We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

DBD is UNPLAYABLE at a certain time of day

Sbibe
Sbibe Member Posts: 19
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

OhTofu also brings up this matter on his youtube videos. So i've been playing DBD everyday for awhile and I've noticed that the game is fair and fun from morning till evening with quick queue time for both Killer and Survivor. But at nighttime suddenly survivor's queue takes forever and while killer queue is instant, I always got match with red ranks survivor while I am only a green rank. This happens most of the time. Being the killer just felt like getting bullied and the best I can do is try not to look stupid. This probably is the reason why nobody wants to play killer at that specific time of day hence survivor's queue takes forever. My time zone is GMT+7.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,014

Evening hours increase the number of SWFs because more people have time to play. E.g. I play only Survivor in a 2 man SWF in the evening, when I play alone, I play Killer. So if I play Killer first and then join my friend to play SWF, there is 1 less Killer and 2 more Survivors.

From my experience, playing Killer in the evening is also fine, deep into the night it can be a nightmare in EU. If you play Killer during the day, you get really easy games, will be a bit harder in the evening, but during the night you get the really good teams, from my experience (but it is long ago that I played during nighttime).

• Sbibe
    Sbibe Member Posts: 19

The problem is, sometimes the queue time takes so long, the game throw me out of the queue. What am I supposed to do then? Btw OhTofu said the game is harder for him in the morning. I don't know his time zone though.

• PlantCollector
    PlantCollector Member Posts: 344

Same goes for me. I'd also play survivor if the queue times weren't that high.

However, the killer games im getting during that time are either the sweaty ones (map offering included) or some purple or green ranks, which let their teammates die on hook just to selfcare in the corner. Either way it's not fun to play Killer during that period of time.

Also i can pass on playing farm maps or haddonfield over and over again. Because nowadays people have to annoy their opponents, just to have a even higher queue time. Makes sense.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

There are simply not enough killers around.

The upcoming Undying nerf won't improve the situation. So I expect even longer queues.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I'm on EU so it might be different here. I don't play much in the morning but if I do I stick to survivor anyway - these days I just play whichever will have the best queue times.

When killer queues are instant and survivor queues are 20 minutes and they're putting on haddonfield offerings...

They like to live dangerously I guess :P

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

The game is more balanced during the daytime as

A. Less players (this usually means the good players are on both sides)

B. At nighttime, the servers become flooded by survivors all playing with their friends and such, meaning there's not enough killers so long wait times and imbalanced matches where 3 rank 1s and a rank4 go up against a 20 hour Wraith player.

I disagree with consensus though. Killer is TOO EASY during peak times as I, a relatively decent killer (imo) get nothing but purple/greens who cannot run a chase to save their lives. I wish I got good survivors at peak times but I just don't. Ever since the PH launch its been awful.

I actively don't play killer anymore at peak times because of this, and survivors just takes too long.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

I have the same impression. Peak time killer queues match me with people averaging around r7, which is nor exciting neither challenging.

#MmrWaitingRoom

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

It's been happening for as long as I can remember, but I don't remember it always being a problem. If that makes sense. But yeah I'm limiting myself to playing low tiers at these times just to make it a bit more challenging. I'm not a god killer by any means but its really boring right now.

I even see some streamers I follow just straight up gave up on killer because of it being too easy.