Time invested and 2.0

Nanglaur
Nanglaur Member Posts: 124

I have invested more than 1000 hours on this game, and with the new update 2.0 im back to square 1 by having literally no level whatsoever. I understand this is problably a choice to prevent some players with too high level to have a hard time to find games. But there is no compensation or reward by the time invested. In the old times when they changed the bloodweb system they granted at least the Entity cosmetics, I dont understand why there is nothing similar, like giving some shards for time invested, or an unique cosmetic.

Comments

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

Everyone started oFF at 0 Shards when they were originally introduced. Don't see why this should be any diFFerent as this feature is new to all players so it's fair that everyone starts in the same place.

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

People always want new free stuff when a new update comes. Be happy the game is beeing updates holy #########...

• mortz
    mortz Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2018

"People always want free stuff".. Dude, if you have 1000 hours ingame why shouldnt you be rewarded for it?

Well, lets take Heroes of the Storm update 2.0 for example, they reworked their game by adding something similar like this. For every level you had before 2.0 was introduced, we got a reward for it AFTER the release of 2.0. It didnt matter if you started playing before 2.0 or after.

This game litterally is telling you that 2.0 is a fresh start and "we dont care that you have invested 1000 hours into it - invest 1000 more."

• Nanglaur
    Nanglaur Member Posts: 124

@Shadoureon said:
    People always want new free stuff when a new update comes. Be happy the game is beeing updates holy #########...

Im not asking for "Free Stuff", I use some examples like the old bloodweb system. Iim asking for something that tells me that investing 1000 hours more than a player is worth of something. Someone say everyone starts at 0, yeah but Im not starting at 0, Im at 1000 hours of gameplay, I just think that getting down to level 1 like someone who has 0 hours of gameplay is just unfair and it shows me that my time is worth nothing on the game.

I dont care about what they give, I care about the value that my time means for the game.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Nanglaur said:

@Shadoureon said:

Im not asking for "Free Stuff", I use some examples like the old bloodweb system. Iim asking for something that tells me that investing 1000 hours more than a player is worth of something. Someone say everyone starts at 0, yeah but Im not starting at 0, Im at 1000 hours of gameplay, I just think that getting down to level 1 like someone who has 0 hours of gameplay is just unfair and it shows me that my time is worth nothing on the game.

I dont care about what they give, I care about the value that my time means for the game.

This is reasonable imo. If you support a game for a long time you don’t want to be on the same level as a new player when they make a big change to said game and the fact that other games have rewarded their older players could make it feel even worse for those who have been with this game since the beginning.
  • ShowMeUrBirb
    ShowMeUrBirb Member Posts: 63
    edited June 2018

If they would give people level according to their playtime, people would whine that they lost the "easy" iridescent shards from lower levels.
    And player level doesn't do anything other than giving you iridescent shards when you level up.

In my opinion it's fine.