I feel like Dead by daylight is just killing the older player base

I have made a post about this before and now i have to go back to it again.

But why are the realising cosmetics from battlepass 1. I see this as just a easy money grab from work that's been done before. Arent the battlepass meant for grind for limited edition skins. It's such a stupid topic to pick up to becuse the people who werent there can be happy to buy them, but the people who grinded just get more and more shut down.

I feel like today when you see a really good skin or cosumetic its not that cool anymore, you can just buy it. The ondly real flex today is the Legasy. Everthing else is eather realised for free or bought in the shop.

But hey, at least we keeps our charms, ffs

Comments

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244

I don't get why you complain about this topic tbh. If you did grind a whole rift without actually buying tiers you got ALL the cosmetics for 1000 Auric Cells.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

Excuse me, what? Do you really need some exclusive cosmetics in order to be able to enjoy the game? What kind of reasoning is this? You get a ######### ton of cosmetics basically for free if you complete the rift, and you get those cosmetics way before everyone else does.

This might have been a valid argument for past events like Scorching BBQ or Lunar new year, but Rift cosmetics eventually coming in the store is fair enough

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited January 2021

They said that the Rift outfits would be available eventually when the first Rift released. I wouldn’t be surprised if the devs are trying to do the same with most charms.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

Technically it's free because you earn those 1000 auric cells back.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

But they are and the cosmetics have less value in the player's eye's.Only problem was scalpers we're racking up on cosmetics and then selling them, taking advantage of the people who missed those opportunities to get them.

This is the only problem ,with having the exclusive items but every player should be able to have something exclusive to separate you from everyone else.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Even with the event cosmetics I don't care if they are time limited or not. I never got the exclusivity argument why the hell should Timmy not be able to get the billy bbq hammer because he started later that seems kinda crappy. Cosmetics are there to expresses yourself this badge of honor crap is best demonstrated through excellent play not a gold glowing survivor or killer. Work for cosmetics you want not for cosmetics others can't get.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

How many of these posts do we need about people that either don't remember or weren't paying attention that they have always said they would release these skins later? Charms are a different story btw

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

Yeah but people literally put on the same thing as you ,I saw a guy with my hoodie ,never touched again.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Could we put up a poll for whether we want cosmetics to be exclusive. I'm interested to see what the player bases opinion is on this?

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Your mindset is so alien to me that it makes me wonder if we are from the same species. Do you play the game for the fun of the game, or do you play it the way someone who is six plays with a Barbie or a Ken doll, i.e. to dress them up in all sorts of outfits? Cosmetics are the least important thing about this game. To date, I've bought one; I purchased the Krampus cosmetic for my Trapper. Sometimes I remember to put it on him. Do you get my point? If the cosmetics are what matter to you, there are countless games and simulations where you can focus on that. Some of them do have unique outfits. Go knock yourself out.

As to your overall, silly points:

1. This game is upkept by a business, and it costs money. They monetize certain things, cosmetics among them.
    2. If you want to be special and stand out, become one of the best at this game; throw yourself up on Youtube and prove it.
    3. Stop wasting our time.
  • Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

I understand you. It's not that we want be special just to flex, but to show that we were there when it happened.

When I see a Legacy player, I will say "oh cool, legacy, he played the game back in 2016". Like, you are recognized for your efforts in the game, showing how much you played and devoted yourself for it.

I really don't care about Rift skins coming to the store, but at least everyone who completed each Rift could keep something to show that they played that Rift, as a special rewarding for playing the game during that time.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

y'know, they could overhaul the daily challenges to give character specific questlines that end in genuinely exclusive cosmetics (and encourage people to try new characters)

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Let me guess, you were one of those guys that played WoW and were all about those super rare mounts, huh?

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

Don't get me wrong, I don't give a ######### about event cosmetics being exclusive either, but I understand that some people might feel butthurt by the fact that they put in the effort of gaining them during the event and then those cosmetics were handed out to everyone for free (key part here being *for free*)

Work for cosmetics you want not for cosmetics others can't get.

Couldn't have said it better myself

• Moisette
    Moisette Member Posts: 127

I really don't mind these items being put in the shop so people who missed them or newer players can have chance to get them if they like them. I've missed quite a few that I really liked and I like that I have a chance to get them now. And I've payed for the pass and put a lot of time into getting all the items. I really don't mind if much later, they get put in the shop. I like that other people have a chance to get them, even if they don't have to work for them. It's just not an issue to me.

• Viberum
    Viberum Member Posts: 53

I’m new and I’d like to have some of these outfits because they look really cool. Keeping these outfits forever locked because for the “veteran players” sounds like gatekeeping tbh.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,146

What you're describing are the charms. As far as I'm aware, the charms remain exclusive to each Rift and won't be going to the store.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited January 2021

It's like people don't even read anymore... The cosmetics were obviously going to be added to the store at some point.

Post edited by IronKnight55 on
  • SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

Wait, can't you only buy them with bloodpoints or something?

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

That's what I meant with "keep something from the Rift", even if it's charms. For me the charms are enough, but well you know, they're charms, not everyone will look at your hook/character and look to the minimal details to see it.

But like I said, I like things that shows how much someone spent their life into something, for the Rift it's not that special since everyone can buy it and get the cosmetics, but for limited events, I really think it's important to have, because like again, it shows that person was there when the event happened.

• Laffle
    Laffle Member Posts: 82

Stop. Buying. Battle. Passes.

As long as people keep falling for this bullshit, more games will keep making them.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

1) they announced a "no more exclusives" policy in Winter 2019, with Legacy skins being the sole exception. there will not be any exclusive skins anymore, period.

2) they announced that EVERY premium rift skin was going to be added to the shop at some point in time that was at least 6 months after their rift release when they launched the very first rift. so when you bought a rift pass you should have been aware of that.

3) you paid 10$ (possibly only once, should you have completed each rift) and get a LOT of skins for that money. in the shop, each individual skin costs 10$ alone. so your reward for the grind is that you dont have to buy them with real money, but get them for free with nothing but playtime (and 10$ once).

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

There is nothing wrong with buying the passes. I enjoy doing the challenges and unlocking stuff in the pass.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

This, not only they said the Rift stuff would be on the store in due time but also the Rift was implemented in October 2019, they are not even a year and half old and the game is from 2016, so much for being the older playerbase...

• Snowstruck
    Snowstruck Member Posts: 564

They said a while back that the rift cosmetics were early release, and that they would release them eventually. They are just cosmetics you can get for cheaper if you grind. $10 for all the skins in the rift? A good deal. I wouldn't complain, as it was announced that they would be released, as well.

• undeadcookie
    undeadcookie Member Posts: 198

BHVR has been extremely open about Rift cosmetics eventually becoming available in the shop since they first implemented the Rift. Not anyone else's fault you didn't bother to be more aware of that.

• undeadcookie
    undeadcookie Member Posts: 198

You can only buy Rift skins based off community creations (i.e. Elephant Clown, NSS Legion) for Iridescent Shards. All original skins from the Rift are priced to BHVR's discretion. Blighted Nurse is only available with Auric Cells, but the recent 4 skins from the first Rift are available for either Cells or Shards.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

They were always going to be sold in the store just be glad that you got multiple skins for less than the price of one.

• posterum
    posterum Member Posts: 48

This. It's sad to see people spending tons of money on VIRTUAL COSMETICS that have no impact whatsoever in the game. I forbid my kids from ever buying battle passes.