PC - EAC issue after updating

quilla
quilla Member Posts: 12

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Join friend in survivor lobby

Step 3 : Play game as normally doing gens & being chased etc.

Step 4 : Receive EAC error code 4 during a chase before getting downed

Additional info:

I've received this same error every time I've updated DBD for at least the past four patches/major updates. Other times I received the error waiting in a SWF lobby or during the loading screen right before the beginning of a match. Afterwards I'm able to verify & redownload a few files, and the error does not reoccur until I have to update the game again.

This particular instance I was playing as Meg with the perks Iron Will, Spine Chill, Adrenaline, and Borrowed Time.

I've not relaunched the game since this log, but I did redownload the files that could not be verified.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• quilla

Just thought I'd leave an update on this post. The same error code popped up after updating the game and having the game open for a couple minutes. This time the error appeared while I was browsing the in-game store.

• quilla

This has happened another 2 times since my last update, both of which I have screenshots of if needed. As for the fourth time this has happened, there was no update to the game, I just haven't played in about a month but have not changed any files. I'd love to get some feedback from someone on the bug fixing team because it's very frustrating to have to have to spend over a half hour validating and redownloading files almost every time I want to play this game.

• FUBAR
    FUBAR Member Posts: 2

Hi,

I've got the same problem in a recent update - uninstall and reinstall DbD helped me. Before this step i tried to update EAC Client etc., nothing helped.

• PeacefulFIN
    PeacefulFIN Member Posts: 58

If you are playing thru Steam. Right click Dead By Daylight, select Properties, click Local Files, then select "Verify Integrity of game files". I do this every time after updating DBD, it does the trick. Hope this helps!

• quilla

This is also what I've been doing since every update. It does fix the problem temporarily, but I still have to reverify my files after every single update.

• PeacefulFIN
    PeacefulFIN Member Posts: 58

Yep, I verify the files after every update too. It's been a norm for me for few years now. ☺️ Maybe they fix this at some point, if possible.

• quilla

Funny enough, yesterday's update was the first time in almost a year where I didn't have to reverify my files after updating and opening the game so hopefully it's fixed for everyone else as well