camped? Block.
    Killer tunneled? Block.
    Killer did not tunnel, but I thought he tunneled? Block.
    Killer slugged? Block.
    Killer did not give hatch? Block.

• Parity
    Parity Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Slaymore said:

Toxic game, expect toxic players. If you're asking or saying I'm one of them, I'm admitting to it, I am indeed. 

If your play style is to camp hooks, totems, focus one player even when other survivors are body blocking oh.. you'll see me be toxic af. 

Also if you play console no need to worry about toxicity at all, they have options to prevent random players pming you. This is also the wrong forum to be posting in.
  • DarkFox85
    DarkFox85 Member Posts: 74
    Options

@Parity said:
    Toxic game, expect toxic players. If you're asking or saying I'm one of them, I'm admitting to it, I am indeed. 

If your play style is to camp hooks, totems, focus one player even when other survivors are body blocking oh.. you'll see me be toxic af. 

Also if you play console no need to worry about toxicity at all, they have options to prevent random players pming you. This is also the wrong forum to be posting in.

No.
    Wrong.
    Dead wrong.

There's no excuse for toxicity. None. As a community this should be the message.

• Parity
    Options
    Then the devs need to address the real issues. Giving survivors more buffs or killers more nerfs.

Or else we will continue. 

Killers stay op? Game will eventually die then.
  • Malakir
    Options
    Parity said:
    Then the devs need to address the real issues. Giving survivors more buffs or killers more nerfs.

Hahahaha hahahaha hah
    And your name is even parity omg
    Hahaha hahaha hah I lost it dude you are glorious! Hahaha you might even believe that hahahahah
  • Wolf74
    Options

@Parity said:

###?

Toxic behavior comes from being overconfidence.
    Survivor are to strong and dare to much, because they know they can do it without consequences.
    Killer need buffs.

• Parity
    Options
    Wolf74 said:

@Parity said:

#########?
    Toxic behavior comes from being overconfidence.
    Survivor are to strong and dare to much, because they know they can do it without consequences.
    Killer need buffs.

Reeree selfish much
  • ConclaveHighOverlord
    Options

yeesh if i dont wanna play with a player then why the heck cant i just block em and get rid of there toxic crap from games... im sick of playing against toxic killer after toxic killer or toxic survivors... i have control who i play against in killer lobbies but not survivor lobbies.... yeah killer sided as hell yet again

• Wolf74
    Options

@ConclaveHighOverlord said:
    yeesh if i dont wanna play with a player then why the heck cant i just block em and get rid of there toxic crap from games... im sick of playing against toxic killer after toxic killer or toxic survivors... i have control who i play against in killer lobbies but not survivor lobbies.... yeah killer sided as hell yet again

Stop asking for that crap, because it is way to easy to abuse.
    If you ask for that you are either stupid/naiv or you WANT to abuse it.

• ConclaveHighOverlord
    Options

I just want fair games thats all... i mean how many other games have a block system ... i can think of alot. Its not a stupid idea and im not one to abuse a block system to be better than others... im just sick of immature little fools who just want to make the game as unpleasant ass they can. In the end the game will fail because of the amount of idiots allowed to continue playing there troll games

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Slaymore said:

Yeah yeah block every good nurse such that you can have ez games.

We know where this is going to lead, thats why its not a thing

• ConclaveHighOverlord
    Options

@Master said:

@Slaymore said:

hardly any nurses around like there once was... everyone takes it as a negative idea... its not to block good players its to block the toxic crap some killers or survivors feel theneed to bring into the game.

• Master
    Options

@ConclaveHighOverlord said:

@Master said:

@Slaymore said:

hardly any nurses around like there once was... everyone takes it as a negative idea... its not to block good players its to block the toxic crap some killers or survivors feel theneed to bring into the game.

But thats how its gonna be used.
    Its never gonna happen for the same reason MLGA was removed from the whitelist and is now bannable

• Slaymore
    Options

@Master said:

@Slaymore said:

Says a salty killer. I don't mind being killed if the killer is good and plays by some level of sportsmanship - doesn't camp for example. If they go out of their way to be toxic then yes, I want to ban them. I've had threats from killers who I block on steam - this game should honor those blocks, plain and simple. Even with the poor killers if I die, I just move on to the next game. My post was about removing toxicity - if you think you're going to be banned by every survivor then maybe you should examine how you play.

• Master
    Options

@Slaymore said:

@Master said:

@Slaymore said:

Says a salty killer. I don't mind being killed if the killer is good and plays by some level of sportsmanship - doesn't camp for example. If they go out of their way to be toxic then yes, I want to ban them. I've had threats from killers who I block on steam - this game should honor those blocks, plain and simple. Even with the poor killers if I die, I just move on to the next game. My post was about removing toxicity - if you think you're going to be banned by every survivor then maybe you should examine how you play.

"says a salty killer"

With that sentence you disqualified yourself to have a proper argument.
    I know what guys like you mean when they talk about "sportsmanship"

Have fun in your own bubble, I will leave you alone now :wink:

• Slaymore
    Options

@Master said:
    Have fun in your own bubble, I will leave you alone now :wink:

No you won't - people like you feel compelled to post for no reason but to pass judgement. He was whining about blocking every good nurse instead of addressing the point. But you missed that completely - to busy trying to find way to judge others and missed the point.

• Wolf74
    Options

@Slaymore said:

@Master said:

@Slaymore said:

I can't count the number of times I was accused of camping when I did not.
    Survivor have strange perspectives of the game or just outright make things up.

Some days ago, when I was able to play killer pre event, I played Wraith and left the hook and literally circled the complete map and came back towards the hooked victim when one ran for the unhook, guess what they called it? :P

• Malakir
    Options
    Slaymore said:

@Master said:

@Slaymore said:

As said in my previous post this is abuse. Wont repeat myself in every single point I made but the point is you can't remove toxic behavior like that. People would figure out another way, instead should incentives good behavior

Ban players from your matchmaking its dumb for all the reasons I've said before. Guess what, just by saying salty killer YOU are one of those toxic players. Dont try to hide saying you get some hate mail too, everybody get that but guess what, survivors are more than killers and guess who received more hate mails? 

The idea behind is too simplistic without any thought behind. As sad in my previous post, people will always abuse the system, no matter what is it

Instead of calling people killer mains or salty killer like some sort of insult somehow, try to challenge your own idea before sharing it, you'll notice many flaws and maybe rethink about the problem as a whole. Just because you wont abuse it, even if I don't believe so, others will. You're not entitled to ban whoever hurts your feelings or challenge your ideas in a way or another, if so.. Well, Internet isn't a place for you since there will be always a troll, a toxic guy, a moron etc etc that would go against you. Especially if your idea is bad at its core