A reminder that Head On is still the most disgusting, abusable SWF perk to date!!!

TheClownIsKing
TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I really hate this perk.

I hate it a lot.

I don’t care about DS.

I don’t care about Unbreakable.

But Head On needs to be deleted because of the absurd, disgusting ways SWF on comms can abuse the ######### hell out it.

You truly can’t understand how abysmal it is to deal with a constant barrage of coordinated Head On stuns until you come across a team doing this to you yourself.

Every chase? Interrupted.

Every down and pick up? Saved by a Head On stun.

“oH bUt aT LeAsT tHeY’Re NoT dOiNg GeNs!” It doesn’t matter. If every chase takes an absurdly long time, and so many hooks are denied, then the survivors can take as long they please to do the damn gens.

Unless fortunate enough to down someone in an open area, Head On is infuriating.

The big problem with this perk in a SWF is that there’s no reasonable way for a killer to work around the perk during a chase or when picking someone up. Lockers are far far too numerous on some maps for a killer to be reasonably making sure to keep a good distance from EVERY locker during a chase.

And those god damn lockers at the foot of the basement. Jesus please, they need to go!!!

Anyway, rant over. Delete Head On so it can’t be abused by SWF anymore.

Comments

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

Have you heard of BT?

• TrevorLahey93
    TrevorLahey93 Member Posts: 170

Man swf survivor mains truly are the most vile toxic people ive ever seen in a gaming community. Absolutely disgusting.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

A team of SWF Head On'er's gives me major PTSD whenever I see a locker

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2021

Or when they take it with DS and waste both perks for no reason other than to DS you, jump in the locker, head on stun you, and then their comm friend to head on you from the other locker as soon as you take a step.

It's often used as a bully skill more than a useful one. I sure love trapper, try that against him I dare you haha.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

If a survivor is downed by a locker and you know at least one survivor has Head On, why wouldn't you just check the locker? After the first time it happens, that's on you.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,803

Yeah, the hitbox is really generous, and latency doesn't help. I don't think Head On is really a big deal in general, but it does suck to be cleanly by the locker and still eat a stun.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

This just makes me wonder why they took away Enduring's ability to reduce all stun time instead of just pallets, when several iterations of the perk actively included reducing stun time from perks specifically.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,770
    edited January 2021

Dude I got pinballed in that absurd row of like 9 lockers on Red Forest many many months ago. Cheeky Nea takes a hit and I foolishly follow her into that area, and take three Head-Ons in a row.

I rarely see or get hit with Head-On, mainly because I'm a bad killer around rank 13. But that experience that day might have inspired a post like this if I was on the Forum then.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited January 2021

I've run into Bully Squads before that like to take it. Largely I find it a convenient effort on their part to help me kill them. After the first Head On hits you, and it is clear what is going on, you can use it against them. And if you really want, Iron Maiden is getting a heck of a buff shortly. :)

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

Can I suggest a generic "gid gud" here?

This perk is bad, and you should feel bad for letting survivors making it work against you.

• Snowstruck
    Snowstruck Member Posts: 564

I know it's hard to deal with, but honestly.. just bait the locker, or avoid it.. If they are by a locker, either prompt the survivor in the locker to hop out by going up to it, or grab them out if they aren't prepared. It sucks, and yes- some lockers are unavoidable. But a majority of them are, and if not, it's easily stopped if you know how to.

• TheClownIsKing

I’m not talking about obvious stuff like that. I’m talking about accidentally passing by lockers when carrying someone to a hook.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

You can open the lockers if you feel you will be stunned by head on. It is really counterable once you know what they are doing.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176

I'll blame SWF rather than an individual perk, but you do you man. Perk is absolutely fine in solo play and nerfing stuff into the ground based on a sweaty SWF match is just wrong.

• TheClownIsKing

Sure...

I’ll just stop and open every locker mid chase and let the survivor I’m chasing run off...

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921

Disagree. Head-On can be annoying sometimes but IMHO it's nowhere near the power of Object Of Obsession in a SWF.

The only nerf I think Head-On needs is to have enduring reduce the stun maybe.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

The hitbox persists for as long as the animation plays out and for whatever reason it overrides melee attacks. Not sure about projectiles.

That may look buggy, but it always works like that and it's very consistent. It's just the way it was designed. Why? Because. You have to stay back until the animation is over and only after you lunge. Or, better still, instead of lunging you get close spamming space bar for when they jump back in.

Also, for whatever other reasons, it's the only exhaustion perk that doesn't make you exhausted by simply going for the activation trigger, i.e. fast vaulting out of the locker. You actually have to stun the killer. It makes no sense whatsoever, especially for devs who are obsessed with 'consistency'.

Back to the OP, I've gone against Head On squads. While it might be frustrating, they're very inefficient teams. They almost exclusively get away with it if the killer tilts. Which, to be fair, is probably the whole point of the strategy. Full meta perks are much stronger and by a long shot.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I'd rather play vs. a head on squad than one the stealths and does gens. Every time I've gone against one it's an easy win with a lot of memorable moments.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

If people are entering lockers to potentially aid in a chase, nothing is happening in the match. You are applying massive pressure and there is nothing to complain about.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

I love this perk, not using it but going against it because 90% of the time is a free hit and when playing huntress who I run iron maiden on its a jackpot

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    edited January 2021

It's annoying, but that's no matter. It's not OP and that's the marker for deletion. 

The typical saying of "fool me once" still applies. Learn to adapt (observe their patterns and plan accordingly), and if you keep giving them the opportunity to head on in a chase, then it's nobody's fault but yours. The three second stun is a measly sum, the hitboxes are ridiculous, and it's just a pretty terrible exhaustion perk. If you are insistent on making the same mistakes over and over again, take solace in the not insignificant fact that there's no gens being worked on.

Beyond that, using a perk is not "abuse." That's like saying you abuse ruin by chasing survivors off of gens and hooking them. They're playing the game as it is meant to be, and if you don't like it, you can play Nea to still enjoy the killer experience.

• TheClownIsKing

As I explicitly stated, if hooks are being so frequently denied, or so many chases being frequently interrupted so that it takes forever before finally achieving downs, then it doesn’t matter how long it takes survivors to get gens done. If they can’t be killed, they’re effectively free to take as long as the please to finish repairs.

• TheClownIsKing

I think it’s a pretty damn big exploit if whenever someone is in a chase they’re being directed where to lead it so that they’re always going interrupted. Either I continue chasing the survivor that’s now gained distance, only to be head on again at another tile, or I chase who stunned me who is also going to lead me somewhere someone else can stun me and interrupt the chase.

You’re not getting it.

When it’s used across all 4 survivors with impeccable coordination and communication, getting an actual hit or down on anyone takes FOREVER.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    edited January 2021

An exploit is a deliberate abuse of a software vulnerability to gain unwanted and unauthorized access or benefit. Head on is specifically about stunning the killer, and that's precisely what it does. It's really useless in a 1 v. 1 situation, where the three second stun is kind of underwhelming, and  SWF survivors have every right to use it, as I have the right to use ruin and surveillance. There's a difference between exploits and strategy.

It's not that hard to avoid lockers, or even to bait out the stun. Approach like you're going to run into the range, and then abruptly shift away. It's done wonders for me. But more important than your ability to juke lockers is the fact that they're down two survivors who could have been doing gens, instead of waiting around in a locker.

And yes, I am getting it. I've gone against 4 member SWF with vigil, Q&Q, head on, and DS a million times. As with any other SWF, you have license to tunnel and camp, or even just slug everybody when they keep jumping into lockers. Provided that you can loop somewhat optimally, getting an early down while avoiding or baiting lockers isn't that hard, especially since you get free hits on failed head ons.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Have you seen the Swey video on YouTube. They stun the killer like 34 times.

True they were not doing gens, and end up dying. But , damn , tough game.

Can't believe he didn't DC.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,047
    edited January 2021

I think going against Head On is funny. It happens, I go "Oh #########, nice play lol" and then look out for it later.

Dude, I will take Head On over ANY other exhaustion perk.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,277

God forbid survivors using a perk as intended while having fun.

Just git gud.

• TauNkosi
    TauNkosi Member Posts: 282

I got hit by a 4 man SWF during my very first few games as legion on mount ormund. Needless to say, I didn't play Killer for a long while after that. If your fun compromises the others, there's something wrong.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    edited January 2021

I feel that, but BHVR is not going to just "delete" perks because they make the game incredibly frustrating and demoralizing for the killer role (cough DS for the longest time cough).

Personally, Head On only ranks in top 10 of most disliked survivor perks (unlike it being your #1 it seems).

0 SWF comms

1 Soul Guard (survivors who use it often tank hits for other people and the users are usually quite rude)

2 Deliverance; did you say "Killer pressure barely caused after sweat, blood, and tears"? *unhooks self* What killer pressure? (this perk has single handedly made me tunnel survivors more often if I think the unhooker has Deliverance. So, thx for encouraging me to do that, game :/)

3 BL; survivor forces me to walk all the way up to the top of a structure and then speed boosts away as soon as I've wasted all that time getting up there

4 BT; survivors run at the hook, I go to intercept, I get there and try to hit the unhooker but then the unhooked survivor is suddenly in front of me, and my hits gets eaten with no penalty to anyone other than maybe a few seconds of mending at some point (however, usually I do get the hit on the unhooker).

5 That Felix perk that makes you do actions faster when the killer has more pressure

8 Head On; what's that? you're 4 meters away from the locker and you're stunned? Sounds like it's working. Oh? You've walked into the zone after I've jumped out because you baited me, and even though I was in the jumping back in animation you were stunned? Seems like it worked perfectly.

Edit: DS and Unbreakable are somewhere down below top 10

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited January 2021

That's not true (unless something was changed recently that I'm not aware of - if so, I'll be glad to change my point of view upon sources provided)

Head on stun is validated basing on killer position at the point of time when survivor initiates jump-out-of-locker animation, but applied once it is finished wherever the killer is at that moment. The validation itself is survivor-sided, which sometimes results in questionable stuns from your perspective as a killer. For the very same reason, it does not override melee hits and if you are fast/lucky/laggy enough, you can hit the survivor mid animation.

• ILoveDemo
    ILoveDemo Member Posts: 681

Sry but the only thing I hear is...

Mimimi the survivors are bully me mimimi pls stop that and let me win mimimi I'm always good and Swf is bad XD

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

Honestly, Dead hard is more cancerous then that perk and dead hard does not even come close to the thing of BT or DS in terms of bs..(Well,other then going thou killers..like really?)

• xxDeathwishDW
    xxDeathwishDW Member Posts: 138
    edited January 2021

Is this a joke? I'm a Killer main and encountered lots of 4 SWF Object-HeadOn-Decisive-Unbreakable teams. It's just so easy to counter it. Downed survivor and afraid of lockers for Head On? Just check lockers! Do you think when in chase they are going to stun you? Some people said you must check lockers for that. Hell no, that's why u guys so mad. If you think they will, stand still, fake it and that's it. You countered Head On. You'll say experienced survivors will not be able to faked. Bro, it's like Dead Hard, DS, Unbreakable. You encountered all of them. They are perks and they must be used at some point. Don't think you'll get ZERO stuns. You can only stop their abusing with the tips I gave you.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

I've not re-tested it recently. So, it might very well have changed fwiw. This was back at the beginning of 2020 and it was very consistent.

As killer, I stood still in a spot and checked if it was out of stun range by trying to head on. Then, from the same spot, we tested by walking forward once the animation had already started, but not finished. That would stun me every time.

Then, we tested in the same fashion, but this time lunging into the survivor. That as well resulted in a stun without the survivor taking damage.

Lastly, we tried by swinging when being right up to the locker and as soon as the animation started. Again, same results as above.

I don't doubt that with lag it could've been possible to hit the survivor. But we all know how DbD handles latency.