PSA FOR UNHOOKING

HeckaYeah
HeckaYeah Member Posts: 187
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

Hello, everyone!

This is a friendly PSA: DO NOT unhook fellow survivors when in killer sights. This equals automatic rehooks and death evey time.

Killers: IF a survivor is being unhooked infront of you and the SAME PLAYER does it TWICE IN A ROW- it's BAIT!!! How about looking at the survivor doing the unhooking, eh?

Post edited by HeckaYeah on

Comments

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

This literally just happened to me. Against a Leatherface, of course. Got pulled off and we both immediately got shredded. And it was the Claudette I had saved earlier in the match.

Why you do me like this?

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Well, it depends on the situation. i often run kindred, and i always try for save unhooks. However, if i come to the hook, and i see the killer proxicamping, AND no other survivor got time off gen, AND i know the hooked one is hitting the next phase soon, yeah, i try the unhook. He is losing that hookstate anyway, and i will always try to tank a hit for him. But if the killer is determined to get him, there is next to nothing i could do.

• HeckaYeah

In this particular case it was pretty clear. They would take turns watching me. I do agree, take what you can get. But each case is different.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Depending on how the match goes, how I rate the survivor comp, I'll just tunnel the farmer out of the match, then farm with the one who they tried to farm off hook. Let them go. Hate being farmed off hooks.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

I reserve the right to...

POTATO LIKE A MFer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Dear survivors unhook me but be smart not greedy. I definitely saved a pallet nearby to get out of this. DEAR SURVIVORS DONT THROW ALL THE PALLETS NEAR ME WHILE IM ON THE HOOK.

• HeckaYeah

šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ» YES!!

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited January 2021

1) I'd rather be unhooked in the killer's face than left to go to struggle phase on my first hook.

2) I'd be happy if people didn't lead chases toward the hook...lead them away.

3) If I do go to struggle phase cause you took your sweet time UE'ing around me, don't all of a sudden feel like there's an emergency and unhook me in the killer's face.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

It is really annoying as survivor getting farmed off the hook in front of the killer, especially when the unhooker doesn't have BT. However if the killer then tunnels me for an easy down after that as annoying as it may be I honestly don't blame them if the other person is going to throw the match and give them an easy game why not take the opportunity. As much as I appreciate it when the killer understands what they are up to and either just downs me for pressure and leaves me or just goes for the other person, in that situation I don't expect it.

• sojalol
    sojalol Member Posts: 35

True, but if you are on 2nd hook already while the killer camps and nobody else is going for you I'm going to unhook and hope the killer screws up or you have ds.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

Save and get yelled at.... don't save and get yelled at.... can't not be yelled at... "why didn't you unhook me????!!!!" "he was camping you!" "still should have pulled me!" "Why did you unhook me?" "I didn't see him right there" "You still unhooked me unsafely!"

get it from both sides TYVM! I will do what I think is best, but this is not working with the killer if they "FARM" you, and unless you have more evidence than just an unsafe unhook nothing will happen with a report.... working with the killer is generally leading the killer to other survivors, repeatedly opening a locker with a survivor in it etc... just an unsafe unhook is not working with the killer

• HeckaYeah

Did you not read what I said? The survivor and killer watched the hook together? Survivor pulled me, killer hooked me through all phases.

You do you. I'm just saying, if you KNOW it's a bad idea and either you or I will be downed right after, don't do it. My opinion, you're free to yours.

• HeckaYeah

Pretty good standards.. I like these lol šŸ‘šŸ»

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I think most survivors will try to unhook safely. But if a hooked survivor is approaching the struggle phase, sometimes you just have to rush the hook. That's why borrowed time is a good perk for solo survivors.

• HeckaYeah
  • smileybones
    smileybones Member Posts: 64

If you get unhooked in front of me, I'm going to yell out "BT CHECK!" and hit you. That's assuming I can't get the trade and don't already know whether or not they have BT.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

you have no proof they were working together and that is NOT proof "THE SURVIVOR AND KILLER WATCHED THE HOOK TOGETHER" there are a great many times things go wrong.. if you think you have a case take it to the devs with your proof, they will make the decision. you're preaching to the choir here. But my comments stand and are valid no matter what you say, why? because you still know not what is going on. I bet you didn't report it, I'd bet you didn't create a ticket with evidence to back your claim up. and the only one that can get in trouble for it is the survivor, not the killer.

• HeckaYeah

Calm down. This wasn't to grind in anyone. This was a half joking post. Wasn't that serious. Was I upset that the player unhooked in that manner?. Did I think they could have been working together ? Sure. It looked and felt like it when it was happening to me. Would you have felt the same if it happened to you?

Devs need videos and I play for fun. I'm not going to whip out recording bs every time a game grinds my gears. It's not worth and I don't have the patience nor the equipment. If you don't have video you don't have a case. And let's be real, who on anything but pc will record something?

*Shrug* I'm not bothered by it. I was simply thinking. As I said, this post was more of a "ha ha teach survivors" post that we sometimes see- an etiquette post so to speak.

Have a good day!

• HeckaYeah

The problem with but is that you need to play Bill to 35/40 or have it from the shrine. It's not that accessable- and IF you do have it it doesn't guarantee it's coming up in the web

That's not to say that fair hits don't happen. Like, say, healing under the hook or trying to sabo it. Sometimes is fun to see how fast these things can go before you get us

You do you, it not like there isn't gonna be another match right after if I go out lol sometimes a change of pace isn't terrible

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951
    edited January 2021

This is why we need a kick option, a way to decline getting rescued by kicking the Survivor in the face. These are the people that watch you throughout a chase, hide a nearby bush as you're hooked, insta-rescue you before The Killer moves away then SB away, and leave you to get tunneled. Knowing the devs, it would be a perk and only work one-time, make you the Obsession, reveal your Aura to The Killer, deactivate DS, UB, and makes you Exhausted for 320s.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

And that's why Kindred is better for solos then Borrowed Time. It actually gives you a better understanding of the game.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

I dont agree with this though, that whole "no choice" scenario, just because you dont find someone at the location you are at does not mean you have to go back to the hooked person, that implies this game is competitive or something and its just try hard nonsense.

You can EASILY just go check at the other gens if survivors are working on it instead of going back ot the hook, so that whole excuse is just weaksauce.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

You "could" go check a gen but there might not be someone there. Which is a waste of your time. If you go back to the hook you KNOW there are at least 2 people there. It's not try hard it's playing efficiently.

and this is a competitive game. Not E-sports lvl but google the definition. 2 sides pitted against each other with different objectives. It's fits.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I had a Feng yesterday who was running around my hook, got exposed by a Michael, and immediately unhooked me without BT before going down by my hook.

I could not understand for the life of me why she did that. It was like she the expose sound was her queue to unhook?

šŸ¤¦šŸ½

• HeckaYeah

I've seen a lot of streamers doing this. Irritating, and yet the hooked survivor get the pen... And the depip/ rank I'm sure huh?

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

The only time it is even slightly acceptable to do this is if the survivor is about to die and you have bt unless it's a bubba

• HeckaYeah

There's always a time and place. If you see a camper, take 2. If you know you're being chased, wait. Chances are someone is coming. Unless death is upon us try not to unhook in a chase.

When in doubt, team it up. Also, WE SNEAKING. Sneaky survivors are good survivors-they work for more than the hag. PH is also combatted, too. Torment placed around the hook can't snag you if you sneak. This also will let you find traps in tall grass. Sprinting has a time and every situation is different, but these things are hard learned and I think worth passing of. I hope it helps anyone who needs the extra hand :)