Killers - I dont feel sorry for you

So, today I had time for 3 games. I wanted to make the best of it, since there is Bloodrush and I need BPs.. I figured I would make at least 1 challenge. Currently rank 3 on PC.

Challenge: Get a great result on 10 skill checks. Easy, or so I believed.

Game 1 - Trapper. Made 2 great, then tunneled to death through 3 hooks. The team made it out and noone else got hooked cause I held the killer the whole game.

Game 2 - Doctor. Made another 2 great, then tunneled. Dead on my 2nd hook because of my teammates stood in the corner and self caring and healing each other. Also risky save with no BT.

Game 3 - Huntress. Made the rest of my great skill checks (thank god). Yet, tunneled of the hook and dead on 2nd hook again.

I hate toxicness, I never spam the flashlight or teabag or anything.

Killers, why??

I read so much about toxic survivors being a problem, but I really dont feel sorry when Im being threated this way. I see toxic killers more often than toxic survivors. Is it just me?

Thanks for a good evening fellow gamers, not.

Comments

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707

Yes this might be it.

Normally I don’t meet a lot of toxicity, but tonight was just awful.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707

I know, I know.

Usually the game is fine. Tonight was just unlucky I guess.

Maybe the blood rush is causing it..

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Luck of the draw I guess, I've just played 5 survivor games in a row and didn't see any tunneling really

• GraveHunter
    GraveHunter Member Posts: 328

This. When a BP event is in, it brings the worse out of some people.

• bkn
    bkn Member Posts: 228

is tunneling considered to be toxic now?

• LegionOfDumb
    LegionOfDumb Member Posts: 623

Tunneling normally doesn't get a lot of blood points, but during events that increase it, its seen as an easy way of getting blood points without trying that hard

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

Categorizing an entire community based on a few individuals is called stereotyping and isn't very cash money

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,798

I'd recommend trying out Self Care and This Is Not Happening, OP. I needed 12 to finish a challenge the other day and I got them all in one game :D

• WretchedElk
    WretchedElk Member Posts: 311

I do sometimes think, if the gen speeds were slower, and they weren’t popping constantly pressuring the killer, or if the matchmaking was more consistent they might not resort to such lousy tactics to try and win.

I could be totally wrong though.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    edited January 2021

Are you the type of guy that travels to USA, gets robbed by three guys and then ask the whole population "Americans why???"..really?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2021

Only the first one even sounds like you were tunnelled. Tunneling is an act of pettiness not base gameplay.

The rest sounds more like awful teammates rather than a toxic killer.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517

And I don’t feel sorry for you.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,798
    edited January 2021
  • oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,310

It happens, best to just remember any obnoxious experience you encounter is because of obnoxious players and nothing more, nothing less. Not even obnoxious killers or survivors, but the individual human being behind the screen.

And little tip for the challenge you're talking about in the future if you want to make sure to get it.. if you have it, equip Stake Out 😄. Free great skillchecks for days unless you go against a sneaky killer.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

You are blaming the killer when you literally just gave examples of terrible play by your team.

This is a classic example of Survivors literally blaming the Killer for everything.

• jerm0007
    jerm0007 Member Posts: 5

Never feel sorry for them. They can suck all trial and run noed and still ruin the game for half a team.

• jerm0007
    jerm0007 Member Posts: 5

Doesn’t change the behavior regardless of why he was found first.

• offwhiteknight
    offwhiteknight Member Posts: 172

That's an unfortunate string of luck, but switch to killer. That's every day, 2/3 games. Tbags, emotes, stupid...stupid...seriously, stupid post-game chat, etc. I used to never run NOED, but I've started doing it just to make sure the survivors leave the game when they are better than me.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

It's just odd that they are always found first in every situation. If another survivor got caught in any of these instances they be the ones camped/tunnel. What are the odds that they are always the one found first? Maybe there's improvement needed to avoid being the first down.

• GbyeDinah
    GbyeDinah Member Posts: 42

I play both killer and survivor and see a lot of rediculous behavior. Teammates teabagging teammates and killers standing in my face the entire time. Not sure why so many players like this are out but they are! Makes it real fun. I agree w you

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Yes, it´s just you. There are far more toxic survivors than killers. I even see them, when i play survivor.

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

2nd game kinda sounds like your teams fault. What map was it on

• Souplet
    Souplet Member Posts: 345
    edited January 2021

Because tunneling is the best strategy to actually win a game as a killer

Too often i play softly with survivors, going to the other side of map chasing somebody else when i hook someone, leaving them be. But hey, after 8 hooks and everyone dead on hook, you still lose.

SO yeah, as long as gens goes this fast, tunneling is the best option we got to actually win games against good survivors.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

I wish everyone that blames the killer for tunnelling can actually realise most of the time it’s their teammates’ fault rather than the killer, just like you

I mostly play as killer, so when I play as survivor I can see that most of the time it is my teammates’ fault.

Hope you have a great day playing this game.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

This... I'm taking a break because of it. It really is a shame.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176

Your teammates are part of the problem. I agree, it does suck when it happens but its not like you cant make it more difficult for the tunneling killer.

Had a Pyramid Head matchup a day or two ago, killer found our Dwight within 30 seconds, by the time he was caught, we were down to 1 gen. Unhooked him, tried to heal him but killer came back immediately and the race was on again. We'd stand between Dwight and the killer and this guy would legit just go past us, all he wanted was the Dwight. So the other 2 and I all noticed the tunneling, and we all kicked into high gear to help.

Right when the killer would be about to catch the Dwight, we'd get behind and take the hit for him. We all did this, rotating turns, not just one of us. We were all solo players too but it felt good to be on the same wavelength and realize the situation. After 3 protections, Dwight lost him, I healed him up this time. We finished remaining gen and powered gates, but as that happened our Jeff went down and got hooked near the other side of the map. Killer decided to camp. I tried to do what I could, unhooked him even though killer was circling and just waiting for the double tap. He goes down again, I get injured. Then our feng goes in to save him, again Jeff goes down and rehooked. At this point, all 3 of us are injured and Jeff cant be saved with the time he had left and killer knew we were all near by so he decided to push us out/go for another kill. Me and the Dwight barely get to the exit gates in time and he pushes both me and him out. He gets Feng and she dies on 1st hook b/c last one alive.

RIP Jeff and Feng. We all felt good at the end though and end game chat was not kind to the killer. It just so happened that the Jeff had BT but he was the target after killer lost Dwight so saving him was near impossible with a camping Pyramid Head ready to double tap on unhook. It was a really satisfying game just the simple fact we all knew we made the killer have a harder time and we saved Dwight who ran him for 4 gens.

• jrinkwater
    jrinkwater Member Posts: 314

The amount of people bombing hooks for the stacks or just to have altruism cause they didn't do ######### else is... sad. And often forces a killer to return to the hook because it's done 2 seconds after they leave or right in their face

So many players cry tunneling, which can obviously be valid, when it's a perfectly reasonable killer call or isn't actually that. If I know one particular survivor is leagues better than the rest at looping, I am going to tunnel that mfer. But many times in a SWF they will do all sorts of stupid and cocky plays to rescue their friend or flashlight/hook bomb without BT... OH YEA, you are getting tunneled. Why? Cause the group is trying to abuse all the bad game design (when they can just wait 5 seconds when I leave) to save you and now I just want to ruin your fun and the team vibe. Plus hey, I need to make it a 1v3 so I can actually enjoy those kind of games