What BHVR thinks about this?

Saitamfed
Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Hello How's everybody? I hope you have a great weekend. I was playing a match as David King, saw a silhouette being grabbed so I supposed it was from a locker and instantly being released, the same happended a second time so I came closer to see what was happening and I found a situation very painful to watch. A spirit was trying to grab an SWF, both with flashlights. There were two lockers, a Claudette and a David King jumped on the lockers (they were close but not next to each other) so when the Spirit tried to open the locker, the other survivor jumped out and blinded her. So when the survivor got free, he jumped in the locker again, the Spirit was unable to do anything except to let them go. What does BHVR thinks about this kind of behaviour? I honestly felt bad for that Spirit and if it wasn't because she was on console I would send him a message saying how sorry I feel about the match, so I killed myself on the hook and reported the survivors in-game.

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,065

So you reported the Survivors for playing the game? Using flashlights is not an reportable offense.

• UrbanEvasionuser
    UrbanEvasionuser Member Posts: 67

That's not really that bad dude.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Bullying behavior is a reportable offense, however because they were using flashlights their bullying would only take them so far. I think you did the right thing in reporting them for the unsportsmanlike conduct.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Not against any rules whatsoever, reporting it won't do anything.

If you want to blame anyone/anything for that, this is a situation where there's no other option than blaming the game for letting it happen in the first place, not players doing it.

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444

It's like saying

"I didn't mean to steal that money officer but the cash was there and the guard looked away it's not my fault, it's the banks fault for letting me get that close, so u shouldn't arrest me "

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

This "tech" exists for a long time. But not many use it. Idk whether the devs dont know it or dont care. Is there even a counter? Except for exhausting the battery of the flashlight?

• Saitamfed

No, I reported them for grieffing, playing the game it's not the same as harassing a player.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

survivor like this why a lot of killer are getting bad(being meaner) they go two ways they quit the game or get sweaty and mean.

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444

Can confirm, used to let 2-3 people go quite often when it was 4-5 gens left and felt bad, or even on last gen, literally let at least one escape every match... But recently can't be asked with that, I still give 1 hatch but every 2-3 games now. And decreasing due to more toxic behaviour and after match chat

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

They were distracting and stopping the killer so the rest have time and no pressure to do the gens.

The spirit had the option to leave and look for the other 2 survivors, leaving the SWF for last without chances of escaping if they kept doing that, and she kept trying by her choice.

By your logic, slugging would be also grieffing and harassing, except that in this scenario the killer is free from being stopped.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    edited January 2021

This shouldn't be in the game, but it is. Therefore it isn't something that is reportable. Though I will say, people that do this are scum imo

Unfortunately the only thing you can do as killer in this situation is stop playing their games & they're either forced to progress the game by doing gens or by holding the game hostage. If they choose option 2, that is when you should report.

As a survivor (in your case), I imagine the killer really appreciates you giving them a sympathy kill & a nice message, so you have my respect. If you don't want to do this though, do the killer a favor & do gens so the game can end.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Stealing is against the law, the thing being discussed in this thread isn't against the rules.

Don't get me wrong, I think the fact it's possible and that there genuinely isn't much of a counter beyond "just leave them lol" or "just wait until their flashlights run out of battery lol" if the two survivors do it perfectly every time is pretty stupid. But that's on the game, not the players. I'll happily change my stance on this if a dev (or anyone in a position to actually decide the rules) comes in here and says it's considered some sort of undesirable exploit or something, but I don't see that happening.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Yes you should totally report them for using something that's in the game and having fun with their friend, don't they know dbd isn't for fun it's a very serious game!

Seriously though the killer should have realised they were just there to meme around and left them to get the ones on the gens. Also if she's falling for the same trick multiple times she's got no one to blame but herself. Hopefully she learns from the match and knows how to handle it next time.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I think it really depends on whether or not they were there to play the game, or if it was a Bully Squad. I've seen Flashlights and Head On used to torment Killers, and the Survivors weren't actually trying to play the game at all. :) The group was trying to get the Killer to quit. It is a fine line. If they were just two very enterprising Survivors who came up with a working gimmick and have practiced the timing, sure there is nothing going on there. But there is a point where you start to wonder. :)

• Saitamfed

They were? Let's suppose Spirit ignored them and chased us. What would happen when we were killed? Obviously they would take the game hostage until their flashlights get consumed, other than that if they were the only two remaining, spirit would be forced to either let their flashlights be consumed or let them go. And please, now let's talk about people with seizures, being blinded every minute is not healthy even.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    edited January 2021

Oh yeah. I saw a few streamers do that to a killer. The funny thing is one of those killers was Bhvr employee. It's pretty much a new version of ds on crack. As long as you have 2 lockers side by side and charges in your flashlight killer cant touch you. If both survivors have purple flashlights with green battery and low amp filament you can keep the killer there for about 5 minutes while the other two rush gens. This should be considered an exploit, but I doubt they'll do anything about it, since survivors are "just having fun with their friends"

• Angelicus23
    edited January 2021

they cant take the game hostage if there's a moment which flashlights consume, head on has exaustion, it could literally take 2 minutes downing them doing the right play.

yeah let's not talk about people with seizures because most features in this game can cause it like doctor shocks, slinger's gun shot fx, gens FX after being completed/missed skillcheck/broke it to regress, lery's map... ; and this is really not a game for these people, not sure why you bring that up

• Angelicus23

Oh btw forgot to mention that if it was before everyone couod escape when you iilled yourself, what you did really was a banable offense for refusing to play and help the enemy team.

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179

It make money 💰💰

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Spirit should of just left them. Why? Because it would of pissed them off. They wanted attention and she gave it. Leave and they probably DC.

• rats00
    rats00 Member Posts: 194

No.

That has nothing to do with the original argument. The issue at play is "Does this behavior count as unsportsmanlike and thus a reportable offence and if not, should it be?" Not "As long as I blame the victim for not stopping/being able to stop me I shouldn't be punished."

I get that it's super trendy to whip out victim blaming every chance you can, but stop. Seriously ######### stop. It's not cool. It doesn't make you smart. It doesn't make you progressive. It's belittling a real issue for trivial reasons.

I know I'm just going to be told to ######### off. I always am when I tell people to stop abusing that argument for trivial bullshit. So after you are done dismissing what I said pleasepleaseplease consider not making arbitrary comparisons to real problems. It's not helping.