edited January 2021 in General Discussions

I know f13 did this but could a proximity chat be s possibility in dbd

Would be optional

It has a range of 32m and yes the killer can hear you

Post edited by onemind on

Comments

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

Imma be honest. I tried advocating for ingame voice. I was met with hell noes. So it lead me to believe solo survs just wanna complain about the game instead of opting into communication.

• Boddy604
    Boddy604 Member Posts: 183

It wouldn't even need to be proximity. Just let survivors talk to each other without xbox party chat/discord/etc.

Every shooter made has this built in & you cant tell me the DBD community is any more toxic than the CoD or Overwatch ones are.

Tbh even with voice chat, there's usually still only one or two ppl even using it anyways.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,763

Most agree solo is in need of the most loving, but there seems to be no agreement as to how to best help.

Some want debuffs applied to SWF, like penalties and perk restrictions (looking at you Object and DS) to balance things some and lessen the potential coordination. There is also a few who either want SWF in a separate queue or still insist the ability to SWF at all be abolished. Since the devs heavily resist splitting the playerbase or punishing anyone I doubt any option i gave here is ever adopted.

Others seek to give solos more info and ability to coordinate with each other more, like Kindred and/or Bond or Empathy made basekit, totem counters, and what OP suggests a voice option. These would require buffing killers moderately if chosen.

Imo voice is the way to go, as it is more likely to be acceptable to the devs than any other method, be it a party chat or by proximity. If just proximity I have no idea how they could enforce it at all though (they couldn't on Xbox for instance).

So a global chat is the choice left I'd say. The problem of non-English speakers is very real as others have pointed out.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

There's already been a solution/compromise that most ppl have pointed out. A ping type system where you can ping other players stuff like killer is here, I need healing, gen almost done, come here, etc.

• Never know, that could be something they could add with the new UI. There is more room in the upper left corner for something like that to pop up then the bottom left corner with everything else jammed down there.