Facing red killers all the time?

Options

I hover between ranks 8 and 9 and I've been getting ranked against red ranks a lot lately who wipe out the entire squad.

Is matchmaking bugged or something? This can't be the new standard right?

Comments

• PerfectlyPink
    PerfectlyPink Member Posts: 435
    Options

No, just not many people play. You either get brown ranks or red. Hardly any inbetween

The times you play will also have differing results as well

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Nope, that is about par for the course for the last six months. Once you hit Purple, you get Red Rank Killers a lot. I don't know how or why, but I hear this a LOT. :) I'm a Red Rank Killer and I MOSTLY get all Red Rank squads or Red/Purple mix, or Red who brought along (or got stuck with) a Smurf.

• GloryHunter
    GloryHunter Member Posts: 33
    Options

Anything non-red survivors do or don't that separate them from a legit red?

• Moundshroud
    edited January 2021
    Options

Well... I'm trying to think of a way to say this which won't sound too arrogant and vain. It is getting harder for me to tell Red Rank from any other color. Don't get me wrong, I can tell a superstar, i.e. a REAL Red Rank in my first chase. But a lot of Red Ranks do not have the required skills anymore. I don't know how they are getting there, except perhaps grinding and getting a lot of Killers who aren't Red somehow.

Thus, I'm often stunned by how many Red Ranks I killed in a match, when I was assuming they were potatoes or Green or Purple at best. So to answer your question, no... there is no way for the Killer to tell you apart once he/she has reached a certain level of skill.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

No, I have the same thoughts too. I've had games where I let a survivor go because I though they were babies. They would ignore pallets/windows that were right there and then ... purple/red. Same happens when I play survivor and more often then not i get hit because I assume the killer would try to mind game but they dont. After that, you just hold w for the rest of the game.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

I'll be honest... playing Killer has a massive difficulty spike once you get above rank 16.

Why? Because newbie Survivors don't have fantastic perks and don't know how to use windows and pallets at all, so being a newbie killer is really easy. However, nearly every meta Survivor perk is on 1 of the free Survivors except for DS and it doesn't take a whole lot of time to at least get a basic idea of using pallets and windows.

Meanwhile, pretty much all of the free killers have issues in some way. Also, none of them have particularly excellent teachable perks to go for. The vast majority of decent and approachable killers require shards or money and the same goes for most of the good meta killer perks. So not quite brand new killers are getting hit by a difficulty spike but don't have the tools to deal with it. Pretty sure that leads to a lot of people giving up on Killer after a short while.

This leads to there generally being lots of newbie killers and a decent amount of veterans who have gotten past that difficultly spike, but very few Killer players in the process of fighting their way over that difficulty spike.

• offwhiteknight
    offwhiteknight Member Posts: 172
    Options

I'm a rank 9 killer and I go against red survivor teams all the time.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

It's because new Killers are brown ranked, and a LOT of the green/purple Killers got bullied off the game by Survivors or became Survivors themselves.

This is why I tell people not to bully. As long as Survivors are shouting "trash killer, uninstall the game", we are gonna keep seeing these issues, as well as longer queue times.

The red ranks you see? They don't care.

• Equalizerg
    Equalizerg Member Posts: 6
    Options

Yes, facing 5000 hours tryhard killers all the time. Game is unplayable

• Moundshroud
    Options

Damn... you and I come from different worlds. To me... THAT is the the Dream. I want those Killers and Survivors... because if you can get to where you can play them.... you have accomplished something.

• natkaw99
    natkaw99 Member Posts: 150
    Options

I'm a rank 9 killer in Japan and I go against red survivor teams.

It happens worldwide, but why the Dev Team do nothing?

Or they think it's normal?

• GloryHunter
    GloryHunter Member Posts: 33
    Options

There needs to be a training ground of some sort (without finding 4 other people for a private game) cause this is sad for both parties. I play killer 30% of the time and at rank 15, I still regularly 4K but I get lobbies against similarly ranked survivors who are clearly inexperienced.

There is no training ground (except finding 4 others and KYF) so I look up videos and what not and try to practice in public but quite frankly I'm getting outplayed 11 out of 10 times by killers with 5 times my playtime. Having a replay/theater mode to rewatch myself through the killer's perspective woul help tremendously.