The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Are we all just addicated to a game we hate?

Bone_Dice
Bone_Dice Member Posts: 55
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

I swear to god this game is bad for my mental health

Comments

• blacknemesy
    blacknemesy Member Posts: 25

I am waiting for the MMR system to come out and if the match making keeps producing unfair matches I'll delete the game off of the steam account so I can't get back to it. I advise you to do the same. There are alot of great games out there that are fun to play alone or with friends, why waste time on a game that punishes you for not having more hours played than your opponent(s)?

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

It's called taking a break and play something else

For now maybe

Waiting on The Evil Dead game to come out hopefully that will be the competitor

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613

yup i need to learn new stuff but cant stop playing this ######### game

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    edited January 2021

I don't hate this game. I don't play it 24/7 like some of the hardcore players though.

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

I don't really hate this game, otherwise I wouldn't think twice before dumping it.

I do hate some things that happens in the game. Some of them are because of bugs, other from matchmaking and some because there are people playing and sometimes they do things that are "cheap" or you simply don't like as play style... but it's life.

Whenever I get too many bad games, I play other things. But I don't really hate, because there are new things to try, I have many things to discover and I usually have fun with my friends. So while there are times I don't feel like playing (and then I simply don't), I still like it.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Nope.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

No, for all it’s flaws it’s still easily one of my favorite games of all time

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

No?

I wouldn't still be here if I didn't enjoy it. Yeah there's some parts of it that are bad and need work, but... there's new interesting content and they are getting around to fixing bad perks now which is great. In my opinion overall the game is going in the right direction.

Honestly if you aren't enjoying the game... stop playing. Your time and attention is too precious to spend it on things you don't like. If you don't like the game, I would strongly recommend finding a game or hobby you do like and spend time with that.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

No just frustrated about lot's of annoying things in a game I love.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

very

• Bone_Dice

I mean don't get me wrong I like this game, it can just be so frustrating at times, and as a killer main survivors can be real douchebags

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,266

Yes, I am addicted.

It's not as bad as we make it out to be, it's just frustrating how slow the developers move.

Matchmaking is my biggest issue and I really don't think it will get fixed. Sure in the beginning it can be good, but if there is still a lack of killer players to be matched with red rank swf, the devs will break it in order to get them a killer.

So now, I am just biding my time until something else catches my fancy. If I could break free of WoW, I can break free of this.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

That's very fair, and true. I will say it helps a ton to find a Killer/Build that really fits you that you basically have fun with no matter what. Currently I've been loving playing Myers who stays in T1 for like... 80% of the game on purpose. Can't get enough of popping around a corner and suddenly stabbing a Survivor on a gen or healing who had zero idea I was there.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited January 2021

I play the game regularly but not as much as i used to. My first year in this game i would easily play for 8+ hours a day.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

It is called time sink..It happens with many games...Where you start off liking It then It gets more and more bloated then you no longer wanna play It..But,you already invested time/money into It so you keep going hoping to get that high the game gave you before.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

I'm not even playing on a regular basis anymore, the only thing that keeps me coming back are the Rift rewards. Outside of that I don't touch the game, during these breaks I spend my time on far better games.

• Judderman77
    Judderman77 Member Posts: 23

Hitman 3 next week so I'll be free from the fog.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

I don't play games I dislike playing

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

yes, please I need help

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Not addicted theres just not another game like it.

• Bone_Dice

Wow, this comment section alone says a lot about DBD, I think I'm gonna buy red dead 2

• Skullgrind
    Skullgrind Member Posts: 118

Yes. I hate this game, I hate myself for playing it, and most of all I hate having spent any $$ or time on it. But on the other hand I get to absorb a ton of toxic behavior from it's players so that's good.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Have any of you ever canceled sex for DBD? You might be addicted if you have...

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392

Yeah, it sure seems like it. I love DBD, but I also hate a lot of things about the game.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited January 2021

I was addicted to league up until I think it was season 5 when they let 4 and 5 man premades ruin rank mode and it was the rock bottom I needed to leave and never go back, spent thousands on it before then on skins and stuff had at least one for every champ and had all champs released to the point I quit. Champs were mostly bought with Ip from exploiting the original refer a friend system with multiple simultaneous vm botted referal accounts and a script to generate and run through new ones back to back for a couple or few weeks straight at one point. Never ran out of IP.

I was also addicted to hearthstone since it's early beta days for about to a couple of years after it had changed tot he point I wasn't even enjoying it often any more, and the blitzchung incident gave me an excuse to myself to quit that one for good too. I haven't even installed battlenet again since then because hearing about the censored graphics in classic to appease china kept me turned off of it and after trying bfa I figured it wasn't worth shadowlands even with the enticement of rtx.

You can be addicted and look for an excuse to finally get yourself to quit. You can do it. I know you have it in you. Time to take that addiction and drop it in a firey toilet of doom.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited January 2021

Yeah I felt that every time I loaded it up with the intention of playing killer lol. I gave myself an out with "if I don't get alobby within 30 seconds on this killer I'm out" Obviously it took just deciding to never queue up for it any more since that didn't work out by the end of the year. The only anxiety I have about queueing up as survivor is whether or not it's gonna be a long ass queue that night. So I decide if it takes ten minutes on event he first lobby I'm out for the night. No stress about survivor in game though except after resets or if it's been at least amonth since I last played the game. And that's more about looking bad for the first match while getting back intot he feel of things or having horrible teammates. The first one I don't even care about any more.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617

I haven't been able to play for over a week because my PC is on maintenance and I can confirm my mental health has improved a bit lmao but I wanna play again anyway because when people are not being toxic it's fun

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Same here, I love the game but the comunity some times...

• bad maps and perk balance are the two main issues with the core gameplay, the other issues are bugs and bad visual/audio design.

Some of the maps are so bad I don't understand how they were approved. The studio needs to be honest with itself and reassign those staff and let someone else take a shot at map design. I can't see how it could be any worse. Some maps literally ruin the game and the game would be better for it if they were taken out of rotation

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Wish more players would be that honest about their situation. Too many act like everything’s fine when it’s really festering beneath the surface, eating them alive inside.

• magicmaster2020
    magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499

I'm less frustrated with the game itself and more the community. A lot of this community is toxic and complain when the change they want isn't developed. Its frustrating for me because I see the potential, and how much the devs try to see problems and come up with solutions, but 90% of the time the community has an uproar because of changes.