Survivor isn't individual focused.

Playing survivor isn't about yourself. You have team mates for a reason and if you play survivor and claim that it's made around playing as a single individual then you are a bad survivor and you should stop thinking like that. Do gens and help your team you selfish prick.

I have never in my life seen someone win by being an "individual" unless the killer is too nice for their own good.

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

It’s safest and easiest to play in a team but you are explicitly not forced to do it. There are perks for survivors designed for playing as an individual and trying to get out alone. (Sole Survivor and Left Behind)

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I just focus on getting my pip as solo survivor, though I do enjoy watching cocky teammates suffer at the hands of the killer. I don't need to survive, just survive longer than everyone else.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Solo queue is.

• AbeGodsent
    AbeGodsent Member Posts: 7

That's the worst way to play though. There's no genuine fun and the only people I have ever seen do it are just selfish ######### who berate children on games like call of duty.

Look, I don't care if you're running perks or certain strats that are more around just keeping yourself alive but doesn't it STILL benefit you to at least be doing gens? How much genuine fun can you have sitting in the background jerking off and waiting for everyone to die and then hoping you find hatch first or that the exit gates aren't too close together?

Tbh I understand nothing I say matters but is it really that ######### hard to just play as a team for some people? Can they really not grasp some form of in-game decency and just repair one or two gens while skulking around and attempt to be somewhat helpful if even just for getting obj points?

• AbeGodsent

You say "got carried" but that sounds like decent team-players. If 1 person is looping and the other 3 are doing gens then everyone is helping the the entire team toward escaping.

Trading off or taking turns doesn't matter to me as most good killers will try to keep pressure on gens giving even hardcore loopers time to breathe or maybe get some obj points but doing some of another gen.

The issue is some will hide in a corner and wait for hatch the entire game, hoping they don't get ######### by spawn.

• Hex_UrbanEvasion
    Hex_UrbanEvasion Member Posts: 200

More often than not, if I get a match with someone who plays "as an individual" and not with the team, sure, they get to the end. They're the last survivor. But because they did nothing to help others, they don't do things like run across the hatch when it spawns, and the killer finds it first, and then they gotta cross their fingers and be super fast and sneaky to open a gate. Usually, I watch those players get boned, deservedly. I even saw one who was playing locker jockey and running Left Behind have a Legion shut the hatch in her (it was Claudette of course) face and shake his head at her for her [BAD WORD] teamwork.

You can loop a killer for ten minutes if you want. That's cool. But everyone else is doing gens for you to get out too. You can just do gens and ignore while your teammates do saves, which is fine, because you're doing the main escape objective. As long as you aren't being a total heel, turning the game into a 3v1 instead of a 4v1, you're working with your team.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited January 2021

Unfortunately, as with camping and tunneling, the developers like this sort of behaviour because they don't understand and/or care about the line between art and gameplay.

In a nutshell, they want people to let their team die.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,938

It's pretty much down to the individual as to whether they want to play as part of the Team or whether they want a more individual playstyle, that's the whole point of it. You have perks that can specifically help you in solo situations where you can utilise them to not really need the team support as such.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I see people live all the time for not being a team player. Camping the hatch instead of saving is just one example.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

I get that some survivors are more individual focused but in general it is a team game, your chances of surviving skyrocket when you coordinate or just have all players playing optimally and doing saves, healing, ect. It is nearly impossible not to play as a team since no matter what your helping each other by doing almost anything other than nothing, doing saves is mandatory even for your own survival so trying to play solo is just dumb and next to impossible unless you plan to escape by hatch every game or the other 3 survivors can deal with your bs but that often results in them taking more hooks and possibly dying before gates get powered.

That is why some killers like deathslinger get complained about because the way to beat him is simply having the other survivors do the gens and keeping everyone healthy so you can buy more time when he chases you but a lot of people don't view this game as a 4v1 even in chases. A deathslinger against survivors who are just constantly on gens usually losses due to his lack of map pressure, sure he can down a single survivor quickly but he can hardly snowball or deal with multiple survivors so if he goes to a gen with 2+ survivors if they split up he can only go for one of you.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Its more like survivors have a shared goal than being a team, lore wise.

• AbeGodsent

And yet more than half the people I play with can't understand the goal.

• AbeGodsent

The issue is that some go into the game expecting everyone else to do everything or die so they can survive and don't do gens or loop at all.

• AbeGodsent

I agree completely, I'm talking about those that intentionally don't do anything and will let teammates die first hook if they can get away with it.

• AbeGodsent

It's just annoying to have a bad teammate and then their excuse be that the game was made to be that way and to blame the developers like it wasn't at all their decision to be a worthless teammate.