Hit Validation System. Is it even noticeable?

My ping is 40 ms, the amount of unfair hits did not change at all.

I still get a lot of hits through dropped pallets, when I am 1 meter away from windows, etc.

Devs, what are you doing? The result of your job that took a while barely has any effects.

Comments

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    edited January 2021

So the best solution would be to fix or get a better server right? Wouldn't that help with bad hits?

• daggersnight
    daggersnight Member Posts: 119

Not noticeable at all. Still get hit from the first floor by a killer swinging out the window on the second floor. I just have come to accept that any vault is going to be a 99% hit for the killer.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

😂

I just made a post about this yesterday asking the same question.

The problem is that both with killer and survivor, the person who has the worse connection will gain the advantage.

Now I'm not the person who would do it, tho I'm something am seriously considering trying to get a very bad connection too so I get a bit more fair games for once

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

No, it does nothing. You can VPN to another continent and test is for yourself. You won't have a single hit denied even if you get massive ping.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305

I'm not an expert of course, and this is purely speculation, but I would say the ping at which hit validation activates is probably too high. Killers with ping that isn't necessarily awful but still isn't at all good can still get away with some pretty questionable hits as everyone has been saying.

It probably just needs some more testing to find the optimal cut off point.

• Erasox
    Erasox Member Posts: 230

Nope. I tested in kyf high ping killer vs low ping survivor on my screen the pallet is dropped but not on killer side. I try some crazy things and even with 600 ping the killer can hit you normally without noticeable difference but on survivor side the hit comes really late depending on killers ping.. That's why we all getting bs hits. And the game is never programmed for dedicated server. And thats why will dead hard never working or rarely even when they programming this perk from the scratch.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

I still take hits when I'm well clear of a dropped pallet and when I'm well clear of a window. not to mention the hits I take when the killer is facing away from me.

The hit validation is getting worse.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

For me it just made things worse, as survivor I am getting even more bullshit hits than before, especially against Huntress, and as killer things have not changed that much, besides that sometimes my shots as deathslinger just don't register.

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444

In their defense I found way less lag switchers or just didn't notice them since they turned it on, but I did have a game where I hit a Nancy standing at a pallet 3x before the pallet was dropped on me and she disappeared fully healed(was injured) (and no it wasn't me because my internet was the first thing I checked still at stable 30ms)

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600

Even if you and killer both have decent ping killer can hit the air 1 meter behind your back thanks to dedicated servers. Nothing can be done about that, really.

So you better accept that hits in this game will always be moreless unfair. Even with more strict hit validation.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I certainly notice it, I can't get max range lunges any more, which makes a lot of once-playable pallets impossible. Averaging 70 ping, by the way, but getting screwed over because most survivors are closer to the servers than I am.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

The funny part is that they know Hit Validation doesn't work. They took it down within 6 hours of it going live the last time they announced it and then reimplemented it with their only announcement being a reply to a post 6 days later. They just don't want to acknowledge that it still doesn't work.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

Nope. Russians still hit me 10 meters away and nod at me when they down me

• Dennis_van_eijk

Nah I don't think we should accept it at all as they know it is just terrible.

I said it before and I keep saying it, they should have a talk with ubisoft about it because they had the same problem with rainbow six siege.

They worked about it and found a solution to make it more fair.

There it is now the opposite of dbd, worse ping will have a disadvantage over good pings.

Having a ping of 500 and up for i believe 30s?

The game will kick you out automatically.

If bhvr manage to do that than the game would be much more enjoyable because there are way less bogus hits or hits that should have landed but didn't

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

Sometimes I don't think it works, sometimes I think it does. My ping is usually around 40-60ms, depending on the location I connect to (Frankfurt or London). Sometimes killers still hit me from further away, but not like they did before. I still have do adapt if I verse a killer from eastern Europe or similar distance.

Yet yesterday, I versed a Blight who should have hit me in a pallet during his rush, but somehow I stunned him and didn't get hit. He was almost as confused as myself.

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600
    edited January 2021

They won't turn hit validation into player validation if they have even a slightest bit of sanity.

Their net code probably could be better, however, I really doubt that they will remake it, because it's BHVR, they have 100 3d designers and two programmers hiding in the closet.

• Erasox

The biggest problem is more the killer client-side detection they must change to server-side. Yes not all bs hits resolved but many. After pallet vault getting grabbed is annoying but i must say that was even possible in p2p days..

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

I have a question. I got a suggestion here to look at pings during a trial. What am I to do when my ping is between 30 and 50 in the waiting lobby, and then during the trial, it's in triple digits due to killer ping? I can't DC at that point without penalty. How can that be fixed? Do the devs have to overhaul the servers? This happens quite a bit.

• Dennis_van_eijk

Unfortunately it isn't killer sided.

If it was than I wouldn't have any problems as killer.

I've played vs survivor from the Arabics and they were from 250 ping all the way up to 800 ping.

I was running against them in a straith line expecting they had dead hard but they didn't, so i went for the swing and it never register.

So yeah unfortunately it just goes to whoever has the worse ping who gets the advantage

• Dennis_van_eijk

Yeah i don't expect them to rework it, tho it would be way better for them.

As it shows that they are capable of doing it and show a good interest in the whole community.

They should either rework/adjust it or go back to p2p.

p2p was not great, but way better than the garbage they created right now

• Erasox

Hits are killer client-side but many times like what you say it works or not. I saw that many times on my friend hits are registered or not even when they really really close to them. It's 50/50. I think the killer cone or detection is broken. Survivor with high ping doesn't see thinks like you for this guys the game runs normally. Play on a server where you have a high ping and survivor and you will see the difference..trust me.

• wojtech
    wojtech Member Posts: 192

Have you tried vault a window like 2-3 meters before the window, sometimes it works for me.