Do people still want a FNAF chapter?

A while ago there was a lot of hype about people wanting a FNAF chapter but since then nobody has ever really spoke about it. So my question is do people still want a FNAF chapter, and if you do or don't why?

Comments

• EpicBigBrain
    EpicBigBrain Member Posts: 177

yeh I feel the same way, I dont want it so much id beg for it but it would still be really cool if they did it!

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334
    edited January 2021

I feel that Five nights is marketed towards kids. This game is not supposed to be kid friendly. I get that certain characters in Freddy's would fit lore wise, but i think if I wanted a kid friendly killer in the game I would go with: "Choke a bit*h Elmo"

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

I want it, but i also understand it may be too hard to fit in

• EpicBigBrain
    EpicBigBrain Member Posts: 177

honestly just depends on how well they could make it. Although FNAF is targeted towards slightly younger audiences, I still sh*t myself when I try and play it

• JustAnotherAnon
    JustAnotherAnon Member Posts: 79

I'm all for it personally, I feel like Springtrap (Killer), Micheal Afton (Survivor) and Fazbear's Fright (Map) would make decent additions to Dead by Daylight. Only trouble I could see them running into is the character backstories for each of them considering FNAF puts a lot of focus on mystery and lore-solving.

I think the hype around it happened because of the Silent Hill Chapter announcement reminding everyone that horror games aren't off the table when it comes to crossover chapters, since it's been quite a while since the SH chapter was released, the hype died down. It also doesn't help that it gets brought up frequently and 80% of the time the thread spirals into a massive argument on whether or not FNAF "deserves" to be in DBD.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

I would say, that FNAF is more messed up then most Goosebumps books. And the "For kids" things goes away quickly when you consider one game has a guy traped in a suit who more or less gutted himself in it by mistake cause he is killing kids to stick them into robots to figure out how to make immortality.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Yup, I would love it just as much as I’d like any other licensed. I’d like it because of just how unique a FNAF/Springtrap chapter could be both in look and gameplay wise. Though, I’ll say this but, I think it would work much better as a paragraph then a full chapter.

• No thank you

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 228

I would want it for the map alone... I just think it would be a cool idea having another indoor map being a pizzeria or something. Idk it's nice to have a variety instead of forset or outside. Just me though.

• horrortale_sans
    horrortale_sans Member Posts: 651

yes i want to know what they will do with the power

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I don't want one. And I'm tired of explaining why lol

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

While it's not something i'm hoping for it would be pretty cool if it happened and i'd more than likely buy it as I enjoyed the FNAF games.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

Yea, bring the whole damn circus to DbD.

No, I don't want them. It's already frustrating enough that we have crappy mori animations with no gore at all. Even Fallout 3 was more brutal than this.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

the vast majority of players dont want this to happen and they would riot against it.

what im trying to say is, dont say "people" when you really just mean yourself, its a fox news tactic that way too many use.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Still haven’t seen a valid reason why it shouldn’t be added..

i never played a Fnaf game nor have I any interest in it. And I definitely don’t ask for it or demand it. But it fits the requirements for DbD just fine. The design team could make a perfect job with such a chapter with the info I gathered just in this forum...

• Airless
    Airless Member Posts: 156

I would love it, but I don't see it happening until all the old maps are updated. I don't think they are gonna make any new maps until the old realms get changed, and I really doubt that they would release Springtrap (the most likely candidate for the killer) without a Pizzaria map.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Absolutely, I would love for them to come out with something to hopefully help people understand that it was never intended for kids.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I don’t think they would make a licensed chapter without a new map just because to map reworks are being worked on right now.

the anniversary chapter for example will very likely bring a new map which is probably licensed and at that point they won’t be done with the old map reworks.

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

For me it's meh. I never cared for FNAF and always thought it was just silly. But I won't say "don't do it". For me it's just that... I don't care for it.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    edited January 2021

There wasn't a bunch of hype for it there was a handful of people who clearly organized to come here and "campaign" for it.

And I say that because most of the people who would not stop talking about it, getting into arguments over it and creating unnecessary new discussions about it were new accounts.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517

No

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

The truth is, I would not mind if it enters, but the problem is that many say that there is no way it fits, it is always the same term when they want to put in a killer of license.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    edited January 2021

I don't think it's a good license to have it's not scary and DBD doesn't need kids because it's that main target audience,the same could also be said for Chucky because people are done with the campy lines and killer dolls, even if it was a possessed doll you still be able to kick its ass ,I've heard alot of horror fans say their tierd of the doll trophs.In the end the Dev's probably have a set roaster in mind already.

• leviivel
    leviivel Member Posts: 277

Personally, if they do it right, I think it would be amazing, while I’m not the biggest fan of FNAF, the lore of it does entice me.

some people desperately don’t want FNAF in, I don’t really give a crap if FNAF get’s in. The only part that scares me is the FNAF community, not everyone in that community is a bright bird.

People also say FNAF is targeted towards kids, which is isn’t what I’d exactly say, yes, it’s more for a younger audience, but have you seen the lore? That is something no child should ever see nor read.

• Airless
    Airless Member Posts: 156

Are you not doing the exact same thing? How do you know the feelings of the entire community and what they want. Hell, most of the community is kids.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Or, at least, they can definitely act like children sometimes sadly. :/