Survivors should have their own abilities

Jarmendo
Jarmendo Member Posts: 19
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

They don't need to be busted or OP they could just be dumb things like each survivor has one of their perks built into them or something so there is a reason to play Quentin or Laurie. Survivor just feels boring and there isn't any individual identity for each survivor besides being a skin.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Unironicalygoth
    Unironicalygoth Member Posts: 175

Agreed I need ash to say cheeky voice lines when chase is initiated

• Jarmendo

Exactly, something even as dumb as this that i love the idea of. Just something fun for each character

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

I would be ok if it was cheesy voice lines like David would say is that all ye ave

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

I've always wanted this but it's a pipe dream unfortunately. I'm sure they could do it but they probably won't since they aren't motivated enough to innovate new ideas. That's the same reason we don't have secondary/alternate objectives or new gamemodes or new items or literally anything to do besides hold m1 for 80 seconds

• FlanFan
    FlanFan Member Posts: 17

I think the survivors need to have unique voice lines like other people said.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

I would love it if survivors had their own abilities because that would make each different survivor unique, But the only problem is that it might make the game super unbalanced (With perks and addons).

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

It's too late for the game to go the route of giving unique survivor abilities. It would hurt the balance tremendously. But I wouldn't mind some voice lines.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

The devs have said a while back that they had no plans to give survivors any abilities (outside of perks and items) as they didn't want survivor to feel pay to win and people to feel dissapointed that they P3 50d a character only for their ability to be disappointing.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited January 2021

Some voiceover would be great!

I don’t know how complex it could get but I think it would be great if they happened during certain actions.

Meg says something like “Making a run for it!” When fast vaulting a window.

-OR-

”I got you!” When taking a hit for another survivor.

As you can see these are very specific scenarios, when the killer can obviously see what’s going on. You wouldn’t want your voice-over to give away your location if say you were healing next to the killer without being noticed.

Just a thought.

• NotACompPlayer
    NotACompPlayer Member Posts: 193

simple extra customisation that doesnt affect gameplay could be okay, but something like meg runs 1% faster or nea recovers from stagger 10% faster will just make players use the same surv.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

We've been asking for this for a long time but it's not something on the road map.

I don't like the idea of voice overs though doesn't match the aesthetic of the game and sounds pretty lame.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

They should have different idle animations and maybe some voice lines for key moments of the match but nothing else.

I’d rather not have to play Laurie so I could run ds built in with other meta perks

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Incorporate the lobby animations as idle animations and give each survivor their own emote

Feng making the peace sign, David bumping his fist into the other hands palm, Quentin yawning or almost falling asleep.

some of those may be interpreted as being toxic but to be fair, it wouldn’t be that much of a difference to current shared emotes or teabagging.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

This!

nobody talks about this, anywhere

especially here on the forums

this is the one thing that actually pissed me off about Dead By Daylight from the first time I played survivor and realized that they were all just different looking skins, and it still bothers me.

Make them unique and worthwhile.

• wildtrapjake
    wildtrapjake Member Posts: 68

Each survivor should have one individual unteachable perk. Only claudette's can self care. Only bills can borrowed time. Only David's can dead hard etc..

This combined with only allowing one of each survivor in a lobby would force more coordination into your team.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

absolutely not,

do you have any idea how many consequences will be attached to this?

Players will mostly only play a handful of survivors, those with the strongest build-in abilities, thats it.

A HUGH part of the game is not knowing that the other side uses, with this a killer knows always what to expect.

YOU make YOUR survivor unique, you make your Quentin toxic, altruisitic, balanced, speedy, whatever you want, its YOUR Quentin, be a damn individual.

Honestly this reads like that modern breed of gamer who needs to ask youtubers etc "what is good" instead of trying and testing stuff for themselves.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

I think this could be cool. Giving each survivor a very small bonus to a certain thing could add some more character to them.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

The game is already suffering from unbalanced killers, as cool as it would be, unbalanced survivors are the last thing this game needs. Even if they are small buffs.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,480
    edited January 2021

Well we already saw what would happen if the devs would introduce a secondary objective with ruin undying and survivors complained until it stopped existing so my guess is secondary objectives won't work in this game. Maybe alternative objectives are the better idea

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

Why? killers have their abilities and the balance is about all of them. I don't know why devs don't give them, it will bring more people to the game.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

Killer rate is 65-75%. Second objective only make this bigger, that's the problem. We want more objectives, but you would need to nerf killers.

• Olokun
    Olokun Member Posts: 266

The answer is No .

Why ? Because most ppl will play only the Meta Char & will be a survivor nerf

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,480

Survivor bell curve of skill is shifted to the left, that isn't on killers thats on survivors for being not that good at the game / good survivors solo queued with not so good survivors

• Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 207

If it was something actually useful (making good combos with certain perks), then grinding increases even more. We don't want that.

• Jarmendo

but everyone mainly plays the most powerful killer, no variety in that

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

No thank you, I've dealt with enough four man blendette squads. Let's not give survivor selection its own meta

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

This is a bad idea. One survivor will be the most OP at anyone time. Just imagine 4 Lauries because they auto get DS free or maybe 4 bills because they get BT free.

Killers would be at a disadvantage every game.