Survivors: what do you do during matchmaking?

Options
Righi
Righi Member Posts: 19

To all consummate players of survivors, since the matchmaking can last several minutes most times, what do you do in the meantime? I often scroll on social media but interestingly DBD gives me some time to read a book, completing also a chapter if the matchmaking takes so long

Comments

• GloryHunter
    GloryHunter Member Posts: 33
    Options

On my phone

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582
    Options

Depends. Sometimes I'll draw, sometimes I'll go down an internet rabbit hole, sometimes I'll play D&D while waiting... depends on who's on in my friend group and what we're doing in queue.

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716
    Options

Youtube/homework

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405
    Options

Hmmm I prepare my build for the game. Ge things in the bloodweb and if there's time I check social media. But I'm usually with at least 1 friend as survivor, so we're always talking about life, games and stuff....having fun hahahah

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

If I am swfing, I'll take a shot, BS with my mates, go put some wood in the fire.

If I am solo, probably just BS with my lady until my game starts. Although for me, solo at red ranks is actually really quick.

• halfmanhalfape
    halfmanhalfape Member Posts: 153
    Options

Watch YouTube videos. Settle some small tasks. I tried doing some chores but I’ll usually just turn off the game when I get into doing chores.

Otherwise I come on the forums, read a few posts and post some comments. And if I get a game I might suddenly l

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

DBD Forums, Youtube, snacking, enjoying the serenity😌

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

YouTube/Twitch/Netflix/Forum/Reddit

• ArchFox
    ArchFox Member Posts: 205
    Options

Contemplate where I went wrong in life

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Cry

• Sniper_Era
    Sniper_Era Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2021
    Options

YouTube vids as solo, talk with my buddy in party chat when we go as a duo swf

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379
    Options

If I'm streaming then I'm usually drinking and chatting with people watching, so the time goes by without much fuss, but I do feel a little bad for viewers at the same time because, you know, they wanna watch some gameplay, not stare at a queue screen for what is usually a 7 minute wait on average (and the worst case scenario I've had, 15+ minutes waiting). I play in the evenings, PST timezone so Survivor wait time sucks, but Killer is never more than 15 seconds.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Same thing I do when playing as killer - I hit ready and then hop on my phone until I hear the match has loaded into the map. Sometimes I switch it up by going to the bathroom, taking my dog outside to go to the bathroom, or grab myself a drink/snack.

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554
    Options

Youtube, lunch, a nice stroll. Get married, have kids, grow old with my wife.

You know, just the usual for the long wait times.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,810
    Options

I prepare my build-addons/perks/item and general thought process for the match.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

Beat off mostly.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531
    Options

I actually have really quick queues, this might be because I'm on EU servers, but until about 9pm BST the queues are fast and servers lively