Why The Plague Should be Nerfed

Options
MCRYANM
MCRYANM Member Posts: 12
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I know many of you quite enjoy how The plague works and the challenge against her, and this is my opinion but I think she needs to be nerfed even at the slightest amount. The plague makes people sick and we cure ourselves at the fountain but doing so gives her an advantage of being able to kill us without needing to be close or needing to aim. If your playing plague and you have the better vomit of death then you are able to shoot us with it from a few meters away and not the normal lunge. Unlike huntress where your aim has to be perfect the plague can shoot all willy nilly and manage to hit you with her vomit also harder to dodge it unlike huntress. Another killer that has to shoot perfectly is Deathslinger and he has the most challenge if you are near an object that can save you, but for the plague you cant save yourself. She's able to stop you at almost any loops with infecting the pallet and/or window because you don't wanna be able to get downed by her vomit since her vomit makes you sick and puts you in the injured phase. Now a lot of you may be wondering/ready to yell at me on that she shouldn't and i respect your opinion, but when playing against the plague she only has to hit you with her vomit twice to down you if she has her bloody vomit. But that could also be used once and down you if she's good enough then you basically got screwed. I think they should limit it or just change that vomit to something a bit easier to deal with. Again you don't have to agree with me and i respect your opinion. I just really hate the plagues special vomit.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Go to a jungle gym. She can't hit you there because of the wind up. Plague is one of the worst killers in the game.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445
    Options

Plague isn't one of the best killers in the game, so she shouldn't be nerfed.

You can stun her out of her red power using pallet stuns or Head On stuns.

Also, she is ranged, so do like you should with other ranged killers and not give them line of sight. When they miss, they suffer a bit of a penalty, so do that enough times and it drags everything out while gens are being worked.

• DarkPit
    DarkPit Member Posts: 87
    Options

Dont cleanse bruh.

No but seriously, since i main Plague i can tell she rather needs either a Buff or no change at all. If you know how slow her projectile speed is and gow hard it is to aim downwards, you notice the challenge which is enough aoready. No nerfs needed.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905
    Options

I like how people are saying don’t cleanse when not doing that means your broken and 1 hit I’d rather do the hide game then be broken all game

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,128
    Options

Wear a mask

• horrortale_sans
    horrortale_sans Member Posts: 651
    Options

spaceing bro

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

You're entitled to your opinion but I don't think nerfing one of the least picked killers is the right way to go.

• Viberum
    Viberum Member Posts: 53
    Options

Her corrupt purge is pretty strong, but I don’t think it needs a nerf. I honestly feel like she never uses it as survivors tend to cleanse at fountains far away from her or never cleanse at all. Survivors also tries to make sure they never run towards a corrupt fountain during a chase. That and the hit detection of the purge in general is out weird. If anything her purge needs to be buffed somewhat to make them more viable.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

1) Don't cleanse; good players will know how to oppressively deny the plague of her power, and are perfectly comfortable playing injured anyhow.

2) Corrupt purge is incredibly hard to aim. There's a tricky wind-up and the speed of the stream can be inconsistent, or just bad. Juking out her vomit will come with experience; tight loops will usually do the trick for mid-tier survivors. I played her a lot, and there have been games where I couldn't get one corrupt purge hit.

• offwhiteknight
    offwhiteknight Member Posts: 172
    Options

I play Plague a bit. She needs a buff....badly. Survivors have way too much control over her power. When and WHERE they cleanse is critical. there are times I never even get to use corrupt. If she's a serious threat to you, you should try her out until you understand how weak she is before calling for her to be nerfed.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 911
    Options

IMHO Plague is in a weird spot balance wise but she was both buffed and nerfed since launch. (Or at least the PTB.)

IIRC originally pallet stuns didn't knock her out of Corrupt Purge (I think?).

Nerfs: Black Incense used to show dying survivors on the ground and doesn't anymore. Play With Your Food used to only use stacks when using corrupt purge (Red vomit) but around the time of the Billy/Leatherface rework IIRC it was changed so now Plague's vomit (Both Green and Red) and Clown bottles use stacks.

Buffs: One fountain starts corrupt at the beginning of the match. I also think since launch they increased how long vomit stays on the environment by a few seconds.

I'm cranky about the Play With Your Food changes. I used to run it on Plague all the time since you could puke on people to indirectly injure them by applying Broken, then down them and use a stack via an M1 attack. Since each "Puke" uses a stack now you can hardly keep your stacks since it often takes several pukes to fully infect. Grinds my gears since it had good synergy. (But it doesn't annoy me as much as Clown's bottles using stacks.)

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Plag should not be nerfed.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

I winder if this is bait