Struggling is the new killer.

The last thing I want after a difficult game is to have my struggle bar glitch and get me killed. You've introduced cross play where connections are going to be sketchy. When will you fix it so I'm not mashing a button only for it to latency spike and register how I didnt press it... getting me killed. Seriously.

How about struggle is automatic and if you want to give up, press a button. I would imagine it's not that difficult to make.

What am I saying. Your redeem codes dont often work.

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,145

They should do struggle mode like it is in Pyramid Head's cages, where the survivor gets skill checks.

• Hex_UrbanEvasion
    Hex_UrbanEvasion Member Posts: 200

I would love skill check struggles. The A+D and space bar is gonna give me carpal tunnel.

• PodgeNotRodge
    PodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478

It would be a good idea, I like it, but again, I often get laggy skillchecks while doing other things. There are times I feel I hit it but it doesnt count it. So if this was a full time thing, I dont think itll go down well

• Hex_UrbanEvasion

That too! Something I did the other night while playing actually knocked out the LEDs in a section of my keyboard. My 3 key keeps popping off for no reason! (That's actually because of an MMO, but still.) I can already feel the WASD will be the next to go. I just know it.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

You have no idea how many times I get a lag spike on console & get punished because of it. I feel for you man!

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

You do realise you can remap the struggle to another button? Such as mouse wheel down, which is literally designed for being used fast anyway

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Yeah. Terrible mechanic. Who wants to die from lag?

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

As long as those skillchecks don't get smaller like with pyramid head ones, I agree

• Hex_UrbanEvasion
    edited January 2021

Yes, I know remapping keys is a thing people do all the time. I did not know that you could specifically unbind your Struggle from A+D to a different set of keys/buttons without affecting your normal movement, since I'm accustomed to games where the two things are linked and remapping one changes everything else those keys do.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    edited January 2021

The reason I said "you do realise" was because I've seen streamers with 10k+ hours who are still using the space bar to struggle on hook, and I was like, how often do these guys replace their keyboards? I guess I found it surprising that someone does not immediately change the space bar mapping, it probably took 10 games of survivor for me to find a solution, although my keyboard is an ergonomic keyboard, and the space bar is particularly heavy, so it just wasn't suitable.

On the A+D, no I don't know if you can remap that, you could potentially macro it. For that I sometimes just use two hands to reduce the carpal factor, since you don't really need a hand on the mouse anymore.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

I actually have it and sometimes the pain and numbness happens at the same time and I have to let myself die on hook if people take too long to rescue. But then again, if I get chased for too long I sometimes have to stop running and let the killer down me. It really sucks and me being bad at the game doesn't help 😭.