The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Not every outfit available without real money??

If you could save up your shards for every outfit and would not need the auric cells for some outfits, it would be ok for me. But to make some outfits only available for auric cells so we need to put more money into the game is disgusting in my opinion.
They could have given us some sort of "start-budget" like it is done in many other games.
And the auric cells are very expensive btw. If you could buy every outfit for many, many shards, it would be okay. I would save like 100 000 shards for a legendary skin, but I do not want to be forced to buy the auric cells for much money just for a skin.
What do you think?

Comments

• lopezradio
    lopezradio Member Posts: 9

I think, if we want to keep getting skins in the future, this is a necessary thing.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

This is my problem to.
    They can just make all the skins with shard and keep auric cells for dlcs.

• Minifruchtzwerg
    Minifruchtzwerg Member Posts: 7

If you had the option to buy the outfits with both, so you can choose if you buy the auric cells and get your skin faster or if you want to save, it would be ok. There would be many people who do not want to save and wait. But you are forced to put real money in and I think this needs a change.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    This isn’t disgusting imo I’ve seen disgusting and it’s far worse than this. *coughs* EA * coughs* It is however a little pricey considering the dlc’s were $7.99 and you got more than just a cosmetic.
  • Minifruchtzwerg
    edited June 2018

But only if there are games where it is worse, it does not mean that it is ok.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I do not recall it being said every cosmetic would be available with shards alone. I will look but I recall that they said most would be available via shards, not all. Majority are available with shards. I see no issue with select cosmetics being auric cells only.

• Xierany
    Xierany Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2018

I was under the impression that the new currency could be earned, and not have to be bought. In game with loads of cosmetics it's not a big deal, but many characters have a small amount of cosmetics, with some bad ones, so I don't like being forced to spend money for the new cosmetics.

• ZappyBoi
    ZappyBoi Member Posts: 29

bE does not care about you. They only made this game for a profit, their decisions are driven by what can make them money. Do not moan about what you chose not to purchase, bE does not care.

• Mathen
    Mathen Member Posts: 40

I made an topic about how much $ You will have to spend to get each outfit for your Main Char.
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/3247/video-all-survivors-and-killers-cashshop-outfits-now-with-pricelist-included#latest

You can buy most of the Items with Shards, but only the super rare Outfits are Cash Only.

• Minifruchtzwerg

@SenzuDuck said:
    You guys are a little silly. They make the skins, they can't add it all for free. They HAVE to make money on the content they create. Why is there so many people asking for this stuff to be free, if they had to pay staff and make everything free you wouldn't have a game anymore. Deal with it.

You did not get the point

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    SenzuDuck said:

You guys are a little silly. They make the skins, they can't add it all for free. They HAVE to make money on the content they create. Why is there so many people asking for this stuff to be free, if they had to pay staff and make everything free you wouldn't have a game anymore. Deal with it.

They do have to make money. I 100 percent agree but $10-$11 for a single skin when a chapter costs $7 or $8? There is making money and funding the game and then there is highway robbery!
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

You guys are aware that skins are... Just skins, right ?
    I can understand people saying some outfits are just way too expensive (which I consider to be true) tho.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

They forgot this isn't a free game to begin with unllike games like Smite, League of Legends, and Fortnite where purchasing skins was your way of supporting them because they never made a profit from selling their game. A $10 skin would be another story if this was a free game, but some people payed like $20-50 already.

What doesn't make sense to me is that a shirtless David has more value than a brand new killer and survivor? The values of 2 DLCs is almost equivalent to a single skin and I don't see how skins are more valuable. Just me though, when looking at it it just makes me go "huh?" Especially when these skins are not purchasable via playtime and DLCs are.

Whatever, it's not like it matters, they're skins, but I think they aren't going to receive the financial outcome they wanted from these skins and that'll be their fault.