You are morally obliged to play killer at least one fifth of your games

Options
2»

Comments

• Woot1234
    Woot1234 Member Posts: 139
    Options

I have a feeling if they displayed queue times people would not wait and go do something else, which would lead to drop in players. As is, the unknown wait time keeps people around and then at some point they probably fall prey to the sunk cost fallacy and keep hanging around.

You sacrifice a perk slot but BBQ is the closest we have to BP boost for killers. A good game + good offering can be 80k BP.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,168
    Options

I don't think killer is that bad, ques have always been up and down in this game though I will agree there are a few killers I think need a buff . I've played since release and back then it was 1000x more stressful than it could ever possibly be at this point , I remember playing the trapper and all my traps getting Sabo staying gone and then to top it off all the hooks sabo too and all you would have is the basement hooks , hence why people started running iron grasp and agitation together , and don't even get me started about recovering exhaustion while running and the double pallet jungle gyms , lmao and for survivors the actual "face camp" where the survivors couldn't unhook when you stood in front of the hook because they hadn't added swivel hooks so you got no prompt to unhook

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150
    Options

Sorry, killer gameplay is just too stressful if I wanna relax and have fun after long day.

It's either run meta and sweat, or get stomped on.

I'd rather play soloQ and run niche perks and have fun rather than put up with toxicity.

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405
    Options

If you say so.

But at least here survivors queues are not like that. Plenty of killers playing usually, so I can skip some days.

• Girth_Smurf
    Girth_Smurf Member Posts: 1
    Options

Well unless it's with friends, I exclusively play killer, but sometimes I'm left waiting for up to 5mins to get into a match so after playing 5 games and spending a matches worth of time matchmaking I just couldn't be botherd to play it any more for the day

• lostboy
    lostboy Member Posts: 89
    Options

I've recently come back to DBD from a break of a couple of months and play nurse perkless. Well I use only light born, but 9 times out of 10 its not used because hardly anyone uses torches. Since my return some 10-15 games later I have not lost one game as I've slowly moved down the ranks from purple heading back to red ranks. My advice to anyone who wants to learn killer. Play without perks, dominate the game and with that any nerf to addons are not of a concern.

The game hardest mode is solo, they're being penalized by not playing in SWF comms and queue times. That all said, I appreciate the lack of love for many killers makes sense why queue times for survivors continue to increase.

• tak47888
    tak47888 Member Posts: 125
    Options

I used to play a lot of Killer but stopped to play the game completeley for several months now and tbh I don't miss having high blood pressure and death wishes in end game chat. Survivors, you won! You can have the game for your own! I will only return, if they announce a really good killer (which won't happen, let's be honest). Until that, enjoy your lobby simulator!

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

Exactly. Put players against other players of equal skill giving both sides a fair chance to win.

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618
    Options

not sure about the 'minority' part, every time i get to red ranks there are these kinds of survivors literary every game

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
    Options

Don't come here and tell us what WE are OBLIGED to do. We play what we want when we want. If a killer stops killing because survivors strong that means killer is bad. Easy. Dont be bad and we can get faster que times

• Clueless
    Clueless Member Posts: 340
    Options

lol no

• Chinanumawaaan
    Chinanumawaaan Member Posts: 131
    Options

the issue is perks. playing killer and starting out is a brutally punishing experience. there simply needs to be more incentive to want to play killer.

If you want to transition to killer from survivor then it has to be made easier. If you prestige a killer you should be rewarded. P1 = all perks you have unlocked across your account should be given at rank 1. P2, the same but you get perks at rank 2, and P3, all at max rank.

This way you can bank on survivor and spend in killer with an incentive to beat the really ######### RNG of the bloodweb. This will also likely see a reduction in some perks like NOED as killers will actually have options for perks. NOED plagues low ranks. This is not killers fault, they simply have NOTHING else worth using when starting out.

Also reduce the cost of purchasing killer characters.

GIVE PLAYERS A REASON TO WANT TO PLAY KILLER!

• DFP
    DFP Member Posts: 156
    Options

Hahahaha, man alive, wouldn't it be nice if we got more killers and more sportsmanship around here? Anyways, pass that pipe, I need it for the Killer headache.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582
    Options

Ngl, I like playing killer, but most of the time when I boot up the game, it's to play with friends in a goofy SWF. We'll play together to relax and have fun- plus, with how long Survivor queues are, we can do some D&D and other stuff while waiting.

I'll still play some Killer, but there are just other things I want to play more, or other things I want to do more when I play solo then play DBD. Both roles are still really great and fun to play though, and they are both enjoyable with equally fun and crappy moments on both ends.