To the Noed Killers:

supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,484
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

How do you respond when Noed DOESNT ACTUALLY activate? I feel with the constant "nerf noed" id like to see the other side of the spectrum on the people who do run it and actually get outplayed. I never run the perk its a perk i have banned myself from using but in most cases id probably just say "respect,You did more than gens for once" lol. Anyone else? (Also side note with detectives hunch+inner strength ive healed myself 5 times a few games and nullified noed while doing it. Do the dang bones!)

Comments

• supersonic853

Did you read the post i asked what you say when it doesnt activate. But good seeing the eyes of noed killers i guess.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

They DC.

or, they just die a little inside.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Ohh I didn't see the dosent activate in that case ohh well can't complain they did bones

• supersonic853
  • Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

On the survivor side I've done all bones and waited for the post-game results. It's been pretty clutch in some situations where if we hadn't done them, it would have been a 4k because we pushed the last generator and got caught out right after it completed. It's a good feeling

I know it's not what you asked but there it is lol

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

I've lost track of how many Noeds were prevented by me gaming with Detectives Hunch aka best perk in the game

• jadedcaffeinated
    jadedcaffeinated Member Posts: 38

detective's brunch lmao

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,149

I usually bring NOED because it's fun to see if they completed gens if they also did totems. Most times there's only one or two survivors left at that point so it's not often they even bothered with totems. If NOED doesn't activate I'm just impressed the survivors actually cleansed all 5 totems and hope I get them in my survivor lobbies.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,818

The few times I ran NOED, I never had it not activate. But something I did notice is that survivors would cleanse all but one dull totem, making sure the last dull totem is easy to cleanse so that way if NOED does activate, they can get it straight away.

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 541

Really no difference from undying getting cleansed first and then ruin within the first 50sec of the match starting, It’s detrimental, especially if you know your up against a good Swf. With noed not activating at the end and especially if you as a killer struggled to down a single survivor because they played really optimally on mothers dwelling or haddonfield for eg, it sucks. Killers like trapper, wraith, clown, pig and doc almost rely on noed coming into red ranks for the first time or just simply don’t have enough experience downing good survivors that have thousands of hours in the game.

• offwhiteknight
    offwhiteknight Member Posts: 172

I don't really care. I only use NOED when playing a killer I'm terrible with (doing a daily or leveling for teachables) and expect to lose anyway. If they cleaned totems, good on them. Probably means the game lasted longer than it should have and I got a few extra bp anyway.

• PigEmpress
    PigEmpress Member Posts: 79

If the survivors took out all the totems then kudos to them. It means I won't be able to pressure them in the end game, but that's because they did the work to deny me that. Can't get mad at that.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I don't think I've ever had a game where I ran noed and all totems got done before the last gen. In two years of play.

I don't bring it that often as its a wasted perk in most cases. Typically if noed doesn't activate it means everyone is already dead before the last gen is done.

It gets cleasned a lot and is usually only good for one more kill, that's why I don't often run it because you are down one perk for the whole game and often get one extra kill from it before its cleansed.

I mean you are running a perk that relies on survivors not doing their second objective and then continuing to do so while not really playing well once its activated. I prefer perks where I dictate the state of use and can leverage it for the whole game.

Not to say I haven't pulled a 4k from the jaws of defeat with it before but that's often not what happens.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

I never use NOED but if I did & it never activated I would definitely feel embarrassed considering the fact that the survivors will probably glance at my build and realize lol

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I only run ruin on Trapper and Twins (no other perks). It's been a long time since all 5 totems were cleansed but the times that it did I just felt like "God you've had a bad game". If I let the survivors cleanse all 5 totems and they all reach endgame then I knew I played horribly that game.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    edited January 2021

If people get all 5 of my totems, take off all 4 of my jigsaw boxes, and still manage to leave through the gates......I could never be more proud of a survivor in my life......they deserve every ounce of respect I can give. They deserve to live.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I want your teammates. It is clear that you actually have the time to spend several minutes going around cleansing totems, which can only mean they are slamming gens like crazy.

• Monarch
    Monarch Member Posts: 148

It's like you ran ruin and it got destroyed in 20 seconds, it's ######### infuriating, imagine playing every game with 3 perks and it's not3 perks surv, no no, it's 3 perks killer, aka 1000000x worse.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

As Survivor, I got bored by doing Gen, 400sec on 5 Gen is enough. I dont like to get extended by Ruin + Unyding, or Pop the weasel.

As Killer, without any slow down perk, its hard to win, especially Im a Trapper main. Still, I dont use Gen slow down perk because its bore me as Survivor.

Back as Survivor, easy early game gives me feel hope on escaping, which I enjoy the game more. But at the end the game gets tense by Noed. I find vs Noed is much more fun than Gen slow down

Return as Killer, this is why I use Noed, if I got use of Noed, its survivor's fault. If Noed never happen, happy for them. They actually did all totems before all Gen.

After 70 games as Killers. Minus the games that I dominate Survivors from early game (DC, 1-2 dead before 4 Gen done), because Gen would be the key focus to rush at that point. There were around 55 fair games or me losing. 85% of that 55 games had Noed activated