Undying Changes and Aura Reading

I never did understand why Hex: Undying had aura reading to begin with; its literally in the perk's name Undying. As in it is hard to kill the Hex if RNG favors you. Obiviously the aura-reading helps it not be destroyed, but Undying implies resilience not outright expert surveillance.

A much simpler change would be to keep as it is now and just flat out remove aura-reading from the perk completely. That way the killer can't just endlessly pressure a hex or find you randomly while roaming the map. "Just do Bones" would be much simpler if they can't monitor that #########.

The aura-reading in the New Undying is largely pointless; it doesn't help you protect your hexes (to keep your now more vulnerable hexes alive) and just gives random info to find survivors which goes against the thematic of the perk name. Add that to the fact that you lose it because Undying is first to die and the aura reading might as well be completely absent.

Tl;dr Aura reading isn't necessary for the perk period; you are keeping it on the perk to some extent solely to have it be similar to what it is now but basically making it pointless due to the way it now functions.

Comments

• ZenithZX
    ZenithZX Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2021

Also I know this has been said already, but it basically power-creeps Thrill of the Hunt as well whose sole function is protecting totems through giving you knowledge on their status. Hex:Undying as it is now is basically better than it in every way.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

They made it like that so the Perk isn't useless on its own. They've stated they want all perks to be usable on their own (I know a good portion of them aren't, I'm just relaying information). They wanted Undying to have an effect on its own, so they gave it the aura reading.

• Kanamishii
    Kanamishii Member Posts: 19

The Aura reading is a secondary so that it actually does something in the game other then waiting for a totem to be broken

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Maybe they did it to also have synergy even with hex:noed, to help even getting it to spawn?

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

The aura reading is there so that it actually does something when you run it by itself.

• as expected they had it good when they wanted to sell dlc and now they have a shiny new dlc pack to buy Undying gets nerfed into irrelevance. This is why i refuse to support them anymore with money. Buy with shards only.