Chapter Idea: Bioshock

Options
Tayte
Tayte Member Posts: 65
edited November 2020 in Creations

Just a good licensed dlc I could see bring a lot of traction to Dead By Daylight.

Killer: The protector

Name: Big Daddy

Hair Colour: Unknown

Eye colour: (unknown)

Power: Drill

Weapon: Drill.

Speed: 115%

Terror radius: 32 m.

Background:

Big daddy. The perfect recipe for work with no profit. That was their creation. To help within the rapture and to protect the little sisters as a bouncer, but this big daddy lost his little sister. Walking the halls of the rapture in frustration, as he looks around for any. Becoming more and more aggressive and violent. Turning into a killing machine, and causing fear to the populace. The perfect tool for the entity, and soon to await new orders.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Powers:

Ability: The drill

-Drill Slam: The bouncer drills into the ground. Causing any survivors within radius to become disoriented and slower for 2 seconds. (similar to clowns ability)

Second ability:

-Drill charge: The bouncer starts charging headfirst with the drill. Downing any caught in attack. The charge can only go in the direction you face.

Mori: Drilling through the stomach of the survivor. Lifting them up in the air, before throwing them to the ground.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Killer perks:

1. Opportunist:

When missing a lunge attack, for the next 1/1,5/2 seconds your basic attacks will have no recovery at all. Has a cooldown of 50 seconds.

2. Hex: Cold feet:

Two totems will be inflicted with a hex that causes all survivors to move 10% slower for 10 seconds after cleansing..

3. Locomotion:

Each time a survivor breaks a totem or finishes a generator, gain a temporary 10% speed boost for 10 seconds.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Survivor: Elizabeth.

Hair colour: Brunette

Eye colour: Blue

Background:

With the power to manipulate tears in the fabric of time, and witnessing her own birth and undoing several times, through multiple dimensions, it is to no surprise it would harden Elizabeths mental stability. Especially when she drowned Booker, to prevent him from becoming the next Comstock, an evil man who neglected the world for his own needs to protect her, creating a paradox in the fabric of time and dimensions that stopped all the other Elizabeths, connecting them to her, but one Comstock survived the purge, but he could not live with himself. Knowing what he had done he altered his mind to forget it all. In doing so, he forgot his old self. He started life anew, and went back to his old name Booker. He adopted an orphan named sally, but his old habits would quickly come back, and the orphan would be kidnapped by a group.

Elizabeth followed after him. Determined to stop the last Comstock. In doing so she learned of the whereabouts of Sally,

and used this as a plot device for revenge. Letting Booker know where she would be. They find her, but now Elizabeth's plot of revenge sets in. She raises the temperature of where Sally is. Burning her alive, as Booker tries to free her. Remembering his past, and the other universes where he neglected Elizabeth. He tries to apologize, but one of the big daddies comes from behind and kills the last Comstock.

Elizabeths builds up a regret, realizing what she has done. She had become the very thing she swore revenge on. She decides to go back in time to save Sally, but in doing so loses her power over time.

She meets the revolutionary Atlas, who has Sally in his grasp. He demands the code for the Ace of the hole. A clue that would help him to win the revolution of the rapture. Elizabeth does as requested, gathering the password for the program. In their final confrontation, she trades the code for Sally, but Atlas has other plans. Ending her life right there. Elizabeth accepts her fate knowing Sally is safe, but as she closes her eyes for the last time, she finds herself woken up in a new place. Her bruise seemingly healed up. Without her power, she looked around in the dark foggy forest, as she realized that this was no ordinary place.

Survivor perks:

1. A cry for help:

In the middle of a chase while injured, you’re able to scream your lungs out. Revealing the killers position and yours for 5 seconds to your comrades. (also reveals your location to the killer). You are able to use the ability two times in a game by a press of the ability button. Makes you the obsession.

2. Amor Animalibus:

You always had a heart for living beings, be they big or small. Once you snuck up to a crow without startling it, press the Ability button to befriend any crow in a 5m radius from you. If you are being chased by the killer and run past these crows, they will caw at your pursuer, momentarily slowing him for 3 seconds

the slow could be like 5%, maybe even 10%

3. I’m on a roll:

Each time your break totem or finish a generator, gain a temporary 10% speed boost for 15 seconds.

New map: Rapture

Enjoy the mysterious and errie view of the underwater city from the windows, as you fight your way through the dark halls of the once great Rapture.

Notes:

I apologise if I butchered any lore. Let me know so I can fix it.

Post edited by Tayte on

Comments

• B_Random
    B_Random Member Posts: 370
    Options

This is a very BioShock-ing idea.

• TsukiYurei
    TsukiYurei Member Posts: 97
    Options

Nice idea, personally I love something like this.

But the little sister from bio shock II would be awesome.

• Rhe2veja
    Rhe2veja Member Posts: 63
    Options

Man i love bioshock, but i think ¨the protector¨ is a better codename for the big daddy

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,685
    Options

While Bioshock is a great series in its own right, its hardly a horror or slasher game.

There are many great other games DBD would go for first, even tho this is a cool idea.

• Tayte
    Options

The protector is a great name as well. I think I will use that

• Deadlock
    Deadlock Member Posts: 215
    Options

Ok. Um. I dont want to start anything huge, but this is very similar to my concept for a Bioshock concept. I'm not saying that other people can't create concepts, im just a little weirded out that the power and name is the exact same as my concept.

If you are using my concept, please mention me or tell me that you are. I dont mind people adding or changing my concepts, but at least mention me.

If you aren't then I'm sorry, but the power is legit the EXACT same as mine. You have a few alterations and the perks are different, but seriously, something is fishy.

• Deadlock
    Options

Please do get back to me

• Tayte
    edited January 2021
    Options

Read the comment underneath

Post edited by Tayte on
  • Tayte
    Options

Hey there, don't know who you are, but I didn't use anything similar to yours on purpose. If you wish to know where I got the idea for killers power, it is taken directly from the actual bioshock wikia.

https://bioshock.fandom.com/wiki/Bouncer

Attacksedit | edit source

When in combat, the Bouncer will produce three different kinds of attack:

• Drill Slam: In this attack, the Bouncer slams the ground with its drill, causing a tremor in the surrounding area and disorienting anyone in the radius. Usually the Bouncer will follow this up with a Charge; the foe will often be too sluggish to avoid it.
    • Drill Punch: This is the Bouncer's basic attack, it is accomplished when it drills into its foe. If against a Splicer, the victim is killed instantly. In the case of the player, the attack deals a severe amount of damage, killing the player if they are low on health.
    • Charge: If the victim is far from the Bouncer, it will charge at them at high speed. This knocks the foe back, dealing them damage in the process. In the case of the player, they will also have their camera swung around and temporarily blurred, momentarily disorienting them.

That is his power from the actual game.

I don't steal from others. I put effort into my work, so I don't appreciate such accusations, especially when the only similarity is the power that arrives from the actual game. Difference is mine is closer to it. Thank you very much.

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379
    Options

Bioshock would be cool to pull inspiration from for sure! One of my favorite series of all time! And Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece...

I like your ideas, I would however consider changing the Big Daddy to the Big Sister instead, for some more varied power ideas. The Big Daddy by itself seems too similar to the two chainsaw killers we already have... OR, keep Big Daddy, but make his powers more plasmid-based rather than Drill-based. At minimum, this could be achieved through add-ons I suppose, similar to changing Freddy's Dream Snares to Dream Pallets, we could have add-ons for the Big Daddy to swap, say, "Drill Fuel" for various plasmid tonics and enhancements.

• Tayte
    Options
  • bunkansee
    bunkansee Member Posts: 2
    Options

Honestly, what? I looked at your concept and it's hardly similar to this one at all, the power isn't the exact same, definitely not a carbon copy like you are making out, and the perks are completely different.

Anyway, I really like this concept! I think the Opportunist perk could maybe last a couple of seconds longer. To clarify, would the perk reduce the recovery of the initial missed lunge? I really like the survivor perks, especially A cry for help! Would be great for warning teammates about an approaching killer.

• Tayte
    Options

Yeah, it would recover it quicker.

Also thanks for pointing out they aren't similar as well. Kinda annoys me people will go to such lengths, and call plagarism over something that isn't similar. The person even named their post 'the original', so i'm fairly certain they're doing it for attention.

• Critical_Fish
    Critical_Fish Member Posts: 615
    Options

I'm not overly interested in lore or anything, nor am I into Bioshock. I hope I can offer an unbiased take on balance as a whole.

The power seems to be perfectly fine, but how big is the primary power's range?

Opportunist is odd to me, but I do think it would be fine. With perks with cooldowns, though, most of the time levelling up the perk decreases the cooldown, so maybe lock the effect at 1.5 seconds base and have the cooldown be 60/50/40 seconds? It's all up to you, though. Also, does Opportunist effect the lunge that's required to activate it?

Hex: Cold Feet doesn't seem to be very good. The slowdown is minimal and the time even moreso. Plus, I don't think 2 Hex perks that spawn 2 totems could exist without adding another totem to every map in the game. Maybe it's a singular totem that decreases speeds for the first few seconds of a chase? Or maybe after unhooking somebody, a Survivor is exposed and hindered for 30/45/60 seconds? There are a lot of things that can be done with this.

Locomotion doesn't have anything listed as a difference between tiers. Maybe 5/10/15 seconds? Other than that, I like this perk! It would definitely be scary if it activated in a chase.

A Cry for Help is written a bit oddly, but I do like it. Instead of a limit to twice per match, though, maybe a really long cooldown? 150/125/100 seconds maybe? Or even 60/50/40 seconds would work, since this perk isn't overly powerful outside of the early game if you're the first one being chased by the Killer, since it tells Survivors who the Killer is and where they are.

Amor Animalibus is good, but it really needs a limit to how many groups of crows it can effect. Killers are already not that much faster than Survivors. Imagine this against a 110 speed Killer in its current state, they would never catch up. It also doesn't have a difference between tiers, so maybe "This can be used on 1/2/3 groups of crows at a time" or something?

I'm On a Roll is cool, especially as a counterpart to Locomotion. But it also has no differences between tiers, so maybe 5/10/15 seconds, just like Locomotion? It could also cause exhaustion, as a longer but slower exhaustion perk. In which case it'd probably last 10-15 seconds, and cause exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds. Thinking of it, this combined with Sprint Burst would be the worst, it should definitely be an exhaustion perk.

Overall, good concept! The perks are interesting and unique, all with high quality, and the power the Killer has isn't as interesting, but definitely a unique blend of 2 different powers that could definitely be very interesting if mastered.

• Tayte
    Options

I will be honest with you. I am completely incapable when it comes to numbers and stuff. So I am deadly afraid to change numbers and seconds, because I have no clue what is fair and isn't fair.

But I think you have the stats right. One thing i've learned from sharing my concepts is that people also have varying degrees of how to balance things, that I am nowadays too scared to even try to get it right haha. This is just more of a very basic concept. I have no clue how fairness goes.

And again super thanks for the comment. I really do appreciate such critics!

• Deadlock
    edited January 2021
    Options

Ok, I'm sorry. I have no clue what I was thinking. Probably just because I saw someone else doing a Bioshock concept and it was better made and was taking attention away from me. That wasn't the reason I did that, but something along those lines was probably going on in my head. I'm really sorry, idk what I was doing. I actually feel like an idiot.

Post edited by Deadlock on