If BHVR had a team who's one job was to look for cheaters in DBD I'd gladly work on it.

Ryan489x
Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

the topic speaks for itself.

If I could I'd love to work for a team that actually looks for and monitors game for people hacking and cheating. Some of the games I've been in as of late have had some very questionable activity of the killer and survivor end.

I know that there is a report system and things get done with evidence but relying on players to record every match they play in the chance that they catch someone cheating is a tall order sometimes.

I know I'm not a game dev and it's just an Idea

Post edited by Ryan489x on

Comments

• Grimm120
    Grimm120 Member Posts: 60

Personally I haven't run into a cheater in a few months (TY luck). Last time was a Huntress who always saw everyones aura no matter where they were or what was being done. A friend of mine did say last week he ran into a flying Hillbilly who threw hatchets like he loaded them into an M16 though so I guess they're still rampant.

Is it too early for a fix on their Easy Anti Cheat, or do we have to wait another 4 years before it's addressed?

• wojtech
    wojtech Member Posts: 192

Yesterday I had a match as a doctor and when there was 2 gens left I couldn't do anything at all, no hit no blast only walk around, but the ping was steady around 50ms and other players ping didn't change either. When everyone was at the gate I could hit and use power again.

• Ryan489x

I was watching a game where a huntress was stopping people from vaulting windows somehow.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617

I faced a Hillbilly who moved at chainsaw speed without using the chainsaw, and some friends faced a Spirit who could down two people that weren't even close to each other (?) with a single hit to one of them lmao.

• jrinkwater
    jrinkwater Member Posts: 314

Maybe I am lucky, all my hours with this game and I can't say I ever found 1 cheater

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

EZ Anticheat, the system that won't ban you if you essentially set a nuke off in your game but will ban you for changing how your icons look

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

*sole job*

• RamblinRango
    RamblinRango Member Posts: 389

I watched a hacker smash Spirit from behind, beat that.

• smileybones
    smileybones Member Posts: 64

I've run into several survivor cheaters, as both killer and survivor. One thing I notice is that they're getting sneakier. I had one that wouldn't turn on their speed hack until I wasn't looking, but when you see the person in their unique outfit go from one side of the map, to behind you, unhooking the fellow you walked away from, it gets noticeable.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I like that you even have Cheryls profile pic with this comment 👍

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I think that most people would, they don't seem particularly demanding employers judging on the quantity and quality of recent content (as in the last few years).

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360

Had a game a few weeks back with a Ghost Face who flew at lightning speed chucking a bunch of hatchets and downing people in less than a second. That was the only killer hacker I ran across.

Also ran into a fair share of survivor hackers as well.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited January 2021

You can correct this by recording games and posting them on through support ticket and reporting them in game. Unless the procedure has changed. I did indeed encounter a speed hacking health adding survivor. It was pretty silly incredibly annoying at the time but eh I summited the ticket so he/she is probably eating a ban.

edit do not name any players you see hacking it complicates the process and breaches forum and game rules.

• hatchking
    hatchking Member Posts: 312

In a survivor game I ran into a hacker on my team before I noticed I popped a styptic on them they took a hit got downed and immediately got up and on full heal I ended feeling bad for the killer and let him kill me I spectated the hacker and they insta healed a survivor without for the people then teabaged like they were good

• Ryan489x

I've done that myself, and when I see a cheater I can record my game on console but some people can't and the idea of recording every game you play in the off chance you run into a cheater is a tall order.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Such a team would be a massive investment for little return, on the behalf of BHVR.

To monitor every single game to watch for cheaters is an arduous task. The amount of people required to constantly surveil the games is ridiculous, especially since they may not catch any exploits by the naked eye. You would need more than one person per game, too, since there are many different things to watch.

Video game companies run on notoriously thin margins, and BHVR doesn't have the ability to fit all those jobs on payroll. It would be nice to have a dedicated branch, but I think that'll remain a pleasant dream, for the time being.

• wildcardyo
    wildcardyo Member Posts: 125

There is no question, there are tons of people abusing wall hacks as killer and survivor and it is not obvious to most people and very hard to catch.... definitely need anticheat to be updated and a team that also catches cheaters