Why do you killers tunnel from start to finish just for one kill then let everyone else escape?

So I got caught and hooked just to be camped. Once saved was tunneled non stop until death on hook. Then they just let everyone else finish gens and leave. #########? This is why I rather run the meta perks and play toxic because when I try to be different I get screwed. So back to the usual easy escape builds and toxic play. Killers whine and complain but continue to be toxic aswell. Screw it. Cant beat'em join'em.

Comments

• xXTrajikXx
    xXTrajikXx Member Posts: 20

Not at all. I ran No Mither, Resilence, Bond, and Borrowed Time. Got one Gen done and that was all she wrote. Never got a chance to drop a pallet.

• xXTrajikXx

I do and I sure dont play like that. I give everyone a fair chance. Hell I even give last survivor the hatch somerimes.

• xXTrajikXx

That post was pointless to this thread. I dont complain about wait times. So whats your point in relation to this thread?

• halfmanhalfape
    halfmanhalfape Member Posts: 153

Yeah it sucks to be tunnelled man. I just got tunnelled out of a game because I brought a map into a game with a Trapper who had ruin. So he wasn’t being toxic but it still sucked. What is worse is the entire time he was chasing me and I was on the hook my team did a whopping 1 gen. That’s what really blows.

• xXTrajikXx

I know. Im just pissed. And needed to vent. Im not a toxic player. That gets boring fast. Just tired of the nonsense. And everyone here act like they dont understand but rather add insult to injury instead of helping and offering solutions. I see I dont need to be on the forums. Probably the same ones who play toxic aswell.

• xXTrajikXx

My apologies everyone. Just was frustated and vented poorly. Back to the daily program.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    edited January 2021

You don't gotta do that. Some people are just like that. I get that sometimes. I don't t bag, clicky flashlight , moonwalk or taunt with emotes. I've had it happen I'd say twice with my current survivor build that's lightweight, deception, dance w/ me and inner strength. Now if I added on how many times I've been tunneled off the hook while having that I'd lose count. I at least understand if I'm the last guy and there's no way to defend the closest gate.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

To be fair, playing red rank killer is so predictable I feel like I could have a dart board and it would always land on one of these things....

1. Sent to extremely survivor sided map
    2. Survivor quick swaps in item
    3. Key in the lobby
    4. Toxic SWF
    5. 12+ second chance perks ingame
    6. 2 gens completed before corrupt intervention is over
    7. 4% into DS/Unbreakable resetting the game

At some point you stop caring and just camp and tunnel everybody you can get your grubby hands on

• I dont blame them. I dont even blame you for your reaction to it. I think at this point a lot of players are burnt out on all the broken BS in the game.

@SilentPill kind of nailed it.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

How many of these "THEN LET ME BE EVIL" posts are there?

• Some killers just don't give a **** really. Most toxic killers are created by toxic survivors; and vice versa.

It's a community generated cycle.

Some killer gets bullied by some toxic groups; and then starts just using anything they can to upset survivors; innocent survivors get upset, and stop caring about killer's feelings.

Not saying some people are not going to be a jerk just for the sake of being a jerk; but you would be surprised at how just being respectful to each other would change things.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2021

Yeah but they do this to EVERY swf because every swf is "Toxic" for example.

Me and my friends are playing as dwights atm so it's obvious we are in a swf- but we still get killers taking like mori's with double iri addons and just tunnel/camping everyone something fierce and taking noed as well; hitting us on hooks, etc....

Yet if we are winning a match, and the killer does not have noed or something, we usually let them kill us cause we don't really care- thing is we only end up doing that like 1 in every 6 games because most killers get all "grrr" because we have the same hats on.....

Unless a killer is like tunneling someone like HARD or face camping; we don't t-bag or do anything disrespectful ever- but because we're friends that warrants abuse....all because people have run into people who are SWFs being toxic.

Community generated cycle as I mentioned.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

You will have to forgive me but I don't think you will be any harder to kill loading up on the so-called Meta Perks. I'm not sure how this myth got started, but the common Survivor Meta Perks don't ensure your survival; more often they don't do squat for you. They only become really strong when spammed by a SWF. You shouldn't let one bad match tilt you. It is the wrong attitude to have in this game, and it will diminish your fun.

You should probably stop using the word "toxic" and ignore anyone who throws it around willy nilly. There is no such animal. There is just what is legal under the rules and what isn't legal. You got tunneled? So what? It happens to everyone now and then. To some people, it seems to happen all the time. Weird; I don't know what to say to that, except that the only common denominator in all those matches is the guy/gal getting tunneled. Perhaps they should own up to being a factor in it themselves.

By all means, play as hard as you want. I never understand people who aren't giving a 100%. Just keep silly statements about codes of honor and that to yourself. That is just pathetic, passive aggressive nonsense. The only thing one has to do to be a "good sport" playing Dead by Daylight is:

1. Don't cheat, either by hacks or lag spikes.
    2. Don't disconnect; if you start a game, finish it.
    3. Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.

And for the record, getting tilted and ranting about toxic players isn't being gracious in defeat.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

Calm down man. If you like this game just keep playing and learn to accept crap happens. There's always the next one. Dont become toxic to reply to anger. Only do it to the people who do it to you. Like cocky survivors hook rushing or healing in front of you cuz they think you're gonna be bad or the killers who play like scum from the beginning. You won't get sympathy because people here have been here through what you went through and dont play toxic. It takes experience to get over this stuff but if you can it feels great.

• Theninjajesus
    Theninjajesus Member Posts: 99

Teabagging. I will go to town hard on a teabagger. In fact I had a game recently where I opened the exit gates for the Survivors I was so satisfied I caught the teabagger. 3 escape 1 kill too. And I broke with my tradition of not camping this teabagger drew my ire so. It may have been me you were playing against. Was it on Coldwind Farms? Were you a Bill?

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

A few things come to mind

1) They're bad at the game and just want to feel some kind of accomplishment

2) they just got rolled by a good team and wanted to make someone suffer like they did

3) They're just mean spirited

4) they had a sacrifice daily or were trying to do something specific for a tome and you were just a means to an end

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    edited January 2021

Face camping is the only thing I would add to your list. I know its "legal" but it is just about the rudest thing in the game (I only play killer, keep in mind)

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

How about they identified a bad looper and want to win the game? I usually tunnel bad players unless they are so hideously bad I don’t think they are a threat at all.

Tunneling someone out at 3-5 gens left is the most reliable way to win in the game. DS doesn’t matter if they are bad at looping and go right back down anyways.

There’s no time to be nice in DBD against a good team, and you never know if you are playing against a good team or a bad one until it’s too late.

• halfmanhalfape

I see no harm in OP ranting a little here. Yeah we all get toxic matches sometimes, and we get angry about it. If ranting here is gonna help by all means.

I’ll add though that not all toxic behaviour is provoked (by killers or survivors) although for sure some are. Just keep in mind. Some people are just using you as an outlet and some people on the forums have even admitted to that.

Also I’ll add other reasons I’ve been tunnelled and camped that haven’t been stated here.

(1) Carrying a map

(2) Carrying a flashlight (just carrying, no clicky clicky)

(3) Knowing where someone’s ruin totem was

In all those instances I was tunnelled into oblivion (Killer ignored all other players and objectives just to get me out). So there are many reasons why someone would tunnel. Not saying it’s not toxic, but there are many reasons.

Also goes to show, ruin doesn’t automatically mean a killer will pressure gens. Just saying.

Also OP says he runs No Mither. I heard someone say he gets tunnelled running that. Maybe the killer thought it makes you easier prey? Not that I’m condoning it but that could be a reason.

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122

Good job, you gave in to your own petty desires.

I never play survivor, and I'm a really good killer player; I never like to tunnel or camp.

I've played for over a year and half now, you just need to go to a different game if you can't handle any of this.

Killer or survivor you deal with BS everyday at least one game. You're never going to get a day away from it unless you go play other stuff.

But I can say that there is a point to go back and be toxic, and that's when you can TELL mid-game that the person isn't a fair player.

I played Ghostface for the first time and I get horribly trolled and T-Bagged; I usually never stoop to their level but boy when I Rancor'd that awful troll I just opened the gate and made the rest leave. It's fine to do it when you KNOW that person is just... Undeserving of the game they're playing.

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122

No, there are toxic players; just not as many as people conceive.

I dunno who thinks there is no toxicity in games but there is, no matter what game you play.

You'll eventually run into a troll that is just nothing but rude and clearly uncaring of the others feelings.

If you think that DbD is special and can't have bad eggs, you're horribly wrong

• xXTrajikXx

I ran No Mither and Resilence just for fun. My Tome challenge was to deplete 3 toolboxes so thats why I brought it. I go in solo as Ace, the other 3 were Meg. I guess they were SWF. They had 2 med kits and a flashlight. Map is Backwater Swanp. I go to boat and start gen. I can tell its Nurse because I hear her teleporting. Nobody is in a chase tho. As soon as I finish gen and the horn sounds she teleports to me and hits me. I run off boat but she catches me. Im hooked and she shakes her head no and face camps me.

2 gens pop and now im going into struggle phase. I get rescued but no borrowed time, I get tunneled and put back on hook. Im dead so I spectate just to see nurse watching them finish the last gen and lets them all leave the match untouched. Thats what set me off. I didnt teabag nor did I even get a chance to drop a pallet.

It just frustrated me to no end.

• NurseYourWounds
    NurseYourWounds Member Posts: 29

First off, don't paint us all with the same brush. We don't all tunnel, and if it was a nurse you went up against, us nurse mains don't need to tunnel. It's actually a hinderence and allows others to pop those gens faster, we have a power and add ons that give us immense map control.

To say you never encounter an inexperienced killer at red ranks is simply not true. He might not have a nurse main and be doing dailies, not very good with the nurse and just tunneled to get that last hook objective for his blood points.

This is why the Devs are changing the way the ranks work so that your rank is irrelevant to matchmaking but bringing out akillers individual skill rank that is.

For you to turn around like 'Oh mah gay I'm playing toxic!' is just toxic... But again I'm a Nurse, I don't mind toxic, toxic players die when they meet a good nurse.

Keep your head down, don't let her see you next time.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

Looks like something personal.

My guess would be that he hold a grudge on you from past match experiences, that's why he went after you specificly and didn't care about win / lose. Always behave properly and that should not happen in future.

• halfmanhalfape
    edited January 2021

Oook that’s pretty screwed up. From the earlier part of the match it’s hard to say if she tunnelled. But if she just watched the other 3 Megs do gens and let them escape that seems like pretty direct discrimination.

I’ve no idea what set that off but since there’s no way to know best to let it go and move to the next match. Don’t take it personally, the killer probably had some unknown reason to do what he/she did that was no fault of yours. Hell, I suspect I’ve been tunnelled just for wearing that new colourful Nea skin, but there was no way I could know. So I just let it go and move to the next game.

There are many more good and fair killers and games out there. So get stuck in, fume a little, get angry, and then move on. Better to have fun with the good players.

See you in the fog!

• Malum_Midnight
    Malum_Midnight Member Posts: 366

Not every killer is the same. Can’t say why he let everyone else go, but my guess is you were being a toxic POS and wanted to ruin your game. Can’t blame them lol

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Sounds like revenge.

• fixdeadhard
    fixdeadhard Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2021

They do it because it works, it should be a free escape for 3 survivors, but it isnt 90% of the time. most of the time those games end in 4k's just because most people are too dumb to push gens when this happens.

• Cable2486
    Cable2486 Member Posts: 249

Not to be an ass, but you ran NM and wonder why you got singled out? Any killer worth their salt will suspect a gen rush build or simply see an easy target the second they see NM in play. I have to assume that's the likeliest scenario here. Especially if it was a red rank nurse.

Either that, or they had a BAD time in previous matches and chose to take it out on you.

• Skullgrind
    Skullgrind Member Posts: 118

Usually it's because I caught someone early doing something dumb, then I chased around their teammates while they got unhooked, and thinking surely the DS counter is done now I down them again. If you DS me like that I will go to the ends of the earth to end you. And typically this brings out the worst in that survivors teammates and it's just a snowball of a bad time.

• Chinanumawaaan
    Chinanumawaaan Member Posts: 131

i know we are all thinking it so ima just say it. GIT.GUD. Getting tunneled is a survivor issue and its usually your own teammates.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Here's a better question. Why do killers chase one survivor for 3-4 gens and face-camp them like they did something wrong? They played the game as intended; you decided to chase them.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887

"This is why I rather run the meta perks and play toxic because when I try to be different I get screwed. So back to the usual easy escape builds and toxic play. Killers whine and complain but continue to be toxic aswell. Screw it. Cant beat'em join'em."

Sounds like you play toxic and someone remembered. As you said, your usual playstyle is to be toxic. Likely they remembered you from a different game and went after you. Don't blame it on the killer when your "usual" playstyle is toxic.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Usually tunneling and camping happens more often in lower ranks. Most of the time tho getting tunneled is your team mates fault who decided to unhook you in front of the killer without BT. You can play however you want if you wanna be"toxic" go ahead just don't be surprised if the killer camps and tunnels even more.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,175
    edited January 2021

Its funny seeing all these killers get high and mighty and try to blame you when in reality its bad on both sides.

If 1 killer does this to you, what makes you think its not going to happen in future matches?

If a survivor teabags you on pallet drop or at exit gates or flashlight spams you, emotes, etc, what makes the survivor think the killer will be merciful in future matches?

The fact is, both sides are toxic AF. Killers will die on their hill blaming survivors and survivors will die on their hill defending their own.

Everyone's matches are different but to say that you're a douchebag for being an ######### based on 1 game, isn't reality. Most of us have all played hundreds of matches and see it time and time again.

Nothing wrong with running meta perks at that point, and if someone tries to blame you or make you feel bad for it, then ignore it. They don't see the 2 PoVs, they see 1 and its theirs.

• TauNkosi
    TauNkosi Member Posts: 282

Fellas. Is basement trapper toxic? I've started making trapper and find trapping the basement is my best course of action to secure kills.it doesn't always work but when it does, it's mad easy.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

So you decided to lower yourself to someone else's standards and inflict behavior on others; for no reason but to prove a point to someone (the original killer) who is not affected by the behavior you are displaying - yeah that will show him!

So now you are the toxic person ruining other people's game experience. Who knows maybe the next "Survivors are toxic" thread will be some newer killer who got to experience your childish temper tantrum and decided to post how he will now play toxic to counter - people like you.

Yeah you really thought this one out and look totally mature in your response to a behavior on an online video game. Slow clap.

Eyeroll.

• bkn
    bkn Member Posts: 228
    edited January 2021

no thats how he is supposed to play... Trapper is weak at chasing, so you close down certain areas like shack, loops, basement etc... you should always be close to your traps and therefore always around a hooked survivor...

when you go chasing with trapper its your own fault for playing stupid, its like playing clown without bottles... survivors dont get over it that trapper is a born "camper", so they loop the killer shack until they end in the basement just to cry instead of actually adepting once.

Post edited by bkn on