The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DS situation

how do you think its normally when survivors abuse 1 situation with DS.For example survivor was unhook and DS timer start but when he understand and see that can't run from killer and survivor run to locker that use DS.

ur thought about this?

Comments

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,495
    edited January 2021

Trying to clarify for them. "Survivor gets unhooked and sees the killer coming back and immedately jumps into a locker. Should lockers allow ds especially when they jump into the locker in my face?" (In my opinion most of the times i still go after the unhooker but it slightly annoys me when a survivor repeatedly jumps into a locker in my face waving ds around like a shield but idk if disabling it while in locker is good either)

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,495

And if you chase 2 survivors and hook them then find that survivor on a gen and they jump into a locker and ds you? Was it justified then?

• Generalmahler
    Generalmahler Member Posts: 29

When playing killer and i cant find the unhooker im gladly eat a DS before getting nothing just for being nice..

Blendettes...

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

No of course not. That's why DS should be changed to deactivate when another survivor is hooked.

The situation that I am describing and what OP seem to be describing is pure tunneling. Its not different then downing the recently unhooked survivors and picking them up.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

In solo lobbies most times a survivor will be unhooked as a killer is carrying/hooking another survivor, killer then heads straight back to down the recently unhooked survivor. If that survivor is running DS it immediately would deactivate due to timing.

• dspaceman20

That should be it. The fact that the killer hooked another survivors means they did not tunnel. And The fact that the survivors did not unhook there teammate in time, is on the team not on the killer.

• bm33

It means killer didn't camp, it doesn't mean the killer isn't tunneling.

• dspaceman20

I think the problem that arise here is the definition of tunneling. My change seems to deal with pure tunneling, which is tunneling the survivors that just got off the hook without chasing and downing another survivor. I'm not sure if what your describing is pure tunneling.

• dspaceman20

I don't agree though. If the survivors has been unhooked and the killer did not chase any other survivor but them and downed them, the killer tunneled them correct. The fact that they entered the locker or not doesn't matter. The killer still tunneled and therefore the stun was justified.

• dspaceman20
    edited January 2021

If you aren't chasing them then what's the problem? It shouldn't matter weather or not they went into a locker. If they are in a locker then they are not on a gen which works out in your favor. So again whats the problem?

• bm33

In my scenario the survivor is immediately chased and downed after being unhooked. Whether another survivor took too long to unhook doesn't matter, the killer is still going straight after the survivor that was just unhooked. If you make DS deactivate in this scenario you will get many more hook suicides when survivors see another get downed while they're on a hook.

Instead of killer hooks another survivor it should be the unhooked survivor does something like totem, gen, get healed, search chest, etc. If they're able to stop and do something then they're not being tunneled and DS should deactivate then.

• dspaceman20

Then to fix that all you would need to do is make 1 of 3 changes

1. To shorten the timer but pause it when being chased.

2. Deactivates when someone else is hooked

3. Deactivate when doing an objective.

Making DS deactivate if a person goes into a locker would overnerf the perk with shuts down legitimate cases of tunneling. Which is bad.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392

Going into a locker is fine. The killer is still trying to tunnel. DS is only a problem when survivors abuse it. Like when they sit on a gen in the killers face because the killer's only choice is to slug. Or when survivors rush in to save people off hook while DS is active.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

DS imo should deactivate when you do anything to progress the game.

Gens, totems, healing up, unhooking, protection hits, sabo.

This means anyone who wants to keep DS for 60s is doing nothing giving the killer more time to pressure the others. The chances of that happening aren't high and most will lose it not long after if not being tunneled.

Lockers need to stay as is to combat being slugged along with possibly the DS timer not going down since its not something anyone should want to be used more.

• twistedmonkey

It has to be a situation where you would earn a protection hit scoring event.

Technically you can't say the killer is tunneling going after an unhooked person and you get in there way to protect them.

• TrevorLahey93
    TrevorLahey93 Member Posts: 170

Reminder that DS will NEVER be nerfed. This is because survivors make BHVR the most money and nerfing DS will lose them massive PROFITS

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

I feel like punishment for doing the objective is not a good change. That would cause survivors to not work on the objective to save their perk which guarantees the win for the killer where it is already in their favor, a reason why killers want these conditions so their job is easier than it already is. Nothing should ever deactivate a perk such as DS. Doing the objective doesn't deactivate sprint burst, neither should a 1-time use perk.

If you have something in your hand to use to break free from the killer, the killer shouldn't dictate when it is used.

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638

I mean.

If he JUST got unhooked and you immediately chase after him, then it’s understandable as to why he would hop in a locker.

I don’t know if that’s the question, but there’s my answer.

• twistedmonkey
    edited January 2021

Its not punishment its a choice to do these things when the other side is not playing in such a way that it is needed. If any survivor tries to keep it they are already lowering the the odds of escape and most now use it offensively which isn't intended and why its being looked at.

DS should be something to dissuade the killer from just chasing only you as a survivor.

If the killer isn't going after the same survivor and gets hit with DS then its more of a punishment to them.

Why should a survivor be able to do half a gen and still punish the killer with DS?

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

That is still a perfect world scenario, but in reality it will still cause survivors not to do anything to save their perk. A ghostface can hide and wait for them to touch a gen or heal and tunnel knowing the perk is gone. That's too many restrictions on a single use perk. If it is single-use it should be powerful and be dependable. It should not be like MoM or Power Struggle, where it has so many conditions to make it activate that it can't be used and never used. Nobody uses MoM unless they want to meme. Neither of these are ever used because they require too many conditions to activate. Unlike killers, the survivor side has very few useful perks that is helpful against a good rank 1 killer. Survivor perks also have too many conditions to activate compared to killers. Killers can pick 4 good meta perks and they are guaranteed to swing the match in their favor.

"Why should a survivor be able to do half a gen and still punish the killer with DS?"

The killer can still slug them and that causes a lot of strain on the team. Slugging is so strong killers slug even when DS is not even active.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited January 2021

That's a bad call and makes camping stronger. Sometimes you have to trade hooks with a survivor because of a camp or a killer who likes to drop everything to race back to the hook soon as he suspects someone is trying a save. Getting to deactivate their DS while still giving a real good chance of picking up their trail again to continue the tunnel is just bad.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

they would only lose sales on Laurie who is like €5. People buy cosmetics for the weakest killers like wraith or legion so I don’t think it will change anything

• twistedmonkey

Thats a very specific scenario and one which is easily countered by not instantly jumping on a gen or healing along with knowing your surroundings. You also have the the fact that if a killer does this they are losing pressure waiting for said survivor to heal or jump on a gen which good players will do and the others can then capitalize on it.

This is about removing the offensive side of DS while making it something to dissuade killers from going after them. It still does its job but each side has choices to make along with being more mindful on what is going on around them.

As for slugging this is not something anyone should want in the game as a go to strat as its not engaging gameplay for those in that position. Hence the DS timer would stop and start again once up.