Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I just got dropped from a game and my internet didn't go off....

I thought I discovered a very hilarious bug as I all of a sudden bounced off of something as the Blight and instead of the small bounce I was CONTINUOUSLY bouncing backwards. Then it said No Network Error and booted me extremely fast like it was something other than that. Then the games load in was slow as if it was the DBD servers. My internet never went off though....

Now I am enduring a DC penalty I didn't earn...

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Ok.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,761

I've had this ######### far too often recently too, and it genuinley frustrates me.

Don't worry though; if you pipped in the game, you'll pip when you're kicked, and if you've found an item in the trial or had one going in you'll keep them!!

It's...

It's confusing.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Man sucks when that happens. I had it happen earlier today. Just going about my business in a match as Ghostface, and I was chasing (OR thought I was) a Kate, and she just starts running in a straight line from the top of the map to the bottom. I was thinking, is she literally the embodiment of the 'Hold W' thing we hear all the time? No, turns out I Got disconnected from the servers about 30 seconds beforehand, just as I started chasing the Kate. It really does suck to get a penalty for something beyond our control, but at least it was only 5 minutes I guess.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Yeah, it was their servers and not me. Usually, if my net drops for a second it downs for like 10 seconds and I can SEE that it's out. There was no connection interruption what so ever.

• ASurvkillivorer

That is the crappiest feeling. In a chase....confusion....disappointment.

• Chloe_Deplano
    Chloe_Deplano Member Posts: 39

This is happening to me often these past days, just with Killer. I start the match and after some minutes the game disconnects me with a warning that say to "check my internet connection", even if the latest works just fine (I'm on PC).

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 886

You can't know that it was their server. It's not like you connect directly to their server. There are numerous hops between your computer and their servers. Any of those routers could have dropped packets and caused the game to DC. Your internet connection would still look solid.

• ASurvkillivorer

Happened yet again. No Network Error even though there is no internet down.

• ASurvkillivorer

Great effing start to the day BTW. Lose my BPS and a I had 4 stacks on WGLF and then this happens. What else is weird is why am I keeping my items when this happens?

• ASurvkillivorer

Is this happening to anyone else?

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Cross-play on = escalating ban timer for disconnects I do not not perform.

Cross-play off = no issues but overwhelming feeling of not being with the cool kids.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

It's because despite popular belief that it's your internet that's the problem, it's actually the server connection.

Which makes all those absolutely lovely people worshipping the DC penalty and saying "sucks to be poor" even worse than they already are, because it's not even the user's personal problem.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,753

Yup been getting that error for like two years on Xbox. Says I have no Internet Connection even though my stream is still up and chat party isn't interrupted if I'm in a group. I find restarting the game every 3-5 matches bandaids it up mostly.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404

This happens to me a lot on Xbox. Always during a particularly good game as well, never during a game where gens are done in 2 minutes or when the whole team is slugged at 5 gens. It sucks. Definitely their server.

• snattie
    snattie Member Posts: 2

I just got 8012 error - got kicked out of game. I had good internet connection and servers are fine. I had to restart the game to get rid of it and now I got penalty too. I was playing with my friend on cross play - me on steam, he on xbox game pass. Two other survivors also on steam got dc before I did. My friend and killed both on other platform (the killer also had crossplay icon - the planet) stayed in game. This is evidently cross play issue.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866
  • AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

That's the steam maintenance getting you. Gotta be careful with any MP game on steam on Tuesday