Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How to get people to ragequit - Blighted Hallows Event version

Here's a simple trick to replicate for all my killer mains out there also trying to get to Rank 1 / to win their event matches bloody quickly:

Proxycamp and tunnel the living hell out of the first survivor you hook and down. Literally break off chases even if you've just hit someone, tunneling that first person is more important. There's about an 80% chance they will outright quit the match, giving you effectively a green mori and a skip on the second chase within the first 2 minutes of the game - if you don't get a 3/4 kill after that you've really messed up your resource management. It basically turns any match into a 1v3 with 5 gens to be done.

As sad as i am this works all the time, i can see why people do it. Too many survivors eagerly ragequit to get into a new game with new plants if tunneled early. The fact you can people to RELIABLY disconnect and there's no automated banning system in place / it's by far not immediate enough to deter people makes it super easy to just play vs 3 players every match. Hell, the 3 downrank pips are more of a reward than a punishment considering the matchmaking nowadays - against lower rank killers it's easier to farm the event stuff ^^ Maybe the next time an event like this is done, we need the reward acquisition to scale with ranks, to incentivize people not to derank themselves.

Just remember, you do not leave the terror radius of the hook. Period. If people bait you out of it, go back in, be in range for the time that unhook happens. Normally this is a horribly bad strategy which will get you genrushed - but during this event, people ragequit reliably enough to make it worth your time.

I guess my overall message is:

• How did you not forsee the toxic ######### people would do with this event,
  • why is it impossible to harvest bloodpoints off plants after you fill your vial and
  • why is there no automated 20 minute ban every time someone ragequits ^^

PS: Absolutely use Barbecue and Chili for this strategy. If you see 3 players, go attack the nearest one and after injuring them run back to the hook immediatly to interrupt the rescue / get the tunneled survivor to DC. If you see less than 3, stick around in heartbeat radius, they will make their move before Stage 2 and there's a good chance the guy you tunnel DCs as soon as you get him a second time around :)

PPS: Hex Ruin is surprisingly not recommended for this strat. Because you will intentionally be leaving large swaths of the map undefended, i'd run Thanatophobia or Coulrophobia instead (depending on your mobility and terror radius size)

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

My guess is that BHVR actually has no tools to detect who DCed, thats why they cant punish players for DCing by giving them an instant queue time punishment like its the case in any other game.

It would be kinda funny to look into their code.....

• Jukantos
    Jukantos Member Posts: 114

Update: i'm now up to 13 quits in 16 matches - it's almost funny, but it's mostly sad. Respect to the last SWF i faced, 4 man SWFs so far have been the only groups without DCs

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

This is no different than regular gameplay at purple ranks and up.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    I have gotten a 2 person swf group (with 2 solos) before and it's a bonus because if one of the swf dc's, the other will too.I

Two for the price of one!
  • AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited October 2018
    Wow if you need to do that your bad. I play billy for this event because he's my only killer with bbq, iron grasp, and agitation. With him its a ez 4k but I don't do that, I get them all to last hook before 3 gens are done and then just saw along the outer map so I don't pip. Only problem I face is the wait time for a full lobby.
  • MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    Wow if you need to do that your bad. I play billy for this event because he's my only killer with bbq, iron grasp, and agitation. With him its a ez 4k but I don't do that, I get them all to last hook before 3 gens are done and then just saw along the outer map so I don't pip. Only problem I face is the wait time for a full lobby.
    I play similar. 4 Hooks depending in how fast gens go for BBQ.
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited October 2018

There is an automated process for banning on DCs. However that person DC'ing to get flowers... If they are playing 45 matches to get all their vials and DC'd 10 times... They most likely didn't break the threshold and won't be banned.

Where were you when that last ban wave hit?...

• jwentzel987
    jwentzel987 Member Posts: 150
    Keep being a garbage player. I hope that ban hammer hits you hard :)
  • I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

@thesuicidefox said:
    OP is a true garbage person.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

@DocOctober said:
    I get 4 kills without being a dick

+Rep

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    edited October 2018

@Jukantos
    Can I have link to your steam profile?
    Would love to tunnel and camp you if I ever see you playing a survivor :3

EDIT
    Nvm , found you. You one of them people who apparently uses same name everywhere.
    Hope to see you in game ;)

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323

why do you have to play like an #########? do you really have such fun?

• ToxicAddiction
    ToxicAddiction Member Posts: 58
    What’s crazy is people are madder at the Killer than the disconnecting little jerks.
  • Draggonoth
    Draggonoth Member Posts: 10

Whats crazy is people get mad about a toxic killer strat when toxic survivors permalooping a killer through the whole game like normal, is "working as intended". Not sure how people can be so okay with harassing and abusing killers, but even a single killer strat is ridiculed.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    edited October 2018

I'm not going to pile on the OP for their strategy but the fact they need this to pip just means he/she is not very good. Thanks you OP for sharing your ineptitude with the community.

• Purr
    Purr Member Posts: 83

@Draggonoth said:
    Whats crazy is people get mad about a toxic killer strat when toxic survivors permalooping a killer through the whole game like normal, is "working as intended". Not sure how people can be so okay with harassing and abusing killers, but even a single killer strat is ridiculed.

and this is why im learning nurse not only is she a fun challenge to learn and master she also tells those infinite pallet loopers that the loops wont work.. same reason if i see a immersive P3 claudette in my killer lobby.. time to swap to mirror myers and pop a leyrs offering :D immersion doesnt work on daddy mirror myers lmao

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    Another good reason survivors need some more nerfs
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Where's the fun in ruining the game for others? This post makes me all the more disappointed in this community.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

To the survivors trolling just remember this:

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2018

Cant say i agree with the people saying OP is bad at the game for using this strategy. The strat is probably the most dickish way to play killer i have ever heard of but in the same instance it appears to have remarkable effectiveness. Its unethical but efficient. Survivors have no shame in using dirty tactics so if going low like this gives you the win then go for it.

• Fabyoulust
    Fabyoulust Member Posts: 27

At the end of the day we are all players here to enjoy the game. I will camp hooks if the team trolls me, flashlight butt dance, ect. If it calls for it like that then i will totally camp.

Most people during this event however just want event vials. I want them as well and do not get preverse joy from trying to ruin other peoples fun. If you do then you are part of the problem plaguing this game.