Been trying for over an hour to get the "break 15 gens/pallets in one match" challenge

At first I wasn't getting enough win or lose, so I started kicking every gen I saw and took enduring and brutal to and disrespect every pallet, get the drops and smash them....

and I actually can't do it. Every game all 5 gens are done before I reach 15.

Not sure what I'm meant to do? the survivors don't give me enough time lmao and I've got them dropping pallets early too.

The absolute state of this game in 2021

Comments

• Mendax
    Mendax Member Posts: 130

I done this challenge for the Wraith on Pale Rose. I didn't chase survivors. Only gens.

• vladspellbinder
    vladspellbinder Member Posts: 320

Some of the challenges can be done via normal gameplay, it is just difficult.

However, nothing says you have to participate in "normal gameplay" when going for a challenge.

The way I've gotten a lot of the "in one game" Killer challenges is to be a "nice Killer", that means one who isn't attacking the Survivors. It can be a little hard to convey that you don't want to hurt people when you can't talk with them but a lot of times if you get someone in a chase and they run out into an open area and you run alongside them and then overtake them without taking the hit and just run backwards facing them most people will 'get' that you're not playing a normal game. If they stop running and just stand there looking at you don't take the hit, 'nod' by looking up and down and then lead them to a near by pallet if there is one, or to the closest gen. If they don't start working on the gen right away give it a hit with your weapon and if they don't stop working on the gen pick them up, drop them, kick the gen and pick them back up again, 'shaking' back and forth if they don't immediately start to struggle. That's how I got my "Damage the same gen five times" challenge done along with various other "in the same Trial" ones. I also do this if at least one BPS or Gateau has been offered up and turn a "normal game" into a "BP farming game" instead.

If you want to do the challenge the "intended" way, that is via "normal gameplay" then just never chase or hook anyone, which, really, also isn't "normal gameplay" but isn't as 'odd' as being a "Nice Killer". Just always chase Survivors off gens, don't chase, kick it and move on to the next one nearby. You can even just double back because most times a Survivors won't run too far from the gen they were just on if you don't chase them. That tends to only works a few times before they wise up and move on to another one though. Perks like Brutal Strength and Fire Up, later in the game, help here as does things like Discordance and Surveillance or any of the various other perks relating to gens.

I, to, struggled with a lot of these challenges until I cottoned on to the best ways to be a "Nice Killer" and have the Survivors work with me instead of against me in my main goal. Just be ready to de-pip, though I often at least safety-pip if I can get in one hook on everyone after having been "nice" for a long while and making it very obvious I'm just wanting one hook each by walking away from the hook after putting someone up there. Heck, often times I'll get Survivor volunteering to be hooked by standing in front of one and pointing at it over and over. I get my hooks for BP and other Survivors get their safe unhooks for BP, everyone wins.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2021

New meat plant if it goes live the way it is on PTB you can get that twice over in one game haha.

But yeah, just kick a lot of gens.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Not gonna lie, I farmed for that challenge. It's often the better choice to not kick a pallet and to mind-game it instead. Same for gens, base regression is so low you might as well not kick if you don't have a gen perk. So like you said, win or lose you end up not kicking stuff that often.

So I said screw it, played Pig with a Bloody Party Streamer, and helped my fellow Survivors fix some gens. I encourage you to do the same 🐷

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,144

I put on Brutal Strength, Surveillance, Discordance, and possibly Enduring for this challenge. Surveillance was the big winner in the bunch, but they're all useful towards getting it. Just get to a gen, kick it, see it turn yellow three seconds after you start walking away, go back and kick it again, repeat ad nauseam. Breaking pallets when you can is good, too, but I think I focused as much as I could on kicking gens. Too many survivors would try to loop instead of just throwing the damn pallet down, and if they did that then screw 'em, I'm done with them for the match. (I was already obviously throwing the game by focusing on kicking gens.)

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

The challenge I found quite easy tbh. The best way to do it is bring Clown with Brutal, Spirit Fury, Enduring and Corrupt. Make sure you also bring the map Hawkins since it has a lot of pallets.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

The key to doing this challenge isn't smashing your way through everything asap. You can't kick things if the Survivors haven't given you things to kick. On the flip side though, you can't kick anything once the game is over. Winning too fast or losing too fast both can spell doom for your challenge attempt, so you need a long game. The method I found to do this in a normal, non farming game, is to play in such a way that drastically slows down the Survivors but almost can't snowball out of control.

More specifically, I used Stealth Slinger. M&A + Marshall's Badge = 12m TR while you are aiming down sights. Add in Surveillance and Nurse's Calling so you know where to be and one other perk I forgot (sloppy maybe?) and be more than willing to Spear and Stab people and leave. With that, you have the perfect setup for making the Survivors downright paranoid at all times. You keep practically showing up out of no where so nobody's going to want to do Gens injured, but injuring them off your spear takes them out of the game for over 30s. Gives you plenty of time to go kick their gen and then find them again or somebody else. On the flip side, just about everything Deathslinger does is already slow and approaching a gen you know someone is on while holding ADS makes it worse so unless the Survivors play exceptionally poorly, you aren't going to kill them quickly. That should give you the long, kind of grindy game that this challenge requires.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

What the hell is difficult about that? Just make sure the survs understand you want "farming" by luring them to pallets and they will happily drop them on you, so you can break them. Rinse and repeat.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

I did it by farming with survivors, i equipped Spirit fury - enduring, brutal strenght and bbq for some extra bp and i started hitting every pallet i saw. I did it first try and got 90k bp from that match, good enough for me :p

Just find a survivor who is willing to farm and you are gtg

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

Don’t make the mistake of using Ruin, otherwise you won’t be kicking anything until late in the game, if at all. You might might get potatoes that won’t do bones.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited January 2021

just play demo, leatherface, or billy. survivors drop pallets early against these killers pretty often and you can destroy them quickly which suits your challenge.

• Because between kicking gens and kicking pallets that survivors dropped, the game is over before I can even reach 15. The gens are literally too fast for me to even hit 15 kicks.

Guess I'm gonna have to hope they want to farm.

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229

Is very simple farm EZ PZ

• wojtech
    wojtech Member Posts: 192

I did it with Wraith with speed addons.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Play the game offering

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905

I got this as clown one game as 3 gens right next to each other on auto haven 3 gen start easy contro ah good times I got 3 k from it thanks to warden endgaming 2 of them

• snax9111
    snax9111 Member Posts: 67

just farm bro

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    edited January 2021

Did it as wraith 1st attempt, in ironworks of misery

• druggedpug69
    druggedpug69 Member Posts: 155

I just farmed for it tbh

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I burnt a hawkins offering and got it done in one match. Clown with chlorophobia, sloppy, distressing and brutal. I did literally nothing but slug and kick the gens survivors could not resist tapping over and over. It sucked for everybody.

Sometimes when I play doctor people go out of their way to drop every pallet on the map when not in chase. It's bizzare.

• hardtimefun
    hardtimefun Member Posts: 293

I got it first try by making it obvious to the survivors that's what i was doing, and as a thank you for helping me completing it i hooked them twice and all let them go, a favor for a favor, make it obvious it's what you want

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

smack a gen and farm with survivors

then go off and stand in a corner

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Find some survivors who want a gen real bad and kick then leave.

Just repeat like you're a bad killer.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Use Blight with endfury, compound 33 and a Hawkins offering and you'll get it in no time.