Scott puts things into perspective

Scott Jund is a really good content created and he made comparisons to show how truly little behaviour does in 3 months compared to smaller teams with the same content release schedule.

https://youtu.be/OhjNIKpZZy0

Comments

• lunarjax2
    lunarjax2 Member Posts: 3

True, very true... Just wish Behavior could realize the true potential and cared to reach it :/. Cause man, it could be so much more and there's such a huge community here wanting that...just a huge shame is all.

But yeah, I know monopolies aren't just for the most money it's just annoying when Behavior here totally Could be doing so much better in many regards but doesn't bother. *sigh*

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

You guy's just going to have to wait ,once Behaviour finishes we'll have us a great game,things are shakey right now overall, the dev's listen to our feedback and try to balance accordingly.

• TheStabbiNAngeL

Hey I've been here too you think I like getting beat by people who take advantage of system.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

CD Projekt Red (Cyperpunk 2077, Witcher) focused too much on getting new players with their Gwent game, had to completely remake it and lost a huge portion of their playerbase. First they lost their core players because they catered to the newer/casual players, which made the game too easy - it's a strategy card game. Then, because they took this design strategy so much to heart, they made the choice to completely rebuild the game from the ground up. Most of the core players came back, but they lost a big portion of players.

To me it seems like BHVR is going down that path, making the game easier for survivors, especially newer ones; while also making the game more challenging for killers to do well. I've seen a lot people posting that they're ready to abandon the game - they're long time players, too. Sometimes I even sit there staring at my perks trying to find a new fun build, but I know if I don't run a bunch of anti-gen perks I'm gonna get stomped for the most part unless I play Nurse/Spirit/Billy.

Sometimes I think it's not that they are getting lazy, or don't want to make their game the best it can be... but it's that they're hitting a ceiling with their skill levels. There have been Dev streams where Devs have literally said that 'the math is too hard to implement this.' Granted, it was one guy, and I'm sure they told him not to say that ever again. But it makes sense to me considering that they are focusing on cosmetic things lately, and other technical issues seem to remain unresolved.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

I think you're totally right.

Thing is though, I don't think that they are balancing the game with math. Like, to a degree they are, but the way they describe how they fix problems, it sounds like they are adjusting things a little bit here and a little bit there until it works the way they want it to. Theres a big problem with working this way, and it's that you scare yourself into not wanting to make any big changes, which is kind of where I think they're getting to.

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429

That is true to some extent, but on the steam release it was crapped bombed by the dbd playerbase, which was the killing blow.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I think the only reason DBD has lasted this long is there is no real competition. It's like when a new MMO comes out. There's usually an exodus of players moving to the newer game because they are bored of the old one.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

If you "love" something, sometimes you need to let it go...

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Guess well have to wait for a new head of behavior and hope they see what this game can do assuming it's not dead when that happens

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    edited January 2021

I would say it's not about the devs.A lot of them are really trying their best and love this game.

I would say it's more about the company BHVR itself and their higher ups that are responsible for the state dbd currently is in.

• onemind
  • onemind

Yes and no if your agreeing with 1st then your maybe new or you haven't gotten to the point where entering a game feels boring

And you can't shame people for buying things

It does look like they are bring back old lunar events there was a leak for the offering related to that event and its description is the same as the old offerings but who knows 6 months to change a few perks mb it will take 2 weeks to change an offering

• onemind

Mb I ment to cancel that post because it was a stupid thought but it's there

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049
    edited January 2021

I agree with 100% of all his points in that video. I know there are many people that want a chapter dedicated to game health, I think that would be great, however, I doubt it would change much. I mean just look at the patch notes, they're not big at all! I mean even the patch notes of new chapters are not big either.

• TheStabbiNAngeL

It's because it's the only game of it's genre and we're scared of losing it?

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179

The devs are not the problem they are not lazy. Competition could help. I believe that the DBD is a victim of its success. top10-20 only on steam. As it is, the game works and makes a profit. There is no reason to touch the core of the game or some balances that would lower the number of players. The nerf of ruin and undying is proof of this. If we are hostages of this game with our complaints or criticisms

• NeverBuyingTomes
    NeverBuyingTomes Member Posts: 23

You're scared of losing a project that is steadily declining in quality so instead of asking for what you paid for you just smile and eat #########? So it can continue to devolve? Dude, get a clue.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

This thread needs to be moved to feedback at some point.

@Almo @Peanits please listen to us

• TheStabbiNAngeL

I gave you too much room,you had take advantage.sit here in eat ######### MF I'm the reason people are saying anything.No one complaining about the hacking, lag switching, or the state of the game just ######### totem spawns GTFOH.If you look at my post complaints on what needs to change,but rather not talk to you ever again.